UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Recruit Ryan Lohin signs a tender with the new USHL franchise in Madison.

Ryan Lohin‏@TheRealLohin
    Proud to announce that I have signed a tender with the Madison Capitols for next season in the USHL #GoCaps

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Recruit Ryan Lohin signs a tender with the new USHL franchise in Madison.
      Nice. So as of now, we will have Lohin, Dmowski, Panico and Master (at least) in the USHL next year.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Nice. So as of now, we will have Lohin, Dmowski, Panico and Master (at least) in the USHL next year.
        I wonder if Tyler Sifferlen will play at that level too?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          I wonder if Tyler Sifferlen will play at that level too?
          Last article with him shows he's looking at multiple options, so ... not sure yet.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Last article with him shows he's looking at multiple options, so ... not sure yet.
            My bet is Sifferlen plays in USPHL. He's a great kid who seems like he'd be comfortable playing close to home, but I have zero inside info.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              My bet is Sifferlen plays in USPHL. He's a great kid who seems like he'd be comfortable playing close to home, but I have zero inside info.
              Thanks Jeff.

I'd be curious to know how much of a drop you think that "new" league is in comparison to the USHL?
              Monty

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

I'd be curious to know how much of a drop you think that "new" league is in comparison to the USHL?
                Well. I was totally wrong. He will play in BCHL next season.

Comment

I just saw that too.
                  Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20 ·5m
                  Former Cedar Rapids Roughrider draft pick and UMASS-Lowell commit Tyler Sifferlen @Stiffy_11 will play in the BCHL next year.

Comment

It looks like recruit Guillaume Leclerc may end up in Madison too.

Chris Dilks ‏@ChrisDilks ·15 hrs
                    Lohin is a UMass Lowell commit. He joins fellow UML commit Guillaume Leclerc and DU commit Sebastian Fuchs on MadCaps tenders.

Comment

Ha, was just going to post that.

So LeClerc going to the USHL next year means he's probably not coming in this year.

Found this interesting on Lohin:
                      Chris Dilks ‏@ChrisDilks 15h
                      The last player from Team Comcast to sign a USHL expansion tender? Johnny Gaudreau. Not bad company.
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 04-15-2014, 09:39 AM.
                      Monty

Comment

He'll play for the West Kelowna Warriors.
                        Tyler Sifferlen ‏@Stiffy_11
                        Proud to say that I will be playing my junior hockey In the BCHL for the West Kelowna Warriors @BCHLWarriors

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          He'll play for the West Kelowna Warriors.
                          West Kelowna's top assistant is former Merrimack forward Brent Gough, one of the Warriors' better players during the lean years (end of Serino, beginning of Dennehy).

Comment

Recruit Dylan Hollman and the Spruce Grove Saints won the AJHL championship (Gas Drive Cup) last night by defeating Drumheller 2-1 in OT. Dylan had an assist in the game and has 13 points (5-8-13) in 18 playoff games.

Next up for Spruce Grove is the Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup tournament.

Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup

The 2014 Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup will be held in Dauphin, MB from April 26 - May 4, 2014. The champions of the British Columbia Hockey League, Alberta Junior Hockey League, Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, and Manitoba Junior Hockey League will compete in a five-team tournament with the host Dauphin Kings for the 2014 Western Canada Cup. The Western Canada Cup Champion and the runner-up will both represent western Canada at the RBC Cup National Junior A Championship in Vernon, BC from May 10 – 18, 2014.
                            http://www.ajhl.ca/media-centre/news...ml?newsID=4931

Comment

It's National Signing Week. For all the good things Lowell's athletic department does, they're terrible at releasing who has signed NLIs for hockey.

Just looking at Chris' site, he's expecting the following commits coming in this fall:
                              Forwards:
                              Jake Kamrass, Topeka (NAHL)
                              Dylan Hollman, Spruce Grove (AJHL)
                              Mike Louria, Minot (NAHL)
                              John Edwardh, Okotoks (AJHL)
                              CJ Smith, Chicago (USHL)
                              Ryan Collins, Ottawa (OPJHL)

Defensemen
                              Chris Forney, Langley (BCHL)
                              Tyler Mueller, Sioux City (USHL)

Goal
                              Jeff Smith, Powell River (BCHL)
                              Monty

Comment

Gage Hough '93 from Omaha Lancers has committed to Lowell for next season.

Good 3rd to 4th liner in college would be my guess

Comment

Working...
                                X