X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    A nice day for BU.
    The more I see, not knowing the other sports beyond basketball and football a little... but i continue to be amazed by how far program reputation goes a long way. You'd think there would be more impact losing a legendary coach but we saw how maine carried along.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      The more I see, not knowing the other sports beyond basketball and football a little... but i continue to be amazed by how far program reputation goes a long way. You'd think there would be more impact losing a legendary coach but we saw how maine carried along.
      Which is why I was laughing when people last season were talking about us competing with BU for recruits. Not gonna happen.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Which is why I was laughing when people last season were talking about us competing with BU for recruits. Not gonna happen.
        no kidding... in a football/basketball world our recruiting would have seriously picked up by now.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Tri-City Storm ‏@TriCityStorm · 3m
          Tonight's game vs. Lincoln will have a free live video broadcast, available at http://StormHockey.com !

For any of you UML fans that want a chance to see Nick Master

Comment

Thanks Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
              Tri-City Storm ‏@TriCityStorm · 3m
              Tonight's game vs. Lincoln will have a free live video broadcast, available at http://StormHockey.com !

For any of you UML fans that want a chance to see Nick Master
              Nick had two assists in a 4-3 win.
              http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2484133

Comment

A nice pick up for NU. I wonder if Lowell made an offer?

NU lands a big time recruit in '97 D Ryan Shea, from BC High. Had known offers from Boston College, Merrimack, and UConn

From OTB: Huskies land a premier puck-moving d-man who should become a key contributor before long. New NU recruit Ryan Shea was our 3rd-ranked uncommitted prospect. A hard and accurate passer, strong skater, dangerous with the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

NU lands a big time recruit in '97 D Ryan Shea, from BC High. Had known offers from Boston College, Merrimack, and UConn

From OTB: Huskies land a premier puck-moving d-man who should become a key contributor before long. New NU recruit Ryan Shea was our 3rd-ranked uncommitted prospect. A hard and accurate passer, strong skater, dangerous with the puck.
                  Why would you think a ridiculous thing like that? I've discovered that the Lowell rule of thumb is: if you've heard of the kid and there's any other HE team linked to him, he's not coming to Lowell.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Ah, I was missing my daily dose of cynicism. I feel much better now

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Northeastern has some serious talent coming in. If Madigan is any good at coaching, they're going to be a team to reckon with.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Why would you think a ridiculous thing like that? I've discovered that the Lowell rule of thumb is: if you've heard of the kid and there's any other HE team linked to him, he's not coming to Lowell.
                        Counter point: It worked with Conner
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                          Counter point: It worked with Conner
                          Yes, but to think any team can pull Hellebyucks or Folins consistently is silly.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Ah, I was missing my daily dose of cynicism. I feel much better now
                            If the lack of post 2014 recruiting doesn't worry you I don't know what else to say. It's an issue.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              If the lack of post 2014 recruiting doesn't worry you I don't know what else to say. It's an issue.
                              Yes, it's an issue, but given this coaching staff's track record since they took over, I'm not going to start acting like the sky is falling just yet.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted, but Norm talking about recruits and recruiting. Not much out of it, he didn't go into specifics, but still a decent watch.

http://youtu.be/odfJ964fNNs

Comment

Working...
                                X