UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

UMass picked up the #10 uncommitted recruit yesterday, a '96 who will be coming in next season. Good pickup for them.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      UMass picked up the #10 uncommitted recruit yesterday, a '96 who will be coming in next season. Good pickup for them.
      So you're saying he'll decommit in 3 weeks once he's realized what he's done?

Comment

Lowell picks up a recruit with a familiar name today: Jake Kamrass.

http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11180

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Nice catch!

Here's the youngest brother, a '95.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

On a related note, I'll miss the holmstorms
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Nice catch!

Here's the youngest brother, a '95.
              Another forward for next season?

Comment

Thats what im seeing ... hopefully he wouldnt mind making a switch to d lol he seems like he can score lol
                BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                  Thats what im seeing ... hopefully he wouldnt mind making a switch to d lol he seems like he can score lol
                  Jake has had a breakout season for Topeka. He currently has 56 points (24-32-56) in 58 games good for sixth in scoring in the NAHL. He only had 7 points (1-6-7) in 52 games in the 2012/2013 season.

http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...seasonid=11164

Comment

Tyler Sifferlen has been named "Mr. Hockey" by ESPN Boston:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...medium=twitter
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      Tyler Sifferlen has been named "Mr. Hockey" by ESPN Boston:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...medium=twitter
                      Thanks C-H-C, nice article.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Thanks C-H-C, nice article.
                        Sifferlen has a nose for the net. Here's a clip of him scoring a goal in the Super 8 semifinals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYgsgOvshM
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Updated:

14/15 roster as of now, with my speculations. Lowell currently has 9 commits that could come in either 2014 or 2015. Of those, 8 are forwards. I'm going to make some assumptions on who comes in 2014, and who pushes to 2015. For the purpose of this, I'm going to assume that of Edwardh, Hollman, Leclerc and Anderson (all '95s) only 2 come in 2014, so I'm just going to pick Hollman and Edwardh for now (pure speculation).

Interesting to note (for me) ... Lowell has 17 commits lined up for next year and beyond, only three of them are defensemen. I'm not sure why, but the defensive situation is scary. I'm removing Folin from next year's roster as I think there's virtually no chance he'll be back.

14/15 Roster
                          Defense (8):
                          Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
                          Juniors: Greg Amlong
                          Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
                          Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

Forwards (19):
                          Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
                          Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
                          Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
                          Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):
                          Seniors: Brian Robbins
                          Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
                          Seniors: 6
                          Juniors: 11
                          Sophomores: 6
                          Freshmen: 8

I really believe that a couple of the current roster players (beyond Folin) will also leave for whatever reason. I have to feel that we're still looking at a d-man or 2.
                          Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Updated:

14/15 roster as of now, with my speculations. Lowell currently has 9 commits that could come in either 2014 or 2015. Of those, 8 are forwards. I'm going to make some assumptions on who comes in 2014, and who pushes to 2015. For the purpose of this, I'm going to assume that of Edwardh, Hollman, Leclerc and Anderson (all '95s) only 2 come in 2014, so I'm just going to pick Hollman and Edwardh for now (pure speculation).

Interesting to note (for me) ... Lowell has 17 commits lined up for next year and beyond, only three of them are defensemen. I'm not sure why, but the defensive situation is scary. I'm removing Folin from next year's roster as I think there's virtually no chance he'll be back.

14/15 Roster
                            Defense (8):

Forwards (19):
                            Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
                            Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
                            Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
                            Seniors: 6
                            Juniors: 11

I really believe that a couple of the current roster players (beyond Folin) will also leave for whatever reason. I have to feel that we're still looking at a d-man or 2.
                            Buco and Gordon are gone - right?
                            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                              Buco and Gordon are gone - right?
                              Ah **** it. Yes. I thought I found the most up-to-date list I had done. Correcting. This might mean that another of the 2014/2015 recruits could come in.

14/15 Roster
                              Defense (8):

Forwards (17):
                              Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
                              Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
                              Seniors: 5
                              Juniors: 9
                              Monty

Comment

Ah **** it. Yes. I thought I found the most up-to-date list I had done. Correcting. This might mean that another of the 2014/2015 recruits could come in.

14/15 Roster
                                Defense (8):

Forwards (17):
                                Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
                                Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
                                Seniors: 5
                                Juniors: 9
                                Cool! Thanks for doing that - I guess the big positive is that Bazin has evened out the classes more now, compared to Blaise.
                                I always find recruiting fascinating, and wanted to share something. If you remember, last year we originally had a verbal commitment for JT Stenglein. He decided to sign his NLI to Michigan State, and later Lowell signed Joe Gambardella. As you can see the link below, based purely on stats, I like the Joe Gambardella signing much more

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...in_859976.html
                                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Working...
                                X