Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Defenseman Niklas Folin (Omaha USHL) commits to UML.

http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...seasonid=12983
    I think we had been speculating about this for a while, way back when. Welcome to Lowell, Niklas!
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Great stuff!!

Comment

Just realized he will be 22 before he finishes his freshman year. Yikes.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Just realized he will be 22 before he finishes his freshman year. Yikes.
          So was his brother.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            So was his brother.
            Good point.
            Monty

Comment

So was his brother.
              It's not fair, but let's see if the younger Folin can shoot pucks through nets. For us fans, it should be all about sibling rivalry.

Homer: Hey! Apu just called. This Friday, Lisa's team is playing Bart's team. You're in direct competition. And don't go easy on each other just because you're brother and sister. I want to see you both fighting for your parents' love! (Flicks light on and off.) Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                It's not fair, but let's see if the younger Folin can shoot pucks through nets. For us fans, it should be all about sibling rivalry.
                As long as he shoots the puck on net, I think most of us will be happy.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Final rosters for the USHL are in: Tyler Sifferlen made Chicago's final roster, Guilleaume LeClerc and Ryan Lohin make the Madison Capitals, Nick Master made Tri-City, and of course Folin is on Omaha's roster.

Des Moines hasn't updated their page, but I'm assuming Ryan Dmowski will make their roster. That would leave 6 UML recruits in the USHL this season.
                  Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    As long as he shoots the puck on net, I think most of us will be happy.
                    I won't be satisfied unless the net splits the puck!
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Final rosters for the USHL are in: Tyler Sifferlen made Chicago's final roster, Guilleaume LeClerc and Ryan Lohin make the Madison Capitals, Nick Master made Tri-City, and of course Folin is on Omaha's roster.

Des Moines hasn't updated their page, but I'm assuming Ryan Dmowski will make their roster. That would leave 6 UML recruits in the USHL this season.
                      Ryan Dmowski made the Des Moines 23-Player roster.

http://www.bucshockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=602058

Comment

Sifferlen scored a goal in Chicago's 8-2 win over Green Bay tonight.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Sifferlen scored a goal in Chicago's 8-2 win over Green Bay tonight.
                          - Ryan Lohin and Guilaume Leclerc each had a goal in Madison's 4-3 loss to Muskegon.
                          - Ryan Dmowski had a PP goal in Des Moines 4-0 win over Fargo.

- In the NAHL, Colin ONeill had a goal and an assist in Aberdeen's 4-1 win.

Comment

Niklas Folin had a pair of assists for Omaha in their 4-3 OT win over Sioux City on Friday.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I found it interesting to see that MC lists what other schools recruited their players. It doesn't say if a scholarship was offered or not, just recruited them.

Out of their freshmen, Lowell only recruited G Collin Delia.
                              Monty

Comment

UMass Lowell 2014-15 Recruit Update: September 30
                                Justin Soderberg
                                President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                                Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                                Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Working...
                                X