Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
    Cool! Thanks for doing that - I guess the big positive is that Bazin has evened out the classes more now, compared to Blaise.
    I always find recruiting fascinating, and wanted to share something. If you remember, last year we originally had a verbal commitment for JT Stenglein. He decided to sign his NLI to Michigan State, and later Lowell signed Joe Gambardella. As you can see the link below, based purely on stats, I like the Joe Gambardella signing much more

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...in_859976.html
    I also noticed that about Stenglein. Only 15 games played, I was wonder if he was hurt or a healthy scratch this season. Looking at the MSU stats they had 4 freshmen forwards that played in over 35 games.

Agree, things worked out well for Lowell with Gambardella.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      I also noticed that about Stenglein. Only 15 games played, I was wonder if he was hurt or a healthy scratch this season. Looking at the MSU stats they had 4 freshmen forwards that played in over 35 games.

Agree, things worked out well for Lowell with Gambardella.
      An injury is a great point, and may be the case. I do find it interesting that over 15 games, only 1 goal. A PP goal at that. For a player to have scored as much as he did in the USHL, and only have 1 goal? Weird.
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Good look at all the recruits for all the HE programs for the next few years, along with their stats.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Good look at all the recruits for all the HE programs for the next few years, along with their stats.
          We could still use another D for next season. USNDPT D Brandon Fortunato decommitted from Harvard earlier this month...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            We could still use another D for next season. USNDPT D Brandon Fortunato decommitted from Harvard earlier this month...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
            What about folins brother? Niklas folin in ushl? Guessing it's his brother...

Comment

Those that are on twitter, check this post from Umass Amherst player (@bwahlin) Brandon Wahlin
              "Congrats to my fellow teammate @ChristianFolin on signing with minny!"

Did we get another transfer? Or did these guys play someplace before?

NOTE: I cannot take credit for this find, as my buddy pointed it out during the Folin updates
              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                Those that are on twitter, check this post from Umass Amherst player (@bwahlin) Brandon Wahlin
                "Congrats to my fellow teammate @ChristianFolin on signing with minny!"

Did we get another transfer? Or did these guys play someplace before?

NOTE: I cannot take credit for this find, as my buddy pointed it out during the Folin updates
                They both played Jr Hockey for the Austin Bruins of the NAHL

Comment

Ahhh - thanks so much

Comment

No problem. If he said 'former' teammate it would have been less confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      No problem. If he said 'former' teammate it would have been less confusing.
                      Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                        What about folins brother? Niklas folin in ushl? Guessing it's his brother...
                        Niklas Folin ('94)
                        http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...seasonid=11221

Comment

More bad news for UMass Amherst.

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch ·30m
                          94 F Liam Coughlin (Vernon Vipers - BCHL) commits to BU. Former Catholic Memorial star had already decommitted from UMass.
                          Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN ·41 mins
                          Coughlin decommitted from UMass about 3 weeks ago.
                          Last edited by boblav1; 04-01-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

With the departure of Wilson, I wonder if LeClerc or Anderson might come in next year instead.
                            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              With the departure of Wilson, I wonder if LeClerc or Anderson might come in next year instead.
                              It will be interesting to see what they do. Even with Wilson leaving I think they have enough forwards (16) if Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria and CJ Smith all come in. I believe they have gone or at least ended the past few seasons with 15 forwards.

I would imagine with Wilson and Folin leaving it will free up some scholarship money. I wonder if they'll go after another defenseman for next year?

Is Terrance Wallin the last Blaise recruit still on the roster?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Is Terrance Wallin the last Blaise recruit still on the roster?
                                Wow, yes he is.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X