X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Hockey 2013-14 Season

I figured it was time to turn the page.
    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Re: Northeastern Hockey 2013-14 Season

Ya I think its time to move on. Who do you see as our starting man in the pipes next year as we are gonna need a stud to compete at least. Do you think Roy is any good or was he a package deal to get his brother to come to NU.
    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Think our Athletic Dept can somehow convince Rawllings to come back for another season?? Just kidding......

Peter Roby is a BOZO!
      Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
        Ya I think its time to move on. Who do you see as our starting man in the pipes next year as we are gonna need a stud to compete at least. Do you think Roy is any good or was he a package deal to get his brother to come to NU.
        It's probably closer to the latter but he should get a legitimate shot this year. Hopefully Witt or him will get on a roll early and string together some quality starts. How good their numbers will be is largely dependent on the development of Manson, Gunn, Sauce, Dax and how good Benning is right off the bat.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Assuming Szmatula is gone, who is the highest scoring freshman?

IMO, it's gotta be Stevens or N.Ferriero
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

I think Hedges could have a decent shot...just going off his Junior stats, he seems to have a good nose for the net.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

Stevens or Hedges.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

NU just added 3 more frosh and are including Szmatula in the 10 newcomers. 7/11/2013
                Only thing I've seen about him.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  NU just added 3 more frosh and are including Szmatula in the 10 newcomers. 7/11/2013
                  Only thing I've seen about him.
                  He's not going to NU as I said on another thread and that is good for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                    He's not going to NU as I said on another thread and that is good for both parties.
                    And as I asked you on another thread, what do you think his strategy will be? Why do you say it will be good for both parties?

Comment

He doesn't have many options. He has aged out of juniors. I believe he will go to a school in the NCHC or B1G and sit out this season. He's a talented player, but he isn't a Kevin Roy. Why is it good for both parties? Szmatula doesn't want to be at Northeastern. It is not good to have divisiveness in the locker room. By asking out of his NLI, Szmatula basically was telling his coaches and teammates he's better than them. Do you think his potential teammates would like that? I'm not saying NU should or should not grant him his release, but it is good for both parties that he won't be in a Huskies uniform come this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        He doesn't have many options. He has aged out of juniors. I believe he will go to a school in the NCHC or B1G and sit out this season. He's a talented player, but he isn't a Kevin Roy. Why is it good for both parties? Szmatula doesn't want to be at Northeastern. It is not good to have divisiveness in the locker room. By asking out of his NLI, Szmatula basically was telling his coaches and teammates he's better than them. Do you think his potential teammates would like that? I'm not saying NU should or should not grant him his release, but it is good for both parties that he won't be in a Huskies uniform come this fall.
                        Thanks for your thoughts. As of last week, the relationship between NU's coaching staff and the Szmatulas has been very cordial. AFAIK, The boy has not disparaged the NU at all. He has simply repeated his desire to play for the coach who, he says, was the first coach who really believed in him. That strains credibility as the Summerside team that he stiffed was very upset after he broke that commitment. Youngstown wasn't pleased either. As for the divisivness question, Szmats has two Dubuque teammates as well as three other friends from midgets on the team to help with his introduction to the rest of the locker room. I guess this should be settled by the end of July or early August at the latest.

We seem to have summers that are packed with drama and surprises.

You doing a great job with your recruit listings. Thanks for making the effort.

Comment

Jeff Cox is reporting that Ross Olsson will be heading to Northeastern this fall.

Edit: I got a tweet from Ross that said as of right now he is still heading to Cedar Rapids and is preparing for it.
                          Last edited by herbst20; 07-18-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
                            Think our Athletic Dept can somehow convince Rawllings to come back for another season?? Just kidding......

Peter Roby is a BOZO!
                            Nah he can't make since he signed one of the 3 AHL deals he was offered back in early June for the upcoming season. Enjoy destroying the players and each other as the season gets closer. Get a life loser.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Fan2013 View Post
                              Nah he can't make since he signed one of the 3 AHL deals he was offered back in early June for the upcoming season. Enjoy destroying the players and each other as the season gets closer. Get a life loser.
                              Good for him and best of luck to him. Thanks for the insult....btw, you and Peter Roby have something in common......
                              Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Working...
                              X