Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
    Ryan Collins scored two goals and an assist tonight in the Jr. Sens win. He has 16 points (7 goals, 9 assists) in his first 9 games this season... Wow.
    That's a pretty impressive start. I wonder if the Hawks are looking at his team mate Hunter Racine ('96) who's off to a similar start.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      That's a pretty impressive start. I wonder if the Hawks are looking at his team mate Hunter Racine ('96) who's off to a similar start.
      Of the leading scorers in the league, he's pretty much the only '93. So yes, he's doing well, but he's older than a lot of the players in the league.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Another great game so far Leclerc. Has a goal and two assists almost through 2 periods.
        Justin Soderberg
        President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
        Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
        Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

LeClerc named second Star of the Week (Central) for his play last week in the NAHL Showcase.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Western College Hockey blog puts Lowell's incoming class at 5th in HE. Have to say, that surprised me a bit, didn't expect it to be this high.
            Monty

Comment

My reasoning. It's small, but I think each player will fit into Norm Bazin's style. A team like UNH had one real good stud in Kelleher, Notre Dame had two good players, but not as sold on the rest. Too many of the rankings are based solely on which American-born players were ready to go to select-16 festivals when they were younger. Lot of late bloomers, good Canadians, etc. I'd rather have a recruiting class with Chris Barton's, Karl Stollery's, Chad Ruhwedel's, etc (I know I'm combining schools) than one with young 18 year old blue chippers who don't pan out.

And also, in all honesty, big drop off are top three classes.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                My reasoning. It's small, but I think each player will fit into Norm Bazin's style. A team like UNH had one real good stud in Kelleher, Notre Dame had two good players, but not as sold on the rest. Too many of the rankings are based solely on which American-born players were ready to go to select-16 festivals when they were younger. Lot of late bloomers, good Canadians, etc. I'd rather have a recruiting class with Chris Barton's, Karl Stollery's, Chad Ruhwedel's, etc (I know I'm combining schools) than one with young 18 year old blue chippers who don't pan out.

And also, in all honesty, big drop off are top three classes.
                Trust me, not complaining. Just hadn't expected that high a number. I know those of us that follow Lowell recruiting are pretty excited about some of the future players that are coming in, but I had expected this class to be mostly fillers, and while there are a couple of good players, I have no idea what to expect of them. So your ranking helps raise the excitement even more.
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Trust me, not complaining. Just hadn't expected that high a number. I know those of us that follow Lowell recruiting are pretty excited about some of the future players that are coming in, but I had expected this class to be mostly fillers, and while there are a couple of good players, I have no idea what to expect of them. So your ranking helps raise the excitement even more.
                  I don't know, I'm very comfortable w Blaise's recruits
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    I don't know, I'm very comfortable w Blaise's recruits
                    That's all well and good, but he's not recruiting for us anymore.
                    Monty

Comment

Evan Anderson (BCHL) is out for 2-3 months with a broken leg. Likely to come back around Christmas time.
                      Justin Soderberg
                      President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                      Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                      Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
                        Evan Anderson (BCHL) is out for 2-3 months with a broken leg. Likely to come back around Christmas time.
                        Ouch.

Comment

Ryan Collins named CCHL Player of the Month.
                          CCHL ‏@CCHLTier1 8h
                          Corp Hype @CCHLTier1 Player of Month for Sept @OttawaJrSens co-captain & UMass-Lowell commit @Ryan_Collins22 top scorer of top team in CCHL
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Western College Hockey blog puts Lowell's incoming class at 5th in HE. Have to say, that surprised me a bit, didn't expect it to be this high.
                            From what I could determine of the HE classes, there's a bit of a log-jam of solid recruiting classes past Northeastern. In my opinion, it's really splitting hairs to differentiate. Even Notre Dame's class doesn't really set itself apart. Could see the argument of Lowell anywhere from 4-8~

Comment

Originally posted by jkozak View Post
                              From what I could determine of the HE classes, there's a bit of a log-jam of solid recruiting classes past Northeastern. In my opinion, it's really splitting hairs to differentiate. Even Notre Dame's class doesn't really set itself apart. Could see the argument of Lowell anywhere from 4-8~
                              Fair point. Looking forward to seeing these kids play.
                              Monty

Comment

Master has worked his way into Cedar Rapids top line and has put up 3 pts in 2 games thus far. He is playing the wing alongside Andrew Poturalski (UNH) and Judd Peterson ( St. Cloud State)

Comment

Working...
                                X