X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
    As I recall, Suze blamed Gwozdecky for Wiercioch's fake knee injury. She also mentioned that Kreeson was faking an undisclosed volleyball injury, and that Gwozdecky was faking concern over all of these fake injuries.
    All true. But with her keen x-ray vision, from her strategically placed seat (near the men's vomitorium) she could "see" that Patrick wasn't injured. Eventually, she also included him on her list of DU "liars." After this year, it'll break my heart not to have her and her bullsh*t team to worry about.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      And what's to say he wouldn't change his mind again if a pro offer came calling? I think this could set a bad precedent for the program. IMHO it would smell like Coach Monty contacted him knowing full well he has a NLI and could be exposure for some sort of NCAA penalty. Not Good!
      This is exactly why I don't want him. He seems untrustworthy to me, and it will be hard not to wonder what, if anything, Montgomery did against the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
        This is exactly why I don't want him. He seems untrustworthy to me, and it will be hard not to wonder what, if anything, Montgomery did against the rules.
        I think of Brad Buetow in the 90's.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just booked my trip to visit Denver in October. I am a Merrimack fan and am excited to being making the trip out west to see the Warriors play the Pioneers. I was just wondering, what section is the away fan section. I looked on the athletic department's website and could not find the answer. Merrimack's ticket people are morons and after I almost didn't get my tickets for a game against U Mass Lowell (10 minutes away) I figured not to trust them if I am flying to a game. I hope you guys lose only two games this, both to the Warriors.
          Rinks Visited
          DCU Center
          Tulley Forum
          TD Garden
          Tsongas Arena
          J. Thom Lawler Arena
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Agganis Arena
          Verizon Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Matthews Arena
          Thompson Arena
          Mullins Center
          Alfond Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Magness Arena
          Ingallas Arena
          Hart Center
          Prudential Center
          TD Bank Sports Center
          John A Ryan
          Lynah Rink
          Appleton Arena
          Cheel Arena
          Germain Arena
          XL Center
          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I just booked my trip to visit Denver in October. I am a Merrimack fan and am excited to being making the trip out west to see the Warriors play the Pioneers. I was just wondering, what section is the away fan section. I looked on the athletic department's website and could not find the answer. Merrimack's ticket people are morons and after I almost didn't get my tickets for a game against U Mass Lowell (10 minutes away) I figured not to trust them if I am flying to a game. I hope you guys lose only two games this, both to the Warriors.
            I believe that the other school's seats are typically in section 7.

Comment

DU is getting a new mascot and rumor has it he will be scalping primo tickets outside.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                DU is getting a new mascot and rumor has it he will be scalping primo tickets outside.
                LMAO, priceless!
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                  Haha that's good stuff.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Peter Mannino just signed with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Congrats to Pete!!

http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/...tender-mannino

Also Geoff Paukovich just re-signed with the Las Vegas Wranglers. Congrats to Geoff!!

http://lasvegaswranglers.com/news/pa...nglers-season/
                    Last edited by du78; 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

MCGrad, you're going to love Colorado. Bring your money, your sunscreen and your stash box full of bongs! I don't know how many other DU fans will admit that they concur, but I for one am getting pretty flippin excited going into this year. Even with Gwoz gone and the mascot debacle. Think of it: New Referees (or; probably at least ones who are trying very hard to distance themselves from the WCHA and all things Shepherd). New coach; we here don't know what to expect from Cat Daddy J right now - whereas for umpteen years, we kind of knew what the Gwoz "system" was all about. I'm not getting into a "Gwoz vs. Jim and Peg is horribly wrong" argument here....I'm just saying, it's been a while since we've been in this situation with new team leadership - you have to agree on that. And as always, there's the frosh new players coming in, and new teams on the schedule. It all creates some interest and renewed excitement in my eyes. Merrimack is going to leave here being renamed MerriSMACKED. Two visitor losses .... commmming up!!!! I look for the Cow in net for at least one of these games. Maybe the Pig will have a spot by then. Watch the hell out for Doremus and little Q.... but we got the Butcher; the double V (VanVoorhis)..... and Legs - just to name a few. Moral of this post - whoever you're rooting for, lets all get ready for NCHC Hockey; and lets get ready to rumble! GO DU!
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        Peter Mannino just signed with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Congrats to Pete!!

http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/...tender-mannino

Also Geoff Paukovich just re-signed with the Las Vegas Wranglers. Congrats to Geoff!!

http://lasvegaswranglers.com/news/pa...nglers-season/
                        Updating the Alumni list for the new season every time I see a signing.

Know of any other DU alums who are coaching?
                        Kevin Dineen--Head Coach FloridaPanthers--NHL
                        Mike Corbett Head Coach UAH
                        Gavin Morgan Asst. Coach UAH
                        Bryan Vines Asst. Coach RPI
                        David Carle Asst. Coach Green Bay USHL

Alumnae:
                        Mannino's wife, nee Alyta Baris, and Wiercioch's wife, nee Kreeson Vreeman, are both DU Volleyball alumnae and played together 1 year.
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 07-25-2013, 12:22 AM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                          Hi Everyone,

McGrad: you will have a great time, win or lose. More fans will be on here later on who can suggest food, bars and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                            MCGrad, you're going to love Colorado. Bring your money, your sunscreen and your stash box full of bongs! I don't know how many other DU fans will admit that they concur, but I for one am getting pretty flippin excited going into this year. Even with Gwoz gone and the mascot debacle. Think of it: New Referees (or; probably at least ones who are trying very hard to distance themselves from the WCHA and all things Shepherd). New coach; we here don't know what to expect from Cat Daddy J right now - whereas for umpteen years, we kind of knew what the Gwoz "system" was all about. I'm not getting into a "Gwoz vs. Jim and Peg is horribly wrong" argument here....I'm just saying, it's been a while since we've been in this situation with new team leadership - you have to agree on that. And as always, there's the frosh new players coming in, and new teams on the schedule. It all creates some interest and renewed excitement in my eyes. Merrimack is going to leave here being renamed MerriSMACKED. Two visitor losses .... commmming up!!!! I look for the Cow in net for at least one of these games. Maybe the Pig will have a spot by then. Watch the hell out for Doremus and little Q.... but we got the Butcher; the double V (VanVoorhis)..... and Legs - just to name a few. Moral of this post - whoever you're rooting for, lets all get ready for NCHC Hockey; and lets get ready to rumble! GO DU!
                            Ammendement 64 is OK by me....

But, anyhow, from my sources, which are strong within the league, the Shepherds will be present. My sources indicate that 12 of the, current, 16 refs are former WCHA refs.

Comment

Unconfirmed, but rumors circulating that Michael Szmatula will stay at Northeastern after all.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Unconfirmed, but rumors circulating that Michael Szmatula will stay at Northeastern after all.
                                It is confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X