Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I think they agreed to let it go because they haven't been abiding by it anyway. [cynical thoughts].
    I think you're right, sadly.

I spoke with Mike McMahon on Twitter last night about this. He thinks that it could actually help. He mentioned that Lowell can now go after one of the 30 (or whatever) recruits UNH has, and say ... "Look, we can make you a focal point at Lowell." He does believe there are some programs that are "hoarding" recruits. Not sure why he mentioned UNH. Who really does have a full roster of future commits already.

I suppose there's that side of that.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Recruit Dylan Hollman scored a goal today as Spruce Grove (AJHL) defeated Coquitlam (BCHL) 5-3. He also had the game winner (SHG) in Thursday's win.

Spruce Grove plays again tomorrow and can earn a RBC Cup berth with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Spruce Grove plays again tomorrow and can earn a RBC Cup berth with a win.
        Spruce Grove's season ended today as they lost to Dauphin (MJHL) 4-3. Dauphin rallied with three third period goals for the win. Recruit Dylan Hollman had an assist in the loss and finshed with 4 points (2-2-4) in 6 Western Canada Cup games.

Austin defeated Topeka in OT to advance to Robertson Cup Finals. Jake Kamrass had two assists in the loss and finished the playoffs with 12 points (4-8-12) in 10 games played. Guillaume Leclerc did not play for Austin.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11575
        Last edited by boblav1; 05-05-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Not sure what choice he will make now...
          Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSBNation 48m
          Chicago Steel take UMass Lowell commit and Malden Catholic alum Tyler Sifferlen in 7th rd of #USHLDraft. Committed to playing in BCHL.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I can't help but think this will hurt programs like Lowell. Kids like Lohin or Dmowski that Lowell found early, now the "big programs" can go after them. Who cares about the small college hockey programs after all?
            UW men's hockey coach Mike Eaves taking new approach to recruiting.

Eaves said he and his staff will keep a list of certain recruits they coveted, but lost. The coaches will place a call to those players once a year until a National Letter of Intent is signed to see if there is any wavering.

Comment

Recruits Guillaume Leclerc (1st team) and Mike Louria (2nd team) were named to the All-NAHL Rookie Team.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11583

Austin and Fairbanks will play for the NAHL championship (Robertson Cup) this weekend. Leclerc will not play due to a family emergency. Some nice comments about Guillaume from one of his teammates.

Fellow Bruins rookie Brian Bachnak, who has stepped up in Leclerc’s absence, speaks to Leclerc on a daily basis and said the team has rallied around winning the Cup for Leclerc.

“[Losing Leclerc] took a lot of life out of us, but we said family first and we’re going to keep playing,” Bachnak said. “Not only is [Leclerc] one of the top scorers on the team, but in the locker room and off the ice he brings so much energy. He’s always happy and he’s always having fun. He goes out to practice about thirty minutes early every day working hard and he makes you want to work harder and play harder.”
              http://www.austindailyherald.com/201...on-cup-finals/

Comment

Nick Master tweeted he was healthy for the first time in 3 months. Ready to get back at it. Good news for CR.

Comment

According to the tweet below defensemen Adam Plant and Brandon Fortunato are no longer heading to Harvard.

Both are on the small side.
                  Adam Plant ('95) - West Kelowna (BCHL)

Brandon Fortunato ('96) - USNDPT - U18
                  Plant is heading to Denver.

Over The Boards@OTBPuckWatch
                  95 D Adam Plant (West Kelowna) commits to Denver. 5'9 D had decommitted from Harvard, netted 34 pts in 54 @BCHLLive games in 13-14.

Comment

Right now I'm really digging this "carry six defensemen into the season" strategy.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

As I was talking to monty about earler.... the riverhawks really need fortunato and its weird that im not hearing anything from it.... also I have no idea why they are not looking at macleod, who is from dracut, but is committed to BU
                      BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                        ... also I have no idea why they are not looking at macleod, who is from dracut, but is committed to BU
                        You really think Bazin wants to get into a recruit raiding war with Quinn and O'Connell? Be careful what you wish for. Someone might think Tyler Sifferlin would look awfully good in a Terriers' uniform.
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Im just saying, with the stigma that has recently surrounded BU, the loss of parker, and the suspensions and allegations, your telling me that there havent been ppl talking to macleod or eichel (debatable if he even steps on the ice) to pry them away from bu.
                          BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            You really think Bazin wants to get into a recruit raiding war with Quinn and O'Connell? Be careful what you wish for.
                            Agree, I hope Lowell doesn't start going after committed players. It's interesting to see several programs come out and say they will continue to honor verbal commitments even though some of the bigger programs (Minnesota, BC, Wisconsin) will no longer. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Ty Eigner@TyEigner · May 9
                            @collegehockey @chnews @USCHO Bowling Green will also continue to honor Gentlemen's Agreement.
                            Notre Dame Hockey@NDHockey · May 9
                            Agree with @CoachBlasi @ndhockey will also continue to honor verbal commitments #honoringyourwordmatters
                            Bill Riga@BillRiga · May 9 Quinnipiac will continue to honor verbal commitments as well.
                            Rico Blasi@CoachBlasi · May 9
                            A lot of talk about @collegehockey recruiting right now. @MiamiOH_Hockey will continue to honor verbal commitments
                            Greg Carvel@SkatingSaints · May 9
                            @chnews We all talk about the importance of character and integrity in our programs @SkatingSaints will continue to honor verbal commitments

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                              As I was talking to monty about earler.... the riverhawks really need fortunato and its weird that im not hearing anything from it.... also I have no idea why they are not looking at macleod, who is from dracut, but is committed to BU
                              MacLeod has signed a NLI with BU.
                              http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...050114aaa.html

Comment

Agree, I hope Lowell doesn't start going after committed players. It's interesting to see several programs come out and say they will continue to honor verbal commitments even though some of the bigger programs (Minnesota, BC, Wisconsin) will no longer. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
                                Kinda like the geneva conventions, we'll go along so long as you do.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X