Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since this site's administrators don't respond when you use their "contact" button...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since this site's administrators don't respond when you use their "contact" button...

(what a great way to run a business)...I'll ask the question of other forum users.

Does anyone know how many others you have to "rep" before being allowed by the Fan Forum Big Brother to again "rep" someone whom you have previously "reped"?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Since this site's administrators don't respond when you use their "contact" butto

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    (what a great way to run a business)...I'll ask the question of other forum users.

Does anyone know how many others you have to "rep" before being allowed by the Fan Forum Big Brother to again "rep" someone whom you have previously "reped"?

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Never bothered to actually count how many peripheral reps are required to repeat rep another. I've always just let Forum Big Brother tend to that. Someone in The Lodge may know the answer to your question...maybe pose it there?
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Re: Since this site's administrators don't respond when you use their "contact" butto

Rep is meaningless, so it doesn't matter.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
        I basically agree but it wasn't the "rep" part that I was interested in...it was more the ability to communicate by way of the message that one can send along with the "rep".

Comment

I basically agree but it wasn't the "rep" part that I was interested in...it was more the ability to communicate by way of the message that one can send along with the "rep".
          At one point there was a private message system with this board. It was taken away due to spammer(s) misusing it. It makes "Rep" messaging the only way to message others, unless you use the e-mail option. However that latter option is not available if your target has it disabled.
          Last edited by OnMAA; 06-12-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            At one point there was a private message system with this board. It was taken away due to spammer misusing it. It makes "Rep" messaging the only way to message others, unless you use the e-mail option. However that latter option is not available if your target has it disabled.
            Someone had indicated a few months ago that the private message system never functioned but although I never used it I know that it was available a few years back because I recall checking it out.

As you say, it no longer exists, and the rep message is the only "simple" way now but the problem is that it comes with rules and those rules are not disclosed in their explanations...at least not the answer to the question that I have posed and they don't respond to your contacting them with their "contact" function...go figure.

Comment

Last I knew, it was 20 reps before you could rep someone again. If it has changed, then Ralph would know. As for the contact function, vBulletin is a purchased package, and USCHO doesn't necessarily use all of its functionality. For example, they probably don't want to hire someone to answer important questions like those that originate from those of us that use this free forum. Those that do provide technical support are spread pretty thin; it isn't like there is some full-time staff.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Last I knew, it was 20 reps before you could rep someone again. If it has changed, then Ralph would know. As for the contact function, vBulletin is a purchased package, and USCHO doesn't necessarily use all of its functionality. For example, they probably don't want to hire someone to answer important questions like those that originate from those of us that use this free forum. Those that do provide technical support are spread pretty thin; it isn't like there is some full-time staff.
                It is still 20. That is you must Rep 20 others before you can Rep someone for a second time. I.e., Rep-1 [20 other Reps] Rep-2.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  It is still 20. That is you must Rep 20 others before you can Rep someone for a second time. I.e., Rep-1 [20 other Reps] Rep-2.
                  Must be reliable info coming from someone with 147 Thousand postings.

However, hard to keep track of how many you have done and to whom. I noticed that the Rep traffic has decreased substantially (at least for me) over the years. I really liked the private message system that was in place for about 6 months to be able to communicate with others.

Comment

However, hard to keep track of how many you have done and to whom. I noticed that the Rep traffic has decreased substantially (at least for me) over the years. I really liked the private message system that was in place for about 6 months to be able to communicate with others.
                    I tried to Rep you...but was told I have to spread some around first!
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                      How do I know my self-worth without it though? What you guys think of me is very high on my list of self esteem factors!!
                      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their input.

You have to wonder, the messaging feature of the rep function aside, why one isn't allowed to rep someone whenever one thinks it is appropriate without having to jump through hoops like a circus act?

Then again, I'm viewing it from a positive rep viewpoint...maybe the reason is to prevent someone from getting carried away with negative rep and having their opinion disproportionally affect the reped poster's viewable rep. I suppose someone could get carried away with positive rep as well. It would have been a good idea for the details to have been explained or alternatively to respond when someone contacts them with their contact button...or get rid of the contact button thereby eliminating any pretense that there is any possible contact that a user might expect.

At any rate, thanks again.

Comment

or get rid of the contact button thereby eliminating any pretense that there is any possible contact that a user might expect.
                          Likely the non-response is because of the subject matter. You'd probably get a more timely answer if the question was about something other than the rep system.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I as well impressed w. 147 thousand postings.

Comment

Working...
                            X