X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

Good article about Cam Talbot's "unlikely road to the NHL"
    http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...ll-earned.html

I'm rooting for him tonight. Hopefully he has a great NHL career ahead of him
    #OneKnight

Comment

Unfortunately, Cam lost: 2-1. To make matters worse: Read scores a shorthand goal in the 1st. Feh.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        Okay, so if we really want to push the BSU-UAH Rivalry, BSU Alum Matt Read and the Flyers will take on UAH Alum Cam Talbot and the Rangers tonight. Talbot has been named the starter for tonight with the Rangers, and if you get it, the game will be on the NHL Networks Alternate Channel, at least according to DirecTV.

So BSU and UAH played each other in 19 games over the careers of Read and Talbot. Talbot was in net for 13 of those games and BSU went 12-0-1 in those games. Matt Read had 12 goals and 8 assists in those 13 games.

Hopefully Read will break out of his scoring slump tonight!
        Matt Read with another goal and assist tonight!
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
          Unfortunately, Cam lost: 2-1. To make matters worse: Read scores a shorthand goal in the 1st. Feh.
          Talbot did stop 25 of 27, and judging by Ranger fans on Twitter, they were impressed with some of the saves he made. Rangers can't score for him, Lundqvist, or anyone right now.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/4...d#.UmnYOfk2bgc
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

The game brought to mind the 2009 Matt Read show.

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...ma-huntsville/
            http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...ma-huntsville/

Comment

It was nice hearing the good UAH publicity from the announcers during the game in present tense rather than past tense.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                Those games are why I started calling him "that **** Matt Read" to Danton, who just laughed and shook his head.

I just really want the guy to be successful. Anything that makes our old and new league look good is okay by me.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Just watched and listened to the internet broadcast. What an embarassment. One of the least professional broadcasts I've ever watched. You're in the WCHA now, raise your standards. This doesn't cut it. I feel sorry for the Huntsville players. Don't the idiots talking realize that the only way most of the families of the Huntsville players get to watch their sons play is via the internet. Their sons have worked their asses off to get a Divison I scholarship and you make a mockery of it. I feel really, really bad that they have to watch and listen to that crap. At least they can look forward to the away games.

PS Niagara is not the only CHA team to get an at large bid in the NCAA tournament. You of all people should remember the final CHA tourney and that Huntsville won it. Bemidji received an at large bid and both CHA teams were placed in the same Regional. Do some homework. Embarassing. You shouldn't be on the air.

Comment

I know it's hard not to come off as "homer" announcers but at least make a effort. My favorite was when Bemidji scored an the announcer said " i don't know who scored but does it really matter!'.
                    Originally posted by wreakingball View Post
                    Just watched and listened to the internet broadcast. What an embarassment. One of the least professional broadcasts I've ever watched. You're in the WCHA now, raise your standards. This doesn't cut it. I feel sorry for the Huntsville players. Don't the idiots talking realize that the only way most of the families of the Huntsville players get to watch their sons play is via the internet. Their sons have worked their asses off to get a Divison I scholarship and you make a mockery of it. I feel really, really bad that they have to watch and listen to that crap. At least they can look forward to the away games.

PS Niagara is not the only CHA team to get an at large bid in the NCAA tournament. You of all people should remember the final CHA tourney and that Huntsville won it. Bemidji received an at large bid and both CHA teams were placed in the same Regional. Do some homework. Embarassing. You shouldn't be on the air.

Comment

I am half of that broadcasting crew, and I accept your criticism. We had zero flow last night whatsoever. I am doing the broadcast tonight and will take whatever criticism you have for me. I'm coming out of the radio world (off for three years), where roles were easily defined and commentary was more enjoyable.

I'm sorry that it was so terrible, from the microphones to the execution.

ETA: Did I say that Niagara was the only at-large team? I meant to say that they were the only at-large team to get in before the tournament bids started. I know that Bemidji was in Fort Wayne, because I was as well, broadcasting.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm sorry that we had audio problems here. Are things going better tonight?

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats to ex-Charger Talbot for beating the Wings tonight . I didn't even remember he played for you guys until I looked it up after thinking, "Who the * is this guy?" .

Comment

We're excited.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hoof Beats for the week:
                              http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/10/30...ween-extended/

And a new commitment: Cam Knight, a defenseman at Lawrence Academy in Massachusetts. That's four so far (three for next season).
                              http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php

I wonder if Corbett will switch it up this week and have Guerriero start Friday.
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                                I wonder if Corbett will switch it up this week and have Guerriero start Friday.
                                He deserves the start.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X