25 days

till DU's next game

Matt Tabrum
    Junior Forward
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Islanders Update--it's just a short train ride away
      On the blueline, there is almost certainly a job opening in the wake of Mark Streit's departure. In pole position is Matt Donovan.
      Scott Mayfield will get his first full pro season after debuting on ATOs at the end of last year. Mayfield should be an entertaining physical force for Sound Tigers fans.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...mp-job-battles
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Yes, congrats to Chevy for taking the next step in his career, and for being able to return to Colorado. But I am a little surprised that he didn't advance a little further up the chain. It looks like he did pretty well in the AHL and ECHL, and it seems rather early in his career for him to be joining the Eagles. I thought he'd spend some more time in the AHL. But there is probably more to the situation than meets the eye, so good luck to him with the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Islanders Update--it's just a short train ride away
          On the blueline, there is almost certainly a job opening in the wake of Mark Streit's departure. In pole position is Matt Donovan.
          Scott Mayfield will get his first full pro season after debuting on ATOs at the end of last year. Mayfield should be an entertaining physical force for Sound Tigers fans.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...mp-job-battles

Personally, I think its Dono's job to lose. After the season he had in Bridgeport last year and Streit going to Philly, there is a huge demand for an offensive minded d-man. This is his big chance and hopefully he grabs the bull by the horns.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

You are right about Donovan. This years camp, for him in particular, is like, oh maybe a family of Gazelles gently grazing on the turf of a pride of Lions, with a cackle of famished Hyenas in the distance. He is being watched. Closely.
            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Chuck Schwartz over on Wisco recruiting thread says Tyler Sheehy is on DU's radar along with WMU and Mankato. He de-committed from OSU when Osiecki was let go.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5768667

http://www.hselitehockey.com/news_ar...errer_id=44827

Some data on Tyler

http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2014-nh.../tyler-sheehy/
              Last edited by du78; 09-11-2013, 07:45 PM.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

September 12, 2013

24 days

till DU's next game

GO DU !!!

Comment

Do People think DU will be ranked in the pre-season? If so, tell us where. I say #14.

Comment

DU's preseason guests, UNB, starts thier preseason this coming Monday night vs. Moncton. I think the Reds will treat thier US weekend as more of a team bonding, "have some fun road trip", rather than trying to put together solid lines and a game plan. Those Canadians usually are a bit bigger too.... and like to hit. Whereas DU should treat the game relatively differently.
                    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      I've got some eligibility left. And I'd be proud to wear 32, 34 or 38. 'Course it'd be hard to hold on to the stick and my walker at the same time.
                      click click click
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        click click click
                        Plus there's always the danger of denting my hip flask.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

September 13, 2013

23 days

till DU's next game

Matt Marcinew
                          Freshman Forward
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

September 13, 2013

23 days

till DU's next game

Matt Marcinew
                            Freshman Forward
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

So i tried this question last week and was completely ignored, no answer, no "where have you been Dmann?". no, "gosh we missed you Dmann?" Where's the love for a veteran " All Thing DU " poster???? Anyway, all kidding aside, does anyone have any insight into our new players?, there are so many of them. That combined with our new coach makes for a lot of question marks for this season!!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                So i tried this question last week and was completely ignored, no answer, no "where have you been Dmann?". no, "gosh we missed you Dmann?" Where's the love for a veteran " All Thing DU " poster???? Anyway, all kidding aside, does anyone have any insight into our new players?, there are so many of them. That combined with our new coach makes for a lot of question marks for this season!!!
                                "gosh we missed you Dmann?"
                                Assumed you spent the summer sailing the seas or had too much OJ and vodka to post.
                                BTW, you should contact Bravo to see if they would like you to be the next Captain on "Below the Decks".

OK, now on to hockey which I assumed, once again, that DU78 would lend his expertise, but....
                                Here we go anyway.

My top 4
                                D Will Butcher Played for the USTDP for the last 2 years. Was invited to the Team USA WJC evaluation Camp and did well. 26 GP 3-10-13 +5
                                F Trevor Moore USHL 62 20-43-63 -20(ouch) Knows how to score but looks like he will need some coaching on the defensive end.
                                G Evan Cowley NAHL Just turned 18, tallest on the squad at 6'4". GAA 2.90 Sv% 9.00 This year he will back up Sam and get some quality coaching. Has not had goalie coaching until just recently.
                                F Evan Janssen USHL Played for Coach at Dubuque last year. Knows what is expected by Monty and Coach knows him. 51 10-13-23 +4

International Set
                                Two of the last skaters signed may be a very pleasant surprise as far as scoring goes.
                                F Emil Romig NAHL 54 17-37-54 -7
                                F Matt Marcinew AJHL 38 22-19-41 NA
                                Imported from Austria and Canada respectively.

D Nick Neville NAHL 60 7-28-35 +5
                                D Matt VanVoorhis USHL 53 6-19-25 +25
                                F Brad Hawkinson USHL 51 12-6-18 +2
                                G Greg Ogard EJHL stats NA

Last, but not least
                                F Wade Bennett Freshman/Junior or is it Junior/Freshman whose younger, blonder brother (Beau) led him to DU, whose retirement was prematurely reported, and who played Defense in the BCHL and NAHL in 2010-11...and I think played in a couple of exhibition games for the Pioneers between 2011-13
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X