Wisconsin Badgers Off-Season '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers Off-Season '13

Now that we're into the heart off the offseason, I figured it was time for a new thread.
    Anyways, here we go: http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...062413aac.html
    Former Wisconsin women's hockey players Brianna Decker, Meghan Duggan, Hilary Knight, and Jessie Vetter along with incoming freshman Annie Pankowski were named to the 2013-14 United States Women's Hockey National Team Roster, USA Hockey announced Monday.
    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
    Originally posted by MadCityRich
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Off-Season '13

I'm always happy for Badgers succeeding at higher levels, but I was looking forward to seeing Pankowski for the first time and yelling some French stuff for Desbiens!

Comment

It's not the ideal roster management scenario. Does Walters or Desbiens take a redshirt or does Friedman have to give up her roster spot?

Also looking forward to seeing Pankowski play, though was fully expecting it to be in a Badger uniform. There will be an interesting decision to make if she does not make the final cut. Assuming this year's team is fairly good, it would have to be tempting to play the second semester.
      Last edited by Badger Booster; 06-25-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I agree. Tough decision for the coaching staff to pick which goaltenders will back up Rigsby. As for Pankowski, she will be great to watch whether it is this season or 2014 -2015! Don't discount the remaining recruits coming in this year too. Channell, Mckibbon, and Nurse all have international experience with Canada U-18's and Jenny Ryan, a very solid defenseman with USA U-18 experience. Then the following year you add Cianfirano, Wellhausen, and Rolfes -- all with USA U-18 experience. You have to like the direction the Badgers are going whether Pankowski playes in Madison this season or next. The recruits on defense over the next 2 years are excellent, high level players and the forwards are all top scores from high profile programs.

Comment

Thought this was truly outstanding!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...070313aaa.html
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Thought this was truly outstanding!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...070313aaa.html
            That's pretty neat to say the least. My daughter was in Am Fam Children's Hospital a few years ago getting her feet (for lack of a better term) fixed. The entire staff there is awesome and it's such a blessing to only live an hr away from such a great facility and great people.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The schedule has been released! What caught my eye the most is a game against the Japanese Olympic team...on a Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                The schedule has been released! What caught my eye the most is a game against the Japanese Olympic team...on a Tuesday.
                You beat me to the punch. I'm thinking/hoping it's a misprint about the exhibition game being on a Tuesday. Hard to believe that LaBahn wouldn't be available that Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Unless the scheduling issue is on Japan's end, which is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Some schedule, not a lot of specifics. No times, and there are a lot of home series are just weekend ranges. I'll just hold off on the season tickets until things firm up. I do know one thing, I'm all over the Japanese Olympic team game. I love watching UW bludgeon other teams like Lindenwood for instance.

Comment

Purchased Season Tickets today but these "processing" fees are starting to get a little ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by sergio191 View Post
                      Purchased Season Tickets today but these "processing" fees are starting to get a little ridiculous.
                      I really wish they'd just include it all in the price of the tickets. For football and men's hockey student tickets, you add 20 bucks for the real price, and a red card is $30 and a risk of not being able to get in, not $25.

Comment

On the season ticket front, if I buy 2 adult and 2 child, but I come with 1 adult and 3 kids, will they allow the 3rd kid entry on the 2nd adult ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          On the season ticket front, if I buy 2 adult and 2 child, but I come with 1 adult and 3 kids, will they allow the 3rd kid entry on the 2nd adult ticket?
                          Of course...but don't try a third adult on the second child's ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                            Of course...but don't try a third adult on the second child's ticket.
                            I thought yes, but then there has been a lot of discussion here and the men's board about how anal the folks are who process the tickets and do the "searches".

Hopefully they get actual dates and times pinned down before Sept.

Comment

I can imagine a rookie on the front lines screwing this up, but I've got to believe that any supervisor would get it right.

If an awkward moment at the gate seems like a real possibility, you might want to "pre-clear" the arrangement by phone with management. Then, if one of the ushers objects, you're armed with a supervisor's name to drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X