X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    He's not going to NU.
    What do you think he plans to do if he doesn't go to NU and NU doesn't release him to go to Denver (as an eligible player)?

Comment

Knowing nothing about his skills on the ice, my preference would be that he NOT play for DU.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Northeastern posters are assuming he is not coming there. Earlier NU thread indicated he could file an appeal with the NCAA.
        According to my sources. the appeal was denied. It would appear that he now has three hockey-related options: 1) Honor his NLOI; 2) Play at Denver (or elsewhere) after sitting out a year; 3) Turn pro
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

CBS College Sports TV schedule is out for the NCHC, DU will appear twice: 1/22/14 UND at DU and 2/21/14 CC at DU.

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=779051
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            According to my sources. the appeal was denied. It would appear that he now has three hockey-related options: 1) Honor his NLOI; 2) Play at Denver (or elsewhere) after sitting out a year; 3) Turn pro
            You're sources are right. His appeal within the Northeastern admin was denied. His next option is appealing through the NCAA which will take a while. He will NOT honor his NLOI. He will go to Denver or WMU to play and will have to sit out this season unless he wis his appeal with NCAA.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Add another forward for next season: Emil Romig originally from Austria

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=79523
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                Add another forward for next season: Emil Romig originally from Austria

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=79523
                High compete, gritty, speed, team first--sounds like Coach Monty's type of guy.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

NHL Central Scouting's Future's List for the 2014 NHL Draft includes DU recruit(2014) Jared Fiegel of Parker.
                  (From SBNation)
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

80 days until DU's next game.

10/6/13 exhibition game
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      80 days until DU's next game.

10/6/13 exhibition game
                      Good thing. That's means we're getting near daily highs under 100. Time to stop having Arrid pads as appetizers.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Good thing. That's means we're getting near daily highs under 100. Time to stop having Arrid pads as appetizers.
                        Ugh I don't think I could hack living in central or southern Arizona.

Comment

Hey: I see you graduated in 69. You are old. I graduated in 72. I went to the championship game at the Broadmoor. I heard the semi game on the radio and will never forget these words as we are pummeling Harvard: Who does Harvard think they are playing, RPI. If we have to go 35 years between NCAA Championships, we will be watching the next one from a nursing home if lucky.
                          Last edited by thedunker; 07-19-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I am a college lacrosse fan first, college hockey fan second, but love both.

In the lacrosse world right now, there is a lot of discussion (mostly negative) about young players verbally committing to top colleges. At the moment, a handful of 2016's (rising sophs) are committing. The top recruiting camp (Jake Reed Blue Chip) just had their 2017 showcase the past couple days. Every college coach was in attendance. The U15 National Championship in Orlando will be held the final weekend in July and the top college coaches will be there. It's only a matter of time before 8th graders are committing early. Lacrosse fans are making a big deal of this and I kind of want to say - well, every college hockey coach attends the Select 15 Festival, right? Many kids hit their stride late, I get that, but most of the top Select 15 players, are the guys who you want in 4 years anyway, right?

I don't follow the hockey recruiting scene outside of DU and what you guys let us know about various commits, but I do follow NE prep hockey and know that a Nobles player committed as an 8th grader a few years ago. I am less familiar with the AAA Midget / young players in Junior and their commitment timelines, but am interested in understanding it.

Now, I don't intend this to be a conversation about whether it's right or wrong, or about how these young kids end up going to junior, the USNDT program, then college, or even bail for major junior after committing early- I am most interested in hearing what the current timeline is for the top 8th and 9th graders in hockey. Are college hockey coaches commiting 8th graders at a strong rate right now or is the 8th grader from Nobles a unique case?

On another note that I find interesting- the college coaches in lacrosse are beginning to follow hockey (way behind) but commiting kids for either "2016 or 2017" and telling them to PG in the NE prep ranks or come early if their talents are needed in the true senior year. Lacrosse doesn't have the USHL or NAHL option, but NE prep years are about as good as it gets (IE Matt Jones - committed to DU from Kent-Denver, but will now take a PG year in New England). Once an amateur indoor league pops up across the country, college coaches will surely have options for recruits to go to preps or "juniors" for a year before coming to their respective campus (years away from this, but I would guess it's coming).

I know lacrosse is behind, but is it simply following the pattern of college hockey?
                            Last edited by Duhockeyfan99; 07-19-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                              Hey: I see you graduated in 69. You are old. I graduated in 72. I went to the championship game at the Broadmoor. I heard the semi game on the radio and will never forget these words as we are pummeling Harvard: Who does Harvard think they are playing, RPI. If we have to go 35 years between NCAA Championships, we will be watching the next one from a nursing home if lucky.
                              I, too, was around in the Magnuson, Morrison and Murray Armstrong years. (but I was a child prodigy)
                              As they say like fine wine getting better with age, or in Old Pio's case Crown Royal--wait during the season his vat of crown doesn't have a chance to age
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                                My friend Frank Daly's only start.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X