Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    A new recruit for next season. (F) Dylan Hollman of the Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL).

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=81338

http://www.ajhl.ca/statistics/north_...ve_saints.html
    Thanks Bob. Like that he seems like he gets back as a forward as well.

Still worried about defensive recruiting for next year. If I have some time today, I'll find the old 2014/2015 roster that's on this thread and update it.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Bonus to him, it's Dylan Hollman's birthday today!

Plus, my post on his commitment.
      Justin Soderberg
      President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
      Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
      Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Lowell picks up a '97 born recruit.
        Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 10m
        '97 Gunnery F Ryan Dmowski commits to Lowell. Grandfather drove him from Conn. every day to play for '96 Providence Caps from mite to bantam
        This tweet says '97, but USHR has him as a '96. I believe he's a '97. Anyway, they just said this about him two days ago:
        Ryan Dmowski, LC (#15, Gunnery, Jr., 6-1/190, ‘96) Dmowski is a versatile forward who can play both a power and skill game. He has good hands and an elite shot, but is not one-dimensional -- he showed a real commitment in the defensive zone, picking up sticks and playing the body. He does a good job using his strength and puck protection skills to create time and space to set up his shot. If the East Lyme, Conn. native improves his skating and agility, D-I schools should come knocking.
        Also from USHR:
        An electric offensive threat with the puck on his stick, Dmowski can shoot it with the best of them. Needs to keep a consistent compete level from shift to shift.
        And from Over the Boards
        Dmowski’s got pro potential and is just lethal in the offensive zone. Clever positioning alongside a serious scoring touch, Dmowski plays his role as a cog in the offense well and just makes plays.
        He was chosen by Des Moines in the first round of the USHL Futures Draft Phase 1 in '13 (Pick 11).
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

According to a few fellow students who are close with Christian Folin, he plans to stick around until his degree is complete. He turned down the offers last year to go pro, and plans to do the same this year. That being said, we still need someone to replace Houk, as it looks as though Amlong and Zink are going to be splitting time,
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            According to a few fellow students who are close with Christian Folin, he plans to stick around until his degree is complete. He turned down the offers last year to go pro, and plans to do the same this year. That being said, we still need someone to replace Houk, as it looks as though Amlong and Zink are going to be splitting time,
            I'll admit ... he hasn't looked as solid this year as he did last year (speaking of Folin). At this point, I don't know if the demand for him to leave is as high as it was after last season.
            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I'll admit ... he hasn't looked as solid this year as he did last year (speaking of Folin). At this point, I don't know if the demand for him to leave is as high as it was after last season.
              I will agree with that. I wish he would use that big shot of his more often and play more physical too. Sometimes he looks like he is just going through the motions.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

I saw him play a prep game. His reputation was rising and Lowell got a good one and a nice kid.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Lowell picks up a '97 born recruit.

This tweet says '97, but USHR has him as a '96. I believe he's a '97. Anyway, they just said this about him two days ago:

Also from USHR:

And from Over the Boards

He was chosen by Des Moines in the first round of the USHL Futures Draft Phase 1 in '13 (Pick 11).
                  I like the sound of this kid's jib.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Didn't have the time to do this yesterday, so I'll do it now.

14/15 roster as of now, with my speculations. Lowell currently has 8 commits that could come in either 2014 or 2015. Of those, 7 are forwards. I'm going to make some assumptions on who comes in 2014, and who pushes to 2015 (Sifferlin has already been pushed to 2015). For the purpose of this, I'm going to assume that of Edwardh, Hollman, Leclerc and Anderson (all '95s) only 2 comes in 2014, so I'm just going to pick Hollman and Edwardh for now (pure speculation).

Interesting to note (for me) ... Lowell has 14 commits lined up for next year and beyond, only two of them are defensemen. I'm not sure why, but the defensive situation is scary.

14/15 Roster
                    Defense (7):
                    Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
                    Juniors: Greg Amlong, Christian Folin
                    Sophomores: Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
                    Freshmen: Tyler Mueller

Forwards (18):
                    Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
                    Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
                    Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
                    Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):
                    Seniors: Brian Robbins
                    Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
                    Seniors: 6
                    Juniors: 11
                    Sophomores: 5
                    Freshmen: 6

Looking further ahead, I'll assume that the two that Lowell pushes to '15 come in '15, and O'Neill pushes to '16, I'm wondering if Dmowski actually comes in as an 18 year old freshmen. For now (since he's listed that way on Chris' site,

15/16 Roster
                    Defense (6):
                    Senior: Greg Amlong, Christian Folin
                    Juniors: Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
                    Sophomores: Tyler Mueller
                    Freshmen: Tommy Panico

Forwards (20):
                    Seniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
                    Juniors: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
                    Sophomores: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Mike Louria, CJ Smith
                    Freshmen: Evan Anderson, Ryan Dmowski, Guillaume Leclerc, Nick Master, Tyler Sifferlen

Goalies (3):
                    Seniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)
                    Freshmen: Jeff Smith

This leaves us at 29 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2015/2016 being:
                    Seniors: 11
                    Juniors: 5
                    Sophomores: 6
                    Freshmen: 7

I'm assuming as some point that either a couple of the forwards leave early, or some of the '15s are pushed out again? But defensemen recruiting sticks out like a sore thumb right now.
                    Monty

Comment

Great job Monty. It's nice to see some recruiting activity.

The Gunnery roster on USHR has Dmowski with a DOB of 3/19/97. He's from East Lyme, CT and he currently has 11 points (8-3-11) in 19 games.

Comment

Nick Master went down awkwardly tonight on the ice after being tangled with an opposing defender and was taken off on a stretcher. Hoping for the best, but it looks like a broken ankle. I will keep the thread updated with what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                          Nick Master went down awkwardly tonight on the ice after being tangled with an opposing defender and was taken off on a stretcher. Hoping for the best, but it looks like a broken ankle. I will keep the thread updated with what I hear.
                          Yikes, hopefully it's nothing serious for the kid.

From the Cedar Rapids Gazzette:
                          There was bad news on this night, however, as forward Nick Master had to be taken away on a stretcher after suffering what appeared to be a broken left ankle in the second period. He got tangled up with a Chicago player behind his own net and fell awkwardly while being hooked to the ice.

Master remained face down on the ice for a number of minutes and was fitted for an air cast before being lifted onto the stretcher. He was taken via ambulance to a local hospital following the game.
                          Monty

Comment

Master broke a bone in his leg and tore a ligament in his ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                              Master broke a bone in his leg and tore a ligament in his ankle.
                              That's too bad. Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery. Thanks for the update herbst20.

http://thegazette.com/2014/01/19/rou...broken-fibula/
                              Last edited by boblav1; 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Great job Monty. It's nice to see some recruiting activity.

The Gunnery roster on USHR has Dmowski with a DOB of 3/19/97. He's from East Lyme, CT and he currently has 11 points (8-3-11) in 19 games.
                                I watched Dmowski Sunday vs Albany Academy....had a Hat-Trick. Kid is a stud, good get.
                                Last edited by turk181; 01-19-2014, 11:37 PM.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X