X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Per Terry Frei at Denver Post - Gwoz going to Tampa to be an assistant with the Lightning. He gets to coach Matt Carle again.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_23823665
    Well, getting a little NHL experience would be helpful in becoming a head coach, no?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Personal opiniom, not based om fact, think Gwoz would prefer a college post and he woud just let DU pay him to sit idle. BUT it can't hurt to have NHL experience.

Matt Carle didn't have a great year last season (the team did suck) and if Carle's play improves exponientally, that would certainly be a big feather in his cap.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Will Butcher — D — Though his defense is still coming along, Butcher’s puck-moving game is looking as good as ever in this camp. He’s strong on the power play and he reads the offensive zone really well. Butcher has good speed and his distribution is solid. He’s making better decisions with the puck and taking fewer unnecessary risks. I think he could carve a spot for himself as the team’s seventh defenseman, but he played top-pairing minutes today and looked just fine.

I think the players scratched today, with the exception of maybe Quentin Shore and possibly Stefan Matteau are virtual locks to make the team. That offered the staff a chance to get more evals on guys who needed it. I think we’ll see the players that had the best camp get rewarded with spots in the game against Canada, which should include many of the strongest candidates to make the final roster.
        Chris Peters, United States of Hockey.

Personally, I think Q will be more like Drew than Nick. But in either case that's worth 40+ points this season.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Gwoz signed a 3 year contract
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just got back from meet and greet. Nice event. Jim showed up and made his way through the crowd and made sure to talk to everyone. I didn't know anyone there but got to sit with a nice guy that turned out to be the team doctor from back in the early '70's and has been a season ticket holder forever. When Jim made his way over to us the ex-team doctor asked him about his recruiting philosophy (particularly being interested in his views on recruiting blue chip 1-2 year players vs. 4 year guys). Jim basically said that recruiting is all about balance and he's gonna recruit great guys from great families that will be great fits on the team. Some will be 1-2 year guys and some will be 4 year guys. Speaking of 4/5 year guys, Yellow Truck showed up at the event too.

All in all, it was a nice event and I left excited for the upcoming season and our new coach. Also, I could be wrong, but based on the 10 min conversation I don't foresee as much "Gwoz-speak" in the post game interviews with Jay.

Comment

DU's Mascot Steering Committee announced the findings of its research on Friday and recommended that none of the considered mascots move forward as they are currently designed.

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_2382...t-adopting-new

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                Just got back from meet and greet. Nice event. Jim showed up and made his way through the crowd and made sure to talk to everyone. I didn't know anyone there but got to sit with a nice guy that turned out to be the team doctor from back in the early '70's and has been a season ticket holder forever. When Jim made his way over to us the ex-team doctor asked him about his recruiting philosophy (particularly being interested in his views on recruiting blue chip 1-2 year players vs. 4 year guys). Jim basically said that recruiting is all about balance and he's gonna recruit great guys from great families that will be great fits on the team. Some will be 1-2 year guys and some will be 4 year guys. Speaking of 4/5 year guys, Yellow Truck showed up at the event too.

All in all, it was a nice event and I left excited for the upcoming season and our new coach. Also, I could be wrong, but based on the 10 min conversation I don't foresee as much "Gwoz-speak" in the post game interviews with Jay.
                Was always amazed Gwoz could say the same thing in multiple post game interviews. Must have something to do wth his diplomat brother.

And are we surprised that the majority did not like the mascot choices?
                GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                  DU's Mascot Steering Committee announced the findings of its research on Friday and recommended that none of the considered mascots move forward as they are currently designed.

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_2382...t-adopting-new
                  Boone, our unofficial mascot lives on!

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                    Boone, our unofficial mascot lives on!
                    That's awesome! You guys have fun with that! I still have some of my GI Joes from elementary school in my mom's basement. Sometimes when I go over she lets me play with them, she never lets me play with my sister's dolls... It brings back a lot of memories from the mid 90's...
                    Originally posted by vizoroo
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    Originally posted by duper
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Quentin Shore and Will Butcher both skating today against Canada. #NJEC 1:00 PM eastern 10:00 AM here in the west.

(Not going to get a verbal war started with ronmexico this much before the season starts so I won't make a comment about him sleeping with a stuffed tiggie so he won't be alone. )
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

#NJEC after 1st USA 2 Canada o
                        Both PPG 5x3
                        Butcher and Q Shore both have assists

UPDATE 2nd Period
                        @CoreyPronman
                        OTT's Quentin Shore with a fantastic individual effort makes it 3-0 with a shorty.
                        @chrismpeters
                        Incredible play by Quentin Shore makes 3-0 shorthanded. Beat and out muscled Pouliot for puck, ripped a shot high glove. Terrific effort.
                        3rd Period UPDATE

Q Scores Again!! PPG 4-0 less than 15 min to go

5-1 final
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Shore scored two goals, a PP and SH, in addition to assist.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ary-flames-nhl
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            Shore scored two goals, a PP and SH, in addition to assist.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ary-flames-nhl
                            USA Hockey also has highlights of the game and a brief interview with Q.

Different subject: protected lists out for USHL. Ray Pigozzi now on the Chicago list.
                            Thanks to Chris Dilks and Jeff on Western College Hockey Blog.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

You mean no Pig this year? Man, I was looking forward to that.
                              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                                You mean no Pig this year? Man, I was looking forward to that.
                                \
                                But we've got the Butcher
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X