X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah. To be honest, he was a WCHA guy through and through. I'm pretty sure he would have been quite conflicted about the whole NCHC move. Yet, obviously being the diehard DU supporter he was he would have accepted and embraced it by now.
    Did we really have a choice?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

We had no choice. In retrospect, it sure would have been nice if the BIG had invited us along as an affiliate member. We have had league affiliation with 5 of its 6 hockey teams in the past. The idea of DU hoisting a BIG championship banner shouldn't bother them. They are ok with Hopkins doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
        We had no choice. In retrospect, it sure would have been nice if the BIG had invited us along as an affiliate member. We have had league affiliation with 5 of its 6 hockey teams in the past. The idea of DU hoisting a BIG championship banner shouldn't bother them. They are ok with Hopkins doing the same thing.
        Never thought of that before, but there is symmetry there. Didn't even realize they had affiliate members until Hopkins/lacrosse
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Never thought of that before, but there is symmetry there. Didn't even realize they had affiliate members until Hopkins/lacrosse
          I think what attracted them to Hopkins is their medical school and the enormous amount of medical research that is done there. Not knocking DU, but they are not known as a big research university like those in the B1G. The hockey symmetry is there with DU but I am not sure about the rest of the package.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

5 of 6? I count 4 of 6, not tOSU and PSU.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Per Darren Dreger, Tyler Bozak's representatives have given the Leafs an 8-year proposal for just under $5 million per year. The ball is in the Leafs court.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

It is official that Evan Janssen signed his LOI and will be coming to DU this season. He is a forward.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Per Darren Dreger, Tyler Bozak's representatives have given the Leafs an 8-year proposal for just under $5 million per year. The ball is in the Leafs court.
                  My nose just started bleeding. 40 million bucks? Holy sh*t!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    5 of 6? I count 4 of 6, not tOSU and PSU.
                    OSU in lacrosse.

Comment

I think what attracted them to Hopkins is their medical school and the enormous amount of medical research that is done there. Not knocking DU, but they are not known as a big research university like those in the B1G. The hockey symmetry is there with DU but I am not sure about the rest of the package.
                      Your research money is correct. But really, for 1 sport, it shouldn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Did we really have a choice?
                        No.

Unless our ultimate goal was to just outpace the pastie-eating and the chemical toilet-relieving fools. Which it isn't.

Although we won't have the opportunity to lick or pound Beavers routinely. Bemidji provided comical cheers, if nothing else....

Comment

Your research money is correct. But really, for 1 sport, it shouldn't matter.
                          Well obviously it did. If Hopkins were D1 in all sports they would have been invited to the BiG. We have always been told by people at the U of MN the research departments are the backbone of all the universities In the Big Ten. Without it we would never had started an athletic conference.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

It is official that Evan Janssen signed his LOI and will be coming to DU this season. He is a forward.
                            I suppose he is taking Jarrod Mermis' roster spot. DU, with mermis and recruits, had a pretty full depth chart at forward....the worry was filling out the D and between the pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              My nose just started bleeding. 40 million bucks? Holy sh*t!
                              I like Tyler Bozak, but $5 mil a year for 8 years seems out of line. Lupul signed for $5.25 per for 5 years/ James VanRiemsdyck $4.25 for 5 years. Phil Kessel is at $5.4 mil on the last year of his contract and becomes a UFA after the upcoming season.(Bozie last contract was 2 years for a total of $3.)

Granted Bozak and Kessel are the Bert and Ernie of the Leafs and Bozak is the go-to-faceoff guy. They certainly did miss him in the last 2 games with the Bruins. He also had the only 2 short handed goals scored by the Leafs. But a #1 big center, always seems to be on the Leafs wish list. And Bozie's name always comes up on the trade away list. If Bozie gets $5 mil what will Kessel ask for?

BTW. Colborne
                              Jumbo's entry contract is done; he is a restricted free agent as is Nazem Kadri. Could be a make or break year for Big Joe.
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 07-02-2013, 10:55 PM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                I like Tyler Bozak, but $5 mil a year for 8 years seems out of line. Lupul signed for $5.25 per for 5 years/ James VanRiemsdyck $4.25 for 5 years. Phil Kessel is at $5.4 mil on the last year of his contract and becomes a UFA after the upcoming season.(Bozie last contract was 2 years for a total of $3.)

Granted Bozak and Kessel are the Bert and Ernie of the Leafs and Bozak is the go-to-faceoff guy. They certainly did miss him in the last 2 games with the Bruins. He also had the only 2 short handed goals scored by the Leafs. But a #1 big center, always seems to be on the Leafs wish list. And Bozie's name always comes up on the trade away list. If Bozie gets $5 mil what will Kessel ask for?

BTW. Colborne
                                Jumbo's entry contract is done; he is a restricted free agent as is Nazem Kadri. Could be a make or break year for Big Joe.
                                All true. But I was just commenting on the unbelievable about of money floating around in major league sports. There was a time when baseball players needed to sell jocks and cups in the off season to make ends meet. Not any more.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 07-03-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X