This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Agreed the 1st row balcony seats are awesome but the "experience" that goes along with it sucks. By experience I mean dealing with the students but maybe if I went to a non-BC game where only diehards were there I woul dhave a different POV
    And a lot more seats to choose from.
    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Not that NU looks to be all that interested in investing in the Hockey Program, but I think it's time to admit that Matthews is not a plus in the recruiting game. Local prospects know that the only time the old place rocks is when BU or BC visit, and that most other nights it's just Family and Friends. Student support is reflected in the teams record. The Matthews experience gets old quick for the majority of new students. It is hard to sell to a recruit that you are committed to being a contending Program and then show them the Arena, while other schools are offering newer (by decades) amenities. Bottom line: NU has to show recruits that they are serious and it starts with where they will be playing (and who they will be playing for).

Comment

Jerry looking good in that picture on front page of USCHO. Here's to hoping that all that he went through last year medically is behind him and he's in great shape for the new year. We are within 60 days of the opener

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Very fair assessment.
          That was my response as well. Very well said.

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          Not that NU looks to be all that interested in investing in the Hockey Program
          They just spend a bajillion dollars on renovating the place...
          but I think it's time to admit that Matthews is not a plus in the recruiting game.
          I disagree with this.
          Local prospects know that the only time the old place rocks is when BU or BC visit, and that most other nights it's just Family and Friends.
          This is true for most schools in Hockey East.

When you consider how freaking terrible their team has been since Thiessen left, it's pretty amazing how they still pack that place to the brim for BC and BU games.

You're kidding yourself if you think NU is below average in term of atmosphere.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Just renewed and bought two upper level seats for Frozen Fenway. Tomorrow is the online deadline. Also received an application in the mail that had a later date, the 21st or 23rd (can't remember the exact date). Anyone else notice this?
            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Noticed that as well. Believe it was the 23rd.

Passed on the Frozen Fenway idea. Figured I could always buy tickets later if I decide I want to go.

BTW we're going to be pretty shorthanded for that one. McCoshen, Santini, Matheson (maybe) & Demko all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                Just renewed and bought two upper level seats for Frozen Fenway. Tomorrow is the online deadline. Also received an application in the mail that had a later date, the 21st or 23rd (can't remember the exact date). Anyone else notice this?
                no, i didnt notice. i paid zero attention to the Fenway stuff but enjoy yourself, it will be fun the first time

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  no, i didnt notice. i paid zero attention to the Fenway stuff but enjoy yourself, it will be fun the first time
                  I've been to the previous two frozen fenways involving BC as well. I know it'll be miserable but I rather go than not go. This fad won't last forever and I think its unique *enough* to go as long as they have it.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

I've been to the previous two frozen fenways involving BC as well. I know it'll be miserable but I rather go than not go. This fad won't last forever and I think its unique *enough* to go as long as they have it.
                    From the BU side I ended up making the same decision for pretty much the exact reason you described..It won't be nearly as exciting as the first time... But should still be fun for the "event" sake of it.

Comment

Yeah, i get that but the older you get the less one is willing to tolerate the elements

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      From the BU side I ended up making the same decision for pretty much the exact reason you described..It won't be nearly as exciting as the first time... But should still be fun for the "event" sake of it.
                      A small part of the reason i decline to go is there there's no way in hell anything can approach the first one. BC-BU, the newness, the snow , the whole setting was just surreal. You knew you were witnessing something special as far as a Boston event is concerned

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        A small part of the reason i decline to go is there there's no way in hell anything can approach the first one. BC-BU, the newness, the snow , the whole setting was just surreal. You knew you were witnessing something special as far as a Boston event is concerned
                        I agree. That BC-BU game, even though the outcome wasn't ideal, was such an experience!

Comment

I agree. That BC-BU game, even though the outcome wasn't ideal, was such an experience!
                          and , I have always thought that that game was the stepping stone for BC's run to the National Championship. During that game you could see the team starting to click all of a sudden............ and the rest, as they say is history

Comment

Hey the last 2x we've done Frozen Fenway, something has happened come April....

Comment

What do you guys think of these combos.

Johnny G- Cangelosi- Calnan

Fitzgerald- Hayes- Arnold

Smith- Brown/Gilmour- Richardson

Straight- Gilmour/Brown- Gaudreau/Silk

Matheson- Santini

McCoshen- Macleod

Doherty- Linell

Demko/Barone/Billett

Comment

^^^ who the heck knows what the freshman will do? At least we have some talented (supposedly) new blood coming which is what was needed. We are within 6 weeks from getting a glimpse

Comment

Working...
                                X