Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Is Jerry having trouble counting scholarships too? Must be his bad eye causing problems, no?
    sure why not

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Did you even see Freddy play at bu?!?!?
      Before today I didn't even know he *went* to BU but this forum has trained me to know that he was a hack, at least.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Before today I didn't even know he *went* to BU but this forum has trained me to know that he was a hack, at least.
        Didn't think you 'went" to BU but more like stumbled into the place
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Did you even see Freddy play at bu?!?!?
          I sure did. He WAS a hack. Prestin Ryan was even worse though.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Here's kind of a summary on recruiting for next year and a bit about the ntdp guys.

We have 4 forwards in all likelihood leaving after this year, Hayes, Arnold, Brown and Johnny G. We have 3 "definites" for next year in Milano, Tuch, and Sanford. Then Dudenk and Macmaster are either coming in 2014 or 2015. Also wouldn't be surprised to see a forward or two transfer out at the end of the year because of either being cut or lack of pt.

Now as far as threats from the CHL. McMahon reiterated today that the CHL will be coming hard at Milano, rights held by Plymouth, and Hanifin, rights held by Qubec Remparts. Hanifin will have a full court press put on him by Quebec because he looks to be the best talent to come out of New England in 10-15 years if not more, theres talks of him being a top 5 nhl draft pick. Then with Milano, Plymouth has been notorious for convincing big time NCAA recruits to come play there, see JT Miller(NoDak), Connor Carrick (mich), Ryan Hartman (Miami). Also don't be super enthused by him deciding to commit to another school so quick and this late in the process. See Michael Mccarron who last year decommitted from Michigan State then committed to Western Michigan then decided to play for London in the OHL after he was drafted in the 1st round by Montreal. Played 2 yrs of NTDP like Milano and his brother played college hockey for Cornell.

Also no one knows/ is saying when Milano came to his decision about decommitting from ND and then when he committed to BC. It was all reported in one fell swoop, just was put out there BC beat the other schools to the punch.

By the way cannot find any reports of Hanifin accelerating and I've looked pretty hard. Usually its fairly well known a player is accelerating to attend college a year early, but again you never know. I think Krieder accelerated a bit late to come in so it is possible.

Comment

wasn't it hanafin at the draft last year with bobby orr? i seem to recall the commentators seeing him and letting everyone know that he could be the top pick when it's his turn, and one of the top picks if he was eligible for that draft then.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                wasn't it hanafin at the draft last year with bobby orr? i seem to recall the commentators seeing him and letting everyone know that he could be the top pick when it's his turn, and one of the top picks if he was eligible for that draft then.
                I believe you are correct.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

It wasn't at the draft. It was at the Stanley Cup Finals. He was with Orr and McDavid.
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    Does anyone have any details on Jim Logue night at Conte? I heard it was 12/6, but need confirmation. I'd like to attend, he's been a staple of BC hockey, both in recent and not so recent history.
                    I hadn't even heard ther was a Logue night until this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      It wasn't at the draft. It was at the Stanley Cup Finals. He was with Orr and McDavid.
                      Ah that's it
                      Thank you
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

have the game on 850 AM

rish said they are calling the game from behind one of the nets. that's odd. didn't know that about bright. with all the money that university brings in you'd think they could make some upgrades!

demko on the road to recovery, but they aren't sure if he will be ready for the game at maine.

Comment

outshot harvard 17-3 in first but only up 1-0. that could be an ominous sign. doherty led with 4.

Comment

I'm here with Fivehole12 and it should be 4-0 minimum. Total domination yet 1-0

Comment

Not a good feeling , many grade A chances

Comment

Harvard with the better of it 5 minutes in. 19-8 sog

Comment

Working...
                                X