UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

It looks like Vermont is becoming a home for former BU recruits. Alexx and Jarrid Privitera are currently playing for the Catamounts. According to the UVM thread former PC & BU recruit Ori Abramson will join the team for the second semester and USHR is reporting Liam Coughlin, ex-UMass & BU recruit, has committed to UVM for the fall '15.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      It looks like Vermont is becoming a home for former BU recruits. Alexx and Jarrid Privitera are currently playing for the Catamounts. According to the UVM thread former PC & BU recruit Ori Abramson will join the team for the second semester and USHR is reporting Liam Coughlin, ex-UMass & BU recruit, has committed to UVM for the fall '15.
      I guess that means UVM is high on the ethics scale and following the gentleman's agreement

Comment

They also picked up a 2017 recruit this weekend.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          They also picked up a 2017 recruit this weekend.
          A lot of activity lately for several HE teams.

http://overtheboards.net/hockey-east...add-prospects/
          Last edited by boblav1; 10-21-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I guess that means UVM is high on the ethics scale and following the gentleman's agreement
            In fairness to UVM I believe all these player's either left the BU program or decommitted. Wow this is the third commitment for Abramson and Coughlin.

Comment

In fairness to UVM I believe all these player's either left the BU program or decommitted. Wow this is the third commitment for Abramson and Coughlin.
              May not be fair, but makes one question their character. I can see decommitting from one school, but 2?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                May not be fair, but makes one question their character. I can see decommitting from one school, but 2?
                Or one might question the programs they left as was stated earlier. You never know what they expected vs what the reality was. The number of people backing out from BU says more about BU than the players. At the end of the day this is a business disguised as academics. That said if they get thrown out of school or suspended later on you would be right about their character.

Comment

UMass Lowell 2014-15 Recruit Update: October 21
                  Justin Soderberg
                  President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                  Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                  Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

For those that don't pay attention to future recruiting, feel free to ignore.

Those that do ... this week, PC, UVM, Maine, UNH, NU all picked up commits this week.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For those that don't pay attention to future recruiting, feel free to ignore.

Those that do ... this week, PC, UVM, Maine, UNH, NU all picked up commits this week.
                      So what you're saying is that it's like boxing, and all these other schools are tiring themselves out early and Lowell will fly in at the end and land that knockout punch, right?

Comment

Monte Graham picked BC for 2017. So not only does he not know how to spell his name, he chose the wrong school too!
                        Monty

Comment

I am hearing rumblings that a '97 goaltender is choosing between RIT, Merrimack and UMass Lowell. Will update when I get more information.
                          Justin Soderberg
                          President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                          Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                          Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                            Anyone know if Lowell was actively recruiting him or are we assuming that they were because they are brothers?
                            According to this interview Lowell was recruiting Jason O'Neill.
                            http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...on-oneill.html

UMASS-Lowell was another school that I had talked to quite a bit and had a lot of interest in. My older brother Colin, who plays for the Aberdeen Wings in the NAHL is committed to Lowell. Lowell has had some great success the last few years and it would have been fun to play there with my brother, but I just felt that UNH was a better fit for me personally. So, I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to play against Lowell and my brother in the future!

Comment

Yes, there's a monetary payment to be made. Or there used to be anyway.

Regarding the younger commits, I did find this funny ...

BC got a commitment from a 14-year-old today.
                              And a 15 year old yesterday. Sure does come across as hypocritical, but it's the level they recruit at.
                              Monty

Comment

And a 15 year old yesterday. Sure does come across as hypocritical, but it's the level they recruit at.
                                Time for River Hawk lunch box night... troll the elementary schools.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X