West Coast College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Coast College Hockey

Some UW musings posted on the Seattle PI website. Just pure what-ifs, but it's nice that people are even thinking about a program.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlespo...ve-in-seattle/
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      Some UW musings posted on the Seattle PI website. Just pure what-ifs, but it's nice that people are even thinking about a program.

I doubt their recruiting budget would be that much. Heck, they have a great league of amateur talent right in their backyard! (the BCHL)

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post

Interesting article. I have to think that Comcast and ShoWare really are not good options for a UW team. Both are about 25 miles from campus and would be a 2 hour drive on Fridays for a 7:00 game. And both already host WHL teams. The rink that he mentioned where the club team plays seats about 12 people. At least Key Arena is close to campus.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          The rink that he mentioned where the club team plays seats about 12 people.
          Sarcasm?
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/artic...-league-062613

Probably means nothing regarding NCAA aspirations, but Arizona, ASU, Colorado, CSU, Oklahoma, and C Okla have all stepped up to formalize a ACHA Div 1 club league.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              Sarcasm?
              Only a little. It has been quite a while since I was in the arena - I remember it as having very little seating.

Originally posted by Star2City View Post
              http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/artic...-league-062613

Probably means nothing regarding NCAA aspirations, but Arizona, ASU, Colorado, CSU, Oklahoma, and C Okla have all stepped up to formalize a ACHA Div 1 club league.
              Who knows, it could lead to bigger things.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Minor clarification. Arizona, ASU, Oklahoma, and Central Oklahoma were already ACHA D1. They were all independent. They are too far west to join an existing league since that would be killer travel if it had to be a regular thing.

This will be the first year that Colorado and CSU move up from D2 to D1. As a result all 6 teams formed a league to get an autobid to the ACHA tournament.

Good move for ACHA to get a little more stability out west, but it doesn't affect any NCAA aspirations that either are or aren't there already.

Comment

Sports programs grow from the bottom up, not the top down. Participation in youth and college lacrosse programs is exploding. Expect to see west coast college lacrosse teams competing for national championships in the near future.
                  Progress and improvement are functions of change. Many USCHO posters are committed to resisting change in the rules, finances, leagues, recruiting, and extent of college hockey. A reactionary longing for the past and defense of the present will not contribute to the future of college hockey.

Comment

...I think if U of Washington and Washington State, U of Oregon and Oregon State started programs they could pull in similar numbers to the WHL teams and maybe more. The reason being that those universities are well-known brands. Include in the promo's just how many NCAA guys are in the NHL right now etc and I don't think it'd be that difficult to put butts in seats. but obviously that's putting the cart before the horse.

I don't see much interest from AD's about elevating club teams, unless I've missed some write-ups recently
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                      Sports programs grow from the bottom up, not the top down. Participation in youth and college lacrosse programs is exploding. Expect to see west coast college lacrosse teams competing for national championships in the near future.
                      Progress and improvement are functions of change. Many USCHO posters are committed to resisting change in the rules, finances, leagues, recruiting, and extent of college hockey. A reactionary longing for the past and defense of the present will not contribute to the future of college hockey.
                      No many of them understand the reality of the situation.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
                        Minor clarification. Arizona, ASU, Oklahoma, and Central Oklahoma were already ACHA D1. They were all independent. They are too far west to join an existing league since that would be killer travel if it had to be a regular thing.

This will be the first year that Colorado and CSU move up from D2 to D1. As a result all 6 teams formed a league to get an autobid to the ACHA tournament.

Good move for ACHA to get a little more stability out west, but it doesn't affect any NCAA aspirations that either are or aren't there already.
                        UAH Chargers played as a club team before going Division one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                          UAH Chargers played as a club team before going Division one.
                          They played the main branch of the U. of Alabama last year.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            They played the main branch of the U. of Alabama last year.
                            Going back to their roots, Ralph.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                            X