X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    BTW, I went back and listened to the presser again and he said Garrett Arnold was out this weekend. Not sure if he meant Garrett Allen or Grant Arnold.

Me too. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Wonder if we will get film clips to see the frosh sing on the plane.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Me too. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Wonder if we will get film clips to see the frosh sing on the plane.
      Well, it should be a powerful group. That brings up another tiny Jayism. Last week he made reference to the team singing the D-Rah after home sweeps. I thought that was something Gwoz instituted after road sweeps. Has the tradition been expanded?
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

BTW, I went back and listened to the presser again and he said Garrett Arnold was out this weekend. Not sure if he meant Garrett Allen or Grant Arnold.
        Jimmy hasn’t learned all the names of his players yet. If you watch closely he calls them by their number not by their name.

Comment

Great to see Sam get the credit he deserves on the front page of USCHO.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/16/conf...reate-offense/
          Last edited by BigBossMan; 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
            Great to see Sam get the credit he deserves on the front page of USCHO.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/16/conf...reate-offense/
            +1
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Link to the 2013/14 Media Guide

http://www.denverpioneers.com/fls/18...B_OEM_ID=18600

Official press release from AJHL on Tariq Hammond's commitment to DU.

http://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-arc...ml?newsID=3670
              Last edited by du78; 10-16-2013, 04:46 PM.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Link to the 2013/14 Media Guide

http://www.denverpioneers.com/fls/18...B_OEM_ID=18600

Official press release from AJHL on Tariq Hammond's commitment to DU.

http://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-arc...ml?newsID=3670
                Hammond looks like a real quality kid.

Schlossman has a good article on recruiting http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/275428
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  You're right. What did they say? I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting the thing installed properly. And they don't plan to do that in future. Ribbon boards can be useful during the anthem and pumping up the crowd. I can't imagine (admittedly very optimistic here) that DU would be cheesy enough not to utilize the technology to its fullest advantage. They've been cheesy enough to dismiss a mascot the students and alumni love, so I'm grasping at straws here.
                  All they said they still had some changes to do but they were going to pass my complaint along to facilities management. I used to have a connection, but no more.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                    All they said they still had some changes to do but they were going to pass my complaint along to facilities management. I used to have a connection, but no more.

That doesn't sound promising, does it? I've got no problem with advertising. But I would have a problem with them underutilizing a resource that's good for improving the game atmosphere.

Comment

Fascinatng Factoid of the Fortnight

DU's next 4 opponents are named after 3 myths and a drunken revel.

1.UAA Seawolves (don't call them seahawks they get really testy)

2.uaf Nanooks In Inuit mythology, Nanook (Inuktitut: ᓇᓄᖅ,[1] [na.'nuq],[2] lit. "Polar Bear")*
                      Just for you Old Pio, The word was popularized by Nanook of the North, the first feature-length documentary 1922.

3.Canisius Golden Griffins combo lion-eagle-god only knows

Finally the drunken revel--Niagara Purple Eagles smaller than a pink elephant, but they can fly

*Wikipedia
                      Last edited by vizoroo; 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Colborne close to his first goal for Calgary. But his eye level is a "wee bit" above the crossbar of the net.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Fascinatng Factoid of the Fortnight

DU's next 4 opponents are named after 3 myths and a drunken revel.

1.UAA Seawolves (don't call them seahawks they get really testy)

2.uaf Nanooks In Inuit mythology, Nanook (Inuktitut: ᓇᓄᖅ,[1] [na.'nuq],[2] lit. "Polar Bear")*
                          Just for you Old Pio, The word was popularized by Nanook of the North, the first feature-length documentary 1922.

3.Canisius Golden Griffins combo lion-eagle-god only knows

Finally the drunken revel--Niagara Purple Eagles smaller than a pink elephant, but they can fly

*Wikipedia
                          All true. And the film also inspired the fearsome UAA student chant: Nanoo. Nanoo.*

Nanook of the North was certainly the first non-fiction feature film and predated the use of the term "documentary" despite some criticism because a few scenes were recreated. One persistent myth: Allakariallak, the great hunter who starred, died of starvation shortly after the film was released. Actually, he died of advanced halitosis, in the UAA student union.*

*(don't ask, just go with it).
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 10-17-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

In case you missed it...cool thing for the US NTDP guys to visit youth hockey practice while they were in the Springs. Article includes comments from your recruit Jared Fiegl.

(And I seriously hope the NCHC teams do well up in Alaska this weekend!)

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWF View Post
                              In case you missed it...cool thing for the US NTDP guys to visit youth hockey practice while they were in the Springs. Article includes comments from your recruit Jared Fiegl.

(And I seriously hope the NCHC teams do well up in Alaska this weekend!)
                              Thanks for the tip. Good to know they chose U-18s to cheer for, not our friends to the south
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Donovan back in Isles line-up tonight. Matt had this to say after this morning's skate.

Matt Donovan, on what he gained from sitting out the last two games: "I think just watching overall and thinking to myself what I need to do to get back in the lineup and play well and make the team better. [Being scratched] pushed you that much harder. I'm here now, and I don't want to get sent back down, so it makes me want to work that much harder to get back in the lineup and stay in the NHL."
                                Last edited by du78; 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X