UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

You would think BC would have enough confidence in their 'wonderfulness' not to have to poach off of other teams. Can't say any of the ones who are not going to continue the gentelemens' agreement surprise me.

Comment

At this point, all I can think is that they have faith in Dalton Carter and maybe one of the forwards that's coming in, they're planning on switching to D?

That's the only thing I can think of with having only 7 d-men (including Carter) on the roster.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        According to the tweet below defensemen Adam Plant and Brandon Fortunato are no longer heading to Harvard.

Both are on the small side.
        Adam Plant ('95) - West Kelowna (BCHL)

Brandon Fortunato ('96) - USNDPT - U18
        Plant is heading to Denver.

Over The Boards@OTBPuckWatch
        95 D Adam Plant (West Kelowna) commits to Denver. 5'9 D had decommitted from Harvard, netted 34 pts in 54 @BCHLLive games in 13-14.
        Fortunato is heading to BU.

‏@OTBPuckWatch
        96 D Brandon Fortunato commits to BU, mobile, 5'9 passing defenseman led @USANTDP blue line scorers with 3-36-39 in 61 GP. H/T @THFBlog

Comment

USHL Player and Defender of the Year, Brandon Montour, will be at UMass this fall. He's expected to be picked in the draft as well.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            USHL Player and Defender of the Year, Brandon Montour, will be at UMass this fall. He's expected to be picked in the draft as well.
            Looks like a nice player for UMA.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              At this point, all I can think is that they have faith in Dalton Carter and maybe one of the forwards that's coming in, they're planning on switching to D?

That's the only thing I can think of with having only 7 d-men (including Carter) on the roster.
              If that ends up being the end-game this is going to be a looooooooooooong season. I have to believe they're going to bring someone else in. One injury on the blue line and that's the ball game.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

With the players that are gone this will probably be a long season.

Comment

I sense concern from the western michigan fans... Not sure why, but concern it is
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Fortunato is heading to BU.
                    A couple of tweets from Mike McMahon regarding Fortunato.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 4h
                    Harvard de-commit Brandon Fortunato has committed to BU. Several HE teams were talking to him. He'll arrive this fall.
                    Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 4h
                    After speaking to several different schools, was told Fortunato was down to BU and Union as his final two.

Comment

No concern Patman..just have friends on UML.

Comment

Are we ever going to figure out who signed a NLI? Or do we have to wait for the final roster to come out?
                        Monty

Comment

lets hope for a good season a good group on the way hope

Comment

any more d on the way may be 2 would be ok

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Are we ever going to figure out who signed a NLI? Or do we have to wait for the final roster to come out?
                              At this point i would have to think this is a Dana Skinner thing. You'd think that the program would take the opportunity to promote itself. Maybe they worry a player might not make it to campus or some other issue?
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                At this point i would have to think this is a Dana Skinner thing. You'd think that the program would take the opportunity to promote itself. Maybe they worry a player might not make it to campus or some other issue?
                                d men that are out i think gradwell;debrincat;paolo;

Comment

Working...
                                X