Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by BCHockeyfan View Post
    What do you guys think of these combos.

Johnny G- Cangelosi- Calnan

Fitzgerald- Hayes- Arnold

Smith- Brown/Gilmour- Richardson

Straight- Gilmour/Brown- Gaudreau/Silk

Matheson- Santini

McCoshen- Macleod

Doherty- Linell

Demko/Barone/Billett
    I prefer Linell as a forward unless injuries pile up on the blue line. BC has gone with 5 D in the past but I think the D will be fine and goaltending in good hands. Why isn't Birdsall on your list as one of the goalies on the roster ??
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Hayes, Arnold and Gaudreau will be a line

Comment

^^^ if so,best one in college hockey ??..................what's up with the Pikes Peak club before games. Where is it and what's it like?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          The Hayes line has already redefined "Dump and Chase" hockey!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Too much emphasis on the incoming freshman; some will succeed immediately, others will not, all will develop. If the team has to rely on
          5-6 frosh having career years, the Eagles are in trouble. Wild prediction, BC in the middle of the pack behind BU, Lowell, Providence, and Merrimack.

Comment

Linell on defense? God help us if that ever happens this season, or ever again for that matter.

At the end of the day, I'll deal with whatever this team produces provided the staff doesn't put out some of the worst possible line combos possible, which is what we saw last year as the games got more important. Healthy Jerry > Pirate Jerry. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm still not sure what to do with Straight. Bench or 4th line really are the only options for me.

And lastly, Gaudreau needs to be protected. If we're going to see the garbage on him we saw last year, I want to see some nastiness in the mold of a Brennan/Petrecki/Orpik.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Would be quite a line but I don't think it will happen. First Jerry does not put all the eggs in one basket. We saw last year how he broke up Mullane, Whitney, Gaudreau even though they were on fire, to get some other lines moving. I do think Arnold will be with JG for he is the most intense player BC has and will protect JG from all over the ice. Besides do we really want a HAG line?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                Would be quite a line but I don't think it will happen. First Jerry does not put all the eggs in one basket. We saw last year how he broke up Mullane, Whitney, Gaudreau even though they were on fire, to get some other lines moving. I do think Arnold will be with JG for he is the most intense player BC has and will protect JG from all over the ice. Besides do we really want a HAG line?
                Hayes and Arnold will most likely be on a line together with another physical presence while Gaudreau will be with two players more of his skill set. Look back over the years and that is how Coach York has done it.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  You really don't want to have a valuable asset like Arnold going to the box to protect Gaudreau. Especially with the penalty killing that Arnold provides. He has snarl but that serves him well in how he plays the game and to me nothing more. I'm not sure any forwards fit the bill as an enforcer type that can skate with JG... maybe Silk. Then again some freshmen do have size up front. Going back to the discussion we had last year, much to the chagrin of bluehorseshoe, Silk did well in his time with good linemates (say, better than Linell) and he also has the ability and size to get in there and pummel someone and help with the cycling/possession aspect of the game.

Silk wasn't a big time player last year but if he had a good offseason in the weight room and can just be reasonably good on a good line, he might be a good sleeper pick for the season and he could be fairly important to how the team comes together. Think Andy Powers on a line with Gionta and Reasoner.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agreed about Silk. Really liked him when he got a chance to play more than a 4th line role.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

I got an email from my credit card with a presale offer for Frozen Fenway tickets:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/tic...ozenfenway.jsp

I went before and I'm not going this time. I'm not sure if you need to buy the tickets with a Citi CC or not but you can use 542418 as the password to get in if you want to check it out.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Do you all have an on-sale date for single games? Coming from out of town for an October game and want to get tickets, but there's very little info on the athletics website.
                        It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                          Do you all have an on-sale date for single games? Coming from out of town for an October game and want to get tickets, but there's very little info on the athletics website.
                          It's pretty hard to sell the tickets when the freaking school has yet to release the schedule but it should be soon that you can buy single game tickets...........

on another note, anyone know what is the actual starting time is for the ridiculous home opener VS RPI on a FRIGGIN sunday afternoon/night? Posters on RPI's thread say 3PM but HE schedule says 7PM. It's hard to fathom a 7 PM Sunday night home opener

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            It's pretty hard to sell the tickets when the freaking school has yet to release the schedule but it should be soon that you can buy single game tickets...........

on another note, anyone know what is the actual starting time is for the ridiculous home opener VS RPI on a FRIGGIN sunday afternoon/night? Posters on RPI's thread say 3PM but HE schedule says 7PM. It's hard to fathom a 7 PM Sunday night home opener
                            Pats game?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Keep in mind, the RPI opener is the long weekend so 7pm... it's not that bad.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Keep in mind, the RPI opener is the long weekend so 7pm... it's not that bad.
                                yeah, true, I didnt realize that. it's not a three day weekend for me however .............but is it 3pm or 7pm? I did notice that there are only two sunday home dates and none after Army 11/10 so that's good

Comment

Working...
                                X