PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

mookie1995
09-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Weighart no chance!!!

BC/HE
09-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Those of you trolling that are posting here trying to mudsling please remember there are a few facts that are known:

No one was arrested.
Punishment was very swift and severe. I believe those involved had to find their own way home and never truly had much chance for reinstatement no matter how much they reformed.
Everyone privy to the information thought enough to prevent further embarrassment to those involved by never divulging information for several years or not so much as even gossiping.

Deuce
09-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Those of you trolling that are posting here trying to mudsling please remember there are a few facts that are known:

No one was arrested.
could the administration failing to inform the authorities have something to do with that?

Punishment was very swift and severe. I believe those involved had to find their own way home and never truly had much chance for reinstatement no matter how much they reformed.
if they had no chance of reinstatement wouldn't a dismissal from the team have been the swift and severe punishment? kicking them off the team without publicly kicking them off the team does not look good

Everyone privy to the information thought enough to prevent further embarrassment to those involved by never divulging information for several years or not so much as even gossiping.
i don't follow where you're going with this. so more people were involved with this, is that your point? or so if the players and coaches haven't been publicly held accountable for there actions for years we shouldn't start now?

theprofromdover
09-06-2013, 08:31 AM
could the administration failing to inform the authorities have something to do with that?

Should every parent that finds their kid's stash call the cops? The fact that it happened on a road trip also enters into it.

Deuce
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Should every parent that finds their kid's stash call the cops? The fact that it happened on a road trip also enters into it.

i'm not saying i want the coach of a team i follow or team my son plays on to report every infraction to the police, but when someone commits a crime that would result in an arrest if caught you won't hear me trying to play it down by saying he wasn't arrested.

when the bigger issue at hand seems to be the cover up than the actual infraction bringing up that he wasn't arrested because the cops never found out, not because they witnessed it and deemed it not deserving of an arrest, seems like a very poor defense.

theprofromdover
09-06-2013, 09:08 AM
i'm not saying i want the coach of a team i follow or team my son plays on to report every infraction to the police, but when someone commits a crime that would result in an arrest if caught you won't hear me trying to play it down by saying he wasn't arrested.

when the bigger issue at hand seems to be the cover up than the actual infraction bringing up that he wasn't arrested because the cops never found out, not because they witnessed it and deemed it not deserving of an arrest, seems like a very poor defense.

I'll repeat it slowly so you can formulate an answer: Should every parent that finds their kid's stash call the cops?

Deuce
09-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I'll repeat it slowly so you can formulate an answer: Should every parent that finds their kid's stash call the cops?

i thought i addressed that, guess i'll go again. no, but if i know my daughter has broken the law without getting caught i am not going to use that she hasn't been caught in my reasoning for why she is a good kid

covering up for a kid, espescially one that is not your own, is a large risk. if no one finds out you have spared the child of embarassment, if people do find out it reflects poorly on both of you

Nick Papagiorgio
09-06-2013, 09:21 AM

Honest question. Do you have Down Syndrome?

theprofromdover
09-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Deuce
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM

i thought i addressed that, guess i'll go again. no

this is like pulling teeth, i was not even addressing whether york should or should not have covered for him, that is a topic that i'm sure will be brought up enough in the month leading up to the season without me. i'm saying that if i know someone did something deserving of an arrest i don't bring up that he hasn't been arrested to persuade others it wasn't a bad thing to do

theprofromdover
09-06-2013, 09:57 AM
this is like pulling teeth, i was not even addressing whether york should or should not have covered for him, that is a topic that i'm sure will be brought up enough in the month leading up to the season without me. i'm saying that if i know someone did something deserving of an arrest i don't bring up that he hasn't been arrested to persuade others it wasn't a bad thing to do

You have a lot in common with a bag of hammers.

all bear
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
You have a lot in common with a bag of hammers.

Havnet we covered this before? Its a gd bag of nails, NOT hammers....geeezus man you are getting old :D

(oh, and yes Jerry is a lying, cheating, law obstructing sob.....common knowledge even for you lesser folks on the mole hill)

mookie1995
09-06-2013, 01:41 PM

How many times does pro have to yell at yous guys?!?!?

Jwrry obviously banged these kids moms an they are his bastard kids!!!!

sterlippo1
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM
How many times does pro have to yell at yous guys?!?!?

Jwrry obviously banged these kids moms an they are his bastard kids!!!!

i know you arent from here but can you get the spelling right? It's "youze" ok? The word's origin is East Boston:p

sterlippo1
09-06-2013, 02:47 PM
did everyone get this email ? I guess tix arent selling too well for tonights ESPN2 game vs Wake

Dear Boston College Season Ticket Holders:

As a token of our appreciation for your loyal support, we would like to offer you complimentary tickets to this Friday’s 8 p.m. football game vs. Wake Forest. This will be a great opportunity to see the 1-0 football team under the direction of new Head Coach Steve Addazio take on an ACC Atlantic Division rival (or to bring a guest for free if you already have tickets). You may request up to four complimentary tickets (per season ticket holder account); the tickets will be distributed pregame at Gate B. Availability is limited, so please email your RSVP with your name, address, phone number and ticket quantity to athtick@bc.edu no later than 5 p.m. Thursday. You will receive a confirmation email based on ticket availability. Seating will be located in the endzone and tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis. For confirmed orders, please plan to arrive early to pick up your tickets to avoid long lines. Once again, thank you for your support of Boston College.

BC Athletics

Agganis
09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
did everyone get this email ? I guess tix arent selling too well for tonights ESPN2 game vs Wake

Dear Boston College Season Ticket Holders:

As a token of our appreciation for your loyal support, we would like to offer you complimentary tickets to this Friday’s 8 p.m. football game vs. Wake Forest. This will be a great opportunity to see the 1-0 football team under the direction of new Head Coach Steve Addazio take on an ACC Atlantic Division rival (or to bring a guest for free if you already have tickets). You may request up to four complimentary tickets (per season ticket holder account); the tickets will be distributed pregame at Gate B. Availability is limited, so please email your RSVP with your name, address, phone number and ticket quantity to athtick@bc.edu no later than 5 p.m. Thursday. You will receive a confirmation email based on ticket availability. Seating will be located in the endzone and tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis. For confirmed orders, please plan to arrive early to pick up your tickets to avoid long lines. Once again, thank you for your support of Boston College.

BC Athletics

When asked if he supported this move Head Hockey Coach Jerry York informed the media "instead of sending that email I would've just covered-up... the empty seats with a tarp"

sterlippo1
09-06-2013, 07:11 PM
When asked if he supported this move Head Hockey Coach Jerry York informed the media "instead of sending that email I would've just covered-up... the empty seats with a tarp"

nothing if not predictable:cool:

boblav1
09-11-2013, 10:33 AM
FYI - A new recruit for 2015 according to the Heisemberg site.
Christopher Brown-RW ('96) - Cranbrook Prep

BC/HE
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
FYI - A new recruit for 2015 according to the Heisemberg site.
Christopher Brown-RW ('96) - Cranbrook Prep
That would be Captain Patrick Brown's brother, another nephew of Associate Head Coach Greg Brown.

TonyTheTiger20
09-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Anyone recall when tickets go on sale?