X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
    Here's something to clap about - We had an errant puck on our side; laser-guided into the DU bench, which had Monty doing the classic "duck and cover" move. He did toss it over the glass to a little kid and we gave him a nice little round of applause. Less than 4500 people attended? I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see any sellouts; except for when You know who and you know who come to play us. Nice 1/2 advertising LED board though; certainly eye catching. Too bad it doesn't circle all the way around like in alot of arenas. But, I hear that's in the future expansion plans for the press box side of the arena? Ummmmm.... yeah I don't see that happening. Ever.

On a positive note - both you know who and you know who also lost - so it's easier to take
    I'd settle for getting the mother effing jelly donut out of the locker room!
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
      Well, let's see, DU's administration has worked diligently and successfully to alienate various sectors of its fanbase...the forwards can't score....there's an unhealthy overreliance on scoring from the blue line...Steve Miller will be leaving shortly...the Johnny-Come-Lately Denver hockey program has failed to compete against the college hockey powers which are Nebraska-Omaha and Canisius...the decision to dismiss George Gwozdecky seems to be working splendidly...the Pioneers have choked on their own vomit in Magness versus the Mavericks and Golden Griffins and haven't yet played Saint Cloud, Miami or North Dakota on the road...actual attendance at last night's game was in the thirty-five to thirty-eight hundred range with next to no student body presence...and in the background I think I hear the estimable Kevin Bacon saying, "Thank you sir may I have another? Thank you sir may I have another?"
      Great minds at work: I was thinking of another Kevin Bacon quote from the same movie: "Remain calm. All is well."
      Last edited by Old Pio; 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Last year, the Defense was scoring alot too. I used to joke that the D men had an identity crisis and thought they were fwds.....so this is actually nothing new, to me anyways
        I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
          Last year, the Defense was scoring alot too. I used to joke that the D men had an identity crisis and thought they were fwds.....so this is actually nothing new, to me anyways
          The problem is that the forwards, as a group, aren't even averaging a GPG and the D is outpacing them 2-1. The forwards need to bury more pucks...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
            For those of you watching Piovision, does the advertising ribbon reflect off the ice? Speaking of advertisements on that ribbon, nice to see that Monty's DUI attorneys have become sponsors of DU hockey.
            You need sunglasses in person it's so bright. And they can coordinate it for the "Anthony's Pizza Scream," but not for power plays, stats, or anything else.
            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
              You need sunglasses in person it's so bright. And they can coordinate it for the "Anthony's Pizza Scream," but not for power plays, stats, or anything else.
              going to tonights game. hoping we see the old rebound on a sat night that was often a feature of previous years. Going to be a different year but if monty can have them really play hard i thing the fowards will come around. I have worried for two years how they would score and now it is happening.

Comment

Donovan and Wiercioch each had an assist as the Isles beat the Sens in a shootout.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

CC and DU both get swept. Will be an interesting week of chatter leading up to game time. Niether are in a position to be saying the other sucks
                  I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

First off congrats to UNO. They were 0-10 at Magness coming into the weekend.

I was at both games. Here a few quick observations.

UNO outworked us all weekend. They beat us to pucks all over the ice.

I think DU worked a little harder tonight but they were not able to maintain any kind of sustained offensive pressure.

It looked like DU was playing not to lose in the OT (either that or they were gassed).

Nice game tonight by 19. His pass to Leggs for the second goal was the highlight of the weekend for DU.

Dean B is a super good coach. He worked his kids hard all week and got them ready to come in and win two on the road. A hell of a start to their conference play.

Sam looked better tonight than last night. Too bad he let in the softie. That said, UNO was the better team and deserved both W's.

I don't think this team has much of a prayer against some of the tough teams coming up--RedHawks, SCSU and WMU.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

I think DU worked a little harder tonight but they were not able to maintain any kind of sustained offensive pressure.

It looked like DU was playing not to lose in the OT (either that or they were gassed).

Nice game tonight by 19. His pass to Leggs for the second goal was the highlight of the weekend for DU.

Dean B is a super good coach. He worked his kids hard all week and got them ready to come in and win two on the road. A hell of a start to their conference play.

Sam looked better tonight than last night. Too bad he let in the softie. That said, UNO was the better team and deserved both W's.

I don't think this team has much of a prayer against some of the tough teams coming up--RedHawks, SCSU and WMU.

First NCHC home series ends in a sweep for the road team at Magness. Last conference sweep by a road team in Denver? The Badgers in 2007?
                      Last edited by MagnessMan; 11-03-2013, 12:51 AM.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

As Chester A. Riley used to say: "What a revoltin' development."

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                          CC and DU both get swept. Will be an interesting week of chatter leading up to game time. Niether are in a position to be saying the other sucks
                          CC sucks on spec.

Comment

bump and oh God………
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

First NCHC home series ends in a sweep for the road team at Magness. Last conference sweep by a road team in Denver? The Badgers in 2007?

I agree that DU was outcoached yet again. I agree that UNO was bigger, faster, handled the puck better and played with more passion. UNO was prepared and DU quite honestly was not. I would say that without Sam's spectacular play that these games would have been embarrassing. Sam was phenomenal with little or often no support in front of him. DU's Dmen were selfish in their style of play. DU's forwards aren't getting it done anywhere on the ice. Monty really needs to step up his game because this coming weekend may determine last place in the NCHC.

Comment

I'm looking for some information from Denver area locals. I'll be going to Denver January 10-12 on a dual-purpose trip. The plan is to arrive in Denver Friday morning, do a little sightseeing during the day, and then catch the SCSU/Denver game on Friday night. Saturday morning I'll be driving to Longmont for a hobby show, and then Saturday night I'll go to the 2nd game.

I'm currently trying to find a somewhat affordable hotel, but I'm not sure what area to look in. Something centrally located with easy access to Magness, Longmont, and the airport would be ideal, but I don't know the area and don't want to end up in a sketchy part of town. Do you guys have any advice on areas to look at?

Comment

Working...
                                X