• Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Thanks for the update QUAlum and Jeff.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...ayerID=1065516

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Plays with current Lowell recruit, Evan Anderson.

Tall, but seems a bit skinny at 174.

One more year in the BCHL to bulk up?
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Committed for '14.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Committed for '14.
          Was anyone else in on him that you know of?
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Committed for '14.
            Not surprised. He's a late '94 (he'd start his freshman year still 19 years old) but Lowell needs d-men. Wouldn't be surprised to hear if this is one of those kids that schools were looking at for '15, but he gets to start earlier at Lowell.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We weren't the only ones noticing the blue line recruiting.
              Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 9m
              '94 D Chris Forney (Langley, BCHL) has committed to Lowell for 2014: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Mass-Lowell/26
              Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 8m
              Forney is an important pickup for UML. He's now 1 of just 2 D coming in next season. Lowell graduates Houk & Furlong w/ Folin maybe signing.
              Year and a half ago from USHR:
              Chris Forney, D, 11/20/94 (Thief River Falls) 6-2/176 — Younger brother of former North Dakota Fighting Sioux forward Michael Forney, a third round pick by the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets The younger Forney is draft eligible and, like his older brother, will make a case to hear his name called. An imposing presence on the blue line, Forney also brings some offense to the table. In his last two seasons at Thief River Falls he has been close to a point a game. Uncommitted.
              Last edited by UMLFan; 03-13-2014, 03:05 PM.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UMass Lowell receives commitment from Langley Rivermen (BCHL) defenseman Chris Forney, a Thief River Falls (MN) HS alum.
                Langley's press release
                http://www.langleyrivermen.com/leagu...700&page=78659

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Plays with current Lowell recruit, Evan Anderson.

Tall, but seems a bit skinny at 174.
                  190 according to the Langley press release.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    They mention that he had "several options". I wonder who else was in on him. That kind of stuff fascinates me.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      They mention that he had "several options". I wonder who else was in on him. That kind of stuff fascinates me.
                      Seems like Langley is becoming our farm team. Didn't Evan Campbell come from there too? I wonder if there is a coach there with a UML connection or maybe he chose to come here because he wants to play with Campbell and Evan Anderson who is also coming in from Langley.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Seems like Langley is becoming our farm team. Didn't Evan Campbell come from there too? I wonder if there is a coach there with a UML connection or maybe he chose to come here because he wants to play with Campbell and Evan Anderson who is also coming in from Langley.
                        Sometimes friendships are made, and if given the option, the kids might choose to go and play with other friends. Yes, Campbell played there. So did Lyles. Ickert.

And Patronick, you're right, I'm also always curious about that info.

I found this interesting, I wonder if he hasn't made a trip out here yet?

"I've heard nothing but good things and I think it's going to be a really good fit," said Forney.
                        Last edited by UMLFan; 03-14-2014, 07:49 AM.
                        Monty

Comment

Tyler Sifferlen had a goal last night, as MC has once again reached the Super-8 Final.
                          Monty

Comment

CCHL playoffs started last night. Ottawa won 7-2, but Ryan Collins was held without a point.

Collins finished the regular season fourth in the league with a 33-49-82 in 61 games.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              I believe this was Forney's rookie season in the BCHL so he never played with Campbell. Anderson has had a tough year missing most of it with an injury. As has been mentioned, I wonder if he's still scheduled to come in next season after missing so much time.

Speaking of Langley teamates, Evan Campbell will face off against his old linemate Mario Puskarich again this weekend. Puskarich has put up some impressive numbers for UVM this season and looks to be one of the favorites for Hockey East rookie of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                I believe this was Forney's rookie season in the BCHL so he never played with Campbell. Anderson has had a tough year missing most of it with an injury. As has been mentioned, I wonder if he's still scheduled to come in next season after missing so much time.

Speaking of Langley teamates, Evan Campbell will face off against his old linemate Mario Puskarich again this weekend. Puskarich has put up some impressive numbers for UVM this season and looks to be one of the favorites for Hockey East rookie of the year.
                                I'd be shocked if Puskarich doesn't win it. He sure deserves it.

In regards to Anderson, I'd be surprised if he came in next year. He's born 6/95, so he's still only 19, so he could play in juniors. We have 5 forwards leaving (including Nick Gordon) and have Collins, Edwardh, Hollman, Louria and Smith (along with transfer eligible Francis) coming in. I'd think they'd keep Anderson out for another year, unless Wilson leaves?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X