NHL Draft: SUNYAC devastated, Utica cancels hockey program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Draft: SUNYAC devastated, Utica cancels hockey program

With the entire rosters of Plattsburgh, Oswego and Utica hockey teams drafted in the first two rounds of the NHL draft this week officials from all three schools were scrambling. The SUNYAC Schools promised to rebuild using all freshman and D I transfers if necessary. Moreover, word moved quickly that Canton wasn't really interested in hockey anyway so players from that team may be available.

The radio guy from Utica noted: "With the AHL coming to the AUD this fall we're all set anyhow. Sure, we'll miss Louie Educate, but this'll take care of the rumor that he was going to transfer. Again."

An ECAC-West spokesman was nonplussed: "We've still got the five best teams in college hockey, any conference, any division. All five will be in Lewisiton, Maine for next year's final four."

Meanwhile Middlebury and Norwich finally have a chance in the Primelink Shootout.

Re: NHL Draft: SUNYAC devastated, Utica cancels hockey program

Originally posted by petrietodonovan View Post

An ECAC-West spokesman was nonplussed: "We've still got the five best teams in college hockey, any conference, any division. All five will be in Lewisiton, Maine for next year's final four."
    +1

Comment

Very stupid !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

With the entire rosters of Plattsburgh, Oswego and Utica hockey teams drafted in the first two rounds of the NHL draft this week officials from all three schools were scrambling. The SUNYAC Schools promised to rebuild using all freshman and D I transfers if necessary. Moreover, word moved quickly that Canton wasn't really interested in hockey anyway so players from that team may be available.

The radio guy from Utica noted: "With the AHL coming to the AUD this fall we're all set anyhow. Sure, we'll miss Louie Educate, but this'll take care of the rumor that he was going to transfer. Again."

Meanwhile Middlebury and Norwich finally have a chance in the Primelink Shootout.
        ....Happy Canada Day... +2
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Best line!
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

I laughed.

Well played x3
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
            X