Hockey East Playoff Format (starting for 14/15 season) Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Playoff Format (starting for 14/15 season) Rumor

What is the reasoning behind this decision? Usually these things are based on what can make the most money but I don't see how that can be the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      What is the reasoning behind this decision? Usually these things are based on what can make the most money but I don't see how that can be the case here.
      Do I see the fingerprint of the league's newest member in this decision?
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Do I see the fingerprint of the league's newest member in this decision?
        Considering how the AHA playoff format works...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          First HE wanted to be different than EZAC; now HE apparently wants to be the same as EZAC.
          The ECAC plays 2/3 first round games. If you REALLY want to be like your forebearers, try the waters of Atlantic City.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            First HE wanted to be different than EZAC; now HE apparently wants to be the same as EZAC.
            Because maybe now HE feels it's lacking, I mean, the defending national champion getting dismantled by Union in almost BC's backyard would have been unheard of a few years ago.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Things keep getting worse for this league. This is assinine and I'm being polite about it.

Kind of amazing the things that have happened in the past 10 years that could gone the other way.

- UMass system not nuking UML. Would anyone other than UML people care if this had happened?
              Maybe the kind folks at TD Garden would care. It'd be silly to have a Hockey East banner without the league champion's name on it.

Aside from the fact that the Board of Trustees attempt to eliminate Lowell was a witch hunt perpetrated by Amherst fanboys on said Board, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that they were trying to eliminate the wrong program? Lowell has been better than Amherst for about 90% of the time they've been together in Hockey East. It isn't even close.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Maybe the kind folks at TD Garden would care. It'd be silly to have a Hockey East banner without the league champion's name on it..
                not going out on a limb here, but if the chiefs were folded someone else would have their names on said banner
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Adding Vermont. They are floudering, the upgrade to HE hasn't helped them really, and they haven't helped the league either. Pointless addition.
                  Pointless addition? Really?!?!? Have to respectfully disagree with that. Before even entering the league, the thinking on this board was that we'd consistently be a bottom of the pack team, which wasn't the case at all. We were competitive from the get go and were often in the hunt for home ice. In less than 10 years in the league, we've played in two HE championship games, we've gone to the NCAA tourney twice, and made it to the Frozen Four once. That's not too shabby by any standard. We also consistently send some pretty decent players to the NHL. We're definitely floundering right now, I can't dispute that, but we'll be back.

Comment

Well said UVMcat! Not to mention many of us old alumni players thoroughly enjoying our yearly visit to Burlington, which had nothing to do with hockey! Gutterson is a great home arena to experience...guys like Tom McNamara, Tom Colby, John Glynn et al were all gentlemen and good friends! Always enjoyed UVM more than Maine, but that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      not going out on a limb here, but if the chiefs were folded someone else would have their names on said banner
                      point being, talking about the league being better off if Lowell was contracted seems ridiculous given their success.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        That's not too shabby by any standard. We also consistently send some pretty decent players to the NHL.
                        No team in all of NCAA sports focuses more on their alumni than Vermont Hockey. None. I follow all the HE schools on twitter, and even during the NCAA season it's nothing but "hey remember St. Louis he was pretty awesome, right?". In 2011 it was all Tim Thomas all the time (before he lost his mind). It says a lot about the (sorry) state of a school's program when they talk more about what some current ECHL'er who graduated in 2005 is doing than focusing on their current team or incoming players.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          One of the best things that has happened at BU in the last few years was when they went back to making the Hockey East Quarters an optional part of your season ticket package.
                          i dunno, the way i look at it is that you had a chance to use the tickets because you already bought them so the possibility exists that you could use the tickets. If you dont have to buy 'em there's less chance you go. i like the food commentary btw

Comment

No team in all of NCAA sports focuses more on their alumni than Vermont Hockey. None. I follow all the HE schools on twitter, and even during the NCAA season it's nothing but "hey remember St. Louis he was pretty awesome, right?". In 2011 it was all Tim Thomas all the time (before he lost his mind). It says a lot about the (sorry) state of a school's program when they talk more about what some current ECHL'er who graduated in 2005 is doing than focusing on their current team or incoming players.
                            And you're telling me this why, exactly? Someone who actively roots for Lowell on this board when UVM doesn't have a dog in the fight. Was merely making one point among several other points. Read into it what you may, but I think you're off base, at least with me.

So, let me ask you this, why are Lowell fans so sensitive when it comes to UVM hockey?

Comment

This thread could reach 1k posts within a week. Not too shabby for July.
                              Good job Nick. Pass the pop corn please.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Aside from the fact that the Board of Trustees attempt to eliminate Lowell was a witch hunt perpetrated by Amherst fanboys on said Board, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that they were trying to eliminate the wrong program? Lowell has been better than Amherst for about 90% of the time they've been together in Hockey East. It isn't even close.
                                Good point. Both probably should have been eliminated.

point being, talking about the league being better off if Lowell was contracted seems ridiculous given their success.
                                What success? Lowell had 1 good year. No different than Umass with Thomas Pock or Vermont in 2009 or Northeastern with Coach Crazy Cro and Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 07-02-2013, 09:03 AM.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X