Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Not that I expect him to be cut, but France hasn't announced their final roster for the WJC yet. According to the IIHF, they still have 35 skaters and 6 goalies listed on the roster (http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/361/IHM3...2E_1_0_FRA.pdf). That should be cut in half by the end of the week.
    Guillaume Leclerc has an assist in 2 games at the U20 World Championships. France is 2-0.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/361/statistics.html

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      A new recruit (2015), goaltender Jeff Smith ('95) who plays with Powell River (BCHL)

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=962465,
      Thanks Bob.
      Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      I was thinking the same thing. But plans at this point in the year seem really fluid. Maybe all three want to stay now, who knows how they feel when they unlace 'em in April.
      Well, this kind of fits in with my thoughts. Three netminders next year (with Hellebuyck and Boyle getting most of the time), and then planning for Hellebuyck to leave, and Smith come in?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Smith is currently the #1 in GAA in the BCHL (a full half a goal better than anyone else). His save percentage is rather impressive (94.3%). Powell River is currently #5 in the CJHL Top 20 Standings.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

From what I've been told Smith could be accelerated to 2014 if Hellebuyck leaves early. He will have finished all his schooling by this spring and will be ready if necessary.
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            From what I've been told Smith could be accelerated to 2014 if Hellebuyck leaves early. He will have finished all his schooling by this spring and will be ready if necessary.
            Thanks for the update Jeff.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. That works out perfectly then.
              Monty

Comment

John Edwardh (4g, 3a in four games) and CJ Smith (3g, 3a in three games) had great weeks last week.
                Future River Hawks Recap (12/9-12/15)
                Justin Soderberg
                President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Tyler Sifferlen named to preseason ESPN Boston MIAA All-State first-team
                  Justin Soderberg
                  President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                  Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                  Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
                    Mass High school hockey is way down from what it used to be. I covered CM's dismantling of Natick last night for ESPN Boston. Sifferlen will probably be pushed back to 2015. He'll need a year of juniors. I'll get my first look at Sifferlen this year on Wednesday night when MC takes on RI hockey power Mount Saint Charles.
                    Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I would agree that Sifferlen needs a year of Juniors. He was in Cedar Rapids camp last year and was noticeably a step slower that the pace of play. He does have a nice set of core skills though.

Comment

I would have been shocked had he come directly from CM to Lowell, so a year in juniors doesn't surprise me.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I would have been shocked had he come directly from CM to Lowell, so a year in juniors doesn't surprise me.
                          He's at MC, but close enough. Haha.

Comment

He's at MC, but close enough. Haha.
                            ****, I knew that. Stupid dyslexia.
                            Monty

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...-charles-r-i-2

My recap of Malden Catholic's 8-2 win over Rhode Island power house Mount Saint Charles. Tyler Sifferlen with a hat trick and he confirmed to me after the game that he will be playing a year of juniors before heading to UMass-Lowell in the fall of 2015.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...-charles-r-i-2

My recap of Malden Catholic's 8-2 win over Rhode Island power house Mount Saint Charles. Tyler Sifferlen with a hat trick and he confirmed to me after the game that he will be playing a year of juniors before heading to UMass-Lowell in the fall of 2015.
                                Thanks Jeff. What do you think of Sifferlen's game?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X