X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    College Hockey News ‏@chnews 58m
    UMass Lowell commit Evan Campbell drafted by Edmonton in the fifth round.
    Campbell drafted in 5th round by Edmonton

Comment

Since I like seeing this set up in a grid ... here's what we're looking at for a roster for '13/'14 and then '14/'15.

So with a couple of departures for next year already, here's where the UML roster stands for next season. I'm speculating that Furlong might be leaving the program, but for now, I'm leaving him on the list. Edit: I'm removing McCoy since has left the program. I'm also assuming that Thompson will be back.

Defense (9):
      Senior: Daniel Furlong, Joe Houk (RS)
      Juniors: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
      Sophomores: Greg Amlong, Christian Folin
      Freshmen: Michael Kapla, Corey Scammon, Dylan Zink

Forwards (17):
      Seniors: Derek Arnold, Josh Holmstrom, Joe Pendanza, Shayne Thompson
      Juniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
      Sophomores: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
      Freshmen: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia, Dylan Shapiro

Goalies (3):
      Seniors: Doug Carr
      Juniors: Brian Robbins
      Sophomores: Connor Hellebuyck

This still leaves us at 29 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2013/2014 being:
      Seniors: 7
      Juniors: 6
      Sophomores: 9
      Freshmen: 7

Interesting to note ... it took Bazin just 2 years to pretty much even out the classes.

Looking to 14/15 ... This year is pretty scary in terms of needing some more recruits. With all the talk of Folin at the end of last season, another good year ... and who knows. Same with Wilson and Hellebuyck potentially. Anderson and Sifferlen both are listed as '14 or '15, so I'm putting them as '14 for now.

Defense (8):
      Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
      Juniors: Greg Amlong, Christian Folin
      Sophomores: Michael Kapla, Corey Scammon, Dylan Zink
      Freshmen: Tyler Mueller

Forwards (18):
      Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
      Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
      Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia, Dylan Shapiro
      Freshmen: Evan Anderson, Ryan Collins, CJ Smith, Tyler Sifferlen

Goalies (2):
      Seniors: Brian Robbins
      Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
      Seniors: 6
      Juniors: 10
      Sophomores: 7
      Freshmen: 5

Definitely need a recruit in goal, as well as 1/2? on defense.

Thoughts?
      Last edited by UMLFan; 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM. Reason: Edit: McCoy has left the program
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

A video on incoming recruit Campbell.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

new thread is great love to read about the new guys

Comment

can you tell us who nick gordan is and a little about him

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
              can you tell us who nick gordan is and a little about him
              I found some information on the web. Nick's from Pittsburgh PA and played for Northfield Mount Hermon before heading to Sioux City of the USHL. He was a teammate of Jake Suter at Sioux City. Nick committed to RIT for the 2011-2012 season. It doesn't appear he ever played a game for RIT. I believe he was plagued by injuries prior to coming to Lowell.

It will be interested to see how Nick does this season. It has to be at least a couple of years since he's played in a game.

Comment

thanks good work

Comment

2 Lowell commits make Muskegon's initial 28-man protected list.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    2 Lowell commits make Muskegon's initial 28-man protected list.
                    Nick Master is on the Cedar Rapids 30-man roster.

Comment

According to Mike McMahon:

French forward '96 Guillaume Leclerc has committed to UML. He believes for the 15-16 season. C'mon new Yorrick.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        According to Mike McMahon:

French forward '96 Guillaume Leclerc has committed to UML. He believes for the 15-16 season. C'mon new Yorrick.
                        This article is in French, but uses the logo of the Lowell Devils. It also says that he'll be here for 2014-15.

Looks like the kid is putting up some good numbers, but who knows what the competition is like over there:
                        Last edited by ScottK; 07-26-2013, 04:04 AM.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          This article is in French, but uses the logo of the Lowell Devils. It also says that he'll be here for 2014-15.

Looks like the kid is putting up some good numbers, but who knows what the competition is like over there:
                          That he's playing with the U20 as a 16 year old I think speaks a lot. I don't know what Trielle/Meunier/Amar did before us in that regard but I'd have to think that's probably pretty good.

edit: most goals in a "U22" league... again, good sign... this would indicate he's good enough for the senior national team soon.

edit #2: looks like there is a brother but he's an unlikely... already 18, playing D. Has appeared on the U20 roster

edit #3: second most points in the same league... the other guy had a large amount of assists

edit #4: according to the article, he'll be coming stateside next year and attend school in Minnesota
                          Last edited by Patman; 07-26-2013, 08:08 AM.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

edit #4: according to the article, he'll be coming stateside next year and attend school in Minnesota
                            According to Mike:

Not sure if he'll play hockey there or somewhere else, but French Lowell commit Guillaume Leclerc will be headed to Austin Prep, it appears.
                            Which probably makes sense. Keep the kid close, at least for a year if he is a 15-16 to get acclimated and get used to being around the coaches/team.

Comment

Article from the Viewfrom123 site.
                              http://viewfrom123.com/2013/07/guill...-umass-lowell/
                              Last edited by boblav1; 07-26-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                According to Mike:

Which probably makes sense. Keep the kid close, at least for a year if he is a 15-16 to get acclimated and get used to being around the coaches/team.
                                There is a limit on how much in-person contact recruit and staff can have especially before completing junior year, I believe, but if he does go to AP, they have a strong hockey program led by former Merrimack assistant Lou Finochiarro.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X