Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    No he was for '14 and the new staff didn't want him.
    Ah thanks. I was thinking he was for next year. Apparently he hadn't signed a NLI then.

Not sure the space we have, but I'd love to have him come to Lowell and do as well as Derek Arnold did.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Ah thanks. I was thinking he was for next year. Apparently he hadn't signed a NLI then.

Not sure the space we have, but I'd love to have him come to Lowell and do as well as Derek Arnold did.
      He's a bull that is strong and scores a lot of his goals in dirty area. He fights in corners, but I believe (can't speak for them) that Maine staff had serious questions re: his ability to translate that to next level and his speed.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Not sure what choice he will make now...
        Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSBNation
        Chicago Steel take UMass Lowell commit and Malden Catholic alum Tyler Sifferlen in 7th rd of #USHLDraft. Committed to playing in BCHL.
        Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
        Sounds like former Cedar Rapids draft pick Tyler Sifferlen has made the 30 man roster for the Chicago Steel. UMass-Lowell commit.

Comment

According to ESPN-Boston recruit Tyler Sifferlen will play next season for the Chicago Steel of the USHL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...headed-to-ushl

Comment

Lowell and UMass have the fewest commitments for 2015 and beyond, at 7 each. No Hockey East school has fewer 2016 (and beyond) commitments than Lowell. MC has 5 for 2016.

I really had hoped to see recruiting pick up after three straight NCAA appearances.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell and UMass have the fewest commitments for 2015 and beyond, at 7 each. No Hockey East school has fewer 2016 (and beyond) commitments than Lowell. MC has 5 for 2016.

I really had hoped to see recruiting pick up after three straight NCAA appearances.
              This is bothering me. You'd think the quality would go up. I mean, do we have to win a national title to go up a notch, I don't remember Dick Umile winning one.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

5 of the 7 2015 (or 2016) UML commits have been listed on USHL team's protected rosters. The only two not included are Evan Anderson (BCHL) and Colin O'Neill (NAHL).
                Monty

Comment

5 of the 7 2015 (or 2016) UML commits have been listed on USHL team's protected rosters. The only two not included are Evan Anderson (BCHL) and Colin O'Neill (NAHL).
                  nice of them to trim the roster down to 43

Comment

The chances of the fourth straight NCAA appearance are very slim with the players lost.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
                      The chances of the fourth straight NCAA appearance are very slim with the players lost.
                      Probably but you can always be optimistic given after the 5 win season, who would've thought they would've done what they did the next season. Only time will tell but I'm prepared for pretty much .500 this year. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                        Probably but you can always be optimistic given after the 5 win season, who would've thought they would've done what they did the next season. Only time will tell but I'm prepared for pretty much .500 this year. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
                        Seriously, all I want from this year is solid play and team growth.

Funny how one quickly sees a non-NCAA year as a throw away year, but that being said, very few aren't expecting a worse season.

As long as the team plays smart I'll accept just about anything.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

USA Hockey Select 16 Festival Player Rankings by Jeff Cox. I wonder if there are any future River Hawks on the list?

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nkings-top-98s

Comment

While Lowell recruiting continues to do ... nothing...

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 1m
                            99 F Riley Prattson (Springfield Cathedral) commits to Providence. Skilled, sharp fwd. Very effective up front in NY. Nice look by Friars.
                            Monty

Comment

99 F Riley Prattson (Springfield Cathedral) commits to Providence. Skilled, sharp fwd. Very effective up front in NY. Nice look by Friars.
                              BC too.....

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
                              98 F Zach Walker (Thunderbirds/to @USANTDP) commits to BC. 6'1 forward, high-end speed, great tools. Our #7 remaining uncommitted prospect.

Comment

Who makes a move first? Lowell or The Revs?
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X