Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Thanks for the update herbst20. How's Nick Master doing at Cedar Rapids? Any thoughts on the other UML recruits playing in the USHL?

Tyler Mueller - Sioux City
    Tommy Panico - Muskegon
    CJ Smith - Chicago
    Master has started off a bit slower than I thought he would, but the skill is there. I look for his progress to pick up now that he has adjusted to the speed of the USHL. He is usually playing wing on the 2nd line and seeing PP time. If I had to characterize Nick, it would be a playmaker who shows signs of being a finisher.

Panico has good size and is playing all facets of the game for Muskegon. On the PP I thought he sees the shooting lanes well and does a great job of putting his shot on goal. I wouldn't say he has a booming shot, but he can let it rip if needed.

I haven't seen Mueller yet this year and CJ Smith hasn't stood out in my viewings.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      I wonder where Landon Smith will end up? Smith, a '93, leads the BCHL in scoring. I believe he was originally committed to Denver but decomitted with the coaching change.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...ayerID=1069490
      Per Chris Heisenberg from his updated list he is going to Quinnipiac.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

USHR: KUA Jr. F AJ Greer has committed to BU. Others in pic were HE schools -- Vermont, Maine, Lowell. Family advisor is former BU G Peter Fish.
        Well at least Lowell was in the mix according to USHR.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          Per Chris Heisenberg from his updated list he is going to Quinnipiac.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0
          The Q really has been cleaning up in recruiting recently. Picking up a '99 goalie (99!) and I'm assuming his brother as well ('97). They also picked up another '97 today, along with Smith.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Recruit news:
            - Evan Anderson was back in the lineup for Langley last night after missing the first half of the season with an injury.
            - Ryan Collins had a hat trick last night and currently has 54 points (19-35-54) in 38 games. He's tied for third in scoring in the CCHL.
            - Guillaume Leclerc has one point (0-1-1) in the last four games since returning from the U20 tournament.
            - Goalie Jeff Smith made 23 saves in a 2-1 win last night. Smith leads the BCHL in GAA (1.95) and SV% (0.934) in 18 games played.
            - Michael Louria had a goal and an assist last night and currently has 33 points (16-17-33) in 32 games. He's tied for fifth in scoring in the NAHL.
            Last edited by boblav1; 01-04-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

This is probably nothing, but spoke to A Clarkson player last night and he mentioned that Lowell has been in contact with his brother about playing at Lowell, and Bazin seems very interested. Last name is garlasco plays for the U18 islanders and is a defenseman. Other D1 have been in contact as well. Just thought people may be interested.
              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                This is probably nothing, but spoke to A Clarkson player last night and he mentioned that Lowell has been in contact with his brother about playing at Lowell, and Bazin seems very interested. Last name is garlasco plays for the U18 islanders and is a defenseman. Other D1 have been in contact as well. Just thought people may be interested.
                First ... wait, you're in town?

And I'm assuming this is the player you're talking about. Looking him up, it appears they have yet another younger brother as well, a '97 forward.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  First ... wait, you're in town?

And I'm assuming this is the player you're talking about. Looking him up, it appears they have yet another younger brother as well, a '97 forward.
                  I believe that is him, and yes he ha a younger brother who is talented as well. I guess the islanders had a game close by yesterday and I know both Lowell and clarkson had people watching him.
                  "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                  make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                    I believe that is him, and yes he ha a younger brother who is talented as well. I guess the islanders had a game close by yesterday and I know both Lowell and clarkson had people watching him.
                    He would be the smallest Lowell D man on the roster. Seems like Bazin likes the Folin, Houk, Ambrose size.... Strange fit if true..

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                      He would be the smallest Lowell D man on the roster. Seems like Bazin likes the Folin, Houk, Ambrose size.... Strange fit if true..
                      Like mentioned previously, it may be nothing. The Clarkson player (garlasco) just mentioned that Bazin defintely had interest, along with other D1 teams.
                      However, isn't Zink on the smaller side? Maybe I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                        Like mentioned previously, it may be nothing. The Clarkson player (garlasco) just mentioned that Bazin defintely had interest, along with other D1 teams.
                        However, isn't Zink on the smaller side? Maybe I am wrong.
                        Good point. Zink is smaller. Hasn't played much this season.

Comment

Nothing to do with UML, but a kid born in 2000 just committed to Maine. He's 13 years old and I'd have to think somewhere close to the youngest ever commit. Holy crap.
                          Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Nothing to do with UML, but a kid born in 2000 just committed to Maine. He's 13 years old and I'd have to think somewhere close to the youngest ever commit. Holy crap.
                            No idea how good this kid actually is but he made two ridiculous goals on the Bruins 1 on 1 games... Here are the videos. Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2014/1/9/5294246/seventh-grader-oliver-wahlstrom-commits-to-maine-red-gendron-hockey-east-nya-north-yarmouth

Comment

Pretty quiet on the recruiting front.

Here's the 2014 NHL Draft Mid Season Rankings for committed college players. There's also some uncommitted players on the list.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/20...eason-rankings
                              Last edited by boblav1; 01-13-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

A new recruit for next season. (F) Dylan Hollman of the Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL).

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=81338

http://www.ajhl.ca/statistics/north_...ve_saints.html

Comment

Working...
                                X