Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

York made it seem like Demko could be back for the Maine game. Billett had a great two games against UMass. Either way, I think Maine has a good chance of winning. Both NU and UMass played BC tough, so I don't see why Maine wouldn't be able to up there.
    As one who thinks Demko gives us the best shot to win every night I see no reason to play Demko until Holy Cross. Billett was very impressive this weekend.

Regarding Linell, one thing I do like is York putting him up front on the PK. I actually really like all of the units for the PK they've been rolling out of late. Putting Johnny out there when they're trying to spring a goal, Linell up front, and obviously Brown & Smith are a great pair.

Also, I have been surprised Jeke hsan't gotten a game or two. I really liked what I saw last year and with Santini out he's certainly one who can bring the physicality on the blueline.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      If both Milano and Hanafin show up next year, BC will almost certainly have the best recruiting class in the country again.
      Is Hanifin accelerating a year in school? Hadnt heard this yet, but that would be a very good sign towards him coming to BC.

Also, dont want to rain on the parade but there are big concerns about losing Milano to the OHL. Mike McMahon is already reporting its a big concern from BC sources. This obviously doesn't mean a thing right now but it wouldnt be the first time something like this happened with a BC commit.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Some interesting stats as we're at the quarter point:

Kevin Hayes already has as many goals in 11 games as he did last year in 27
        Powerplay has gone cold of late, 2 for 19 in HE. I actually like what I've seen of late, that unit where they load up with McCoshen & Matheson up top is impressive.
        Last year in 38 games, BC outshot the opponents by 12, this year they're already at +59
        Don't see either of them challenging Dumoulin's FR +40 but McCoshen is at +12, Santini +10

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Don't see either of them challenging Dumoulin's FR +40 but McCoshen is at +12, Santini +10
          LOL Dumoulin's +40

Comment

Minnesota- North Dakota running away with poll so far. Vote for BC-BU as best rivalry here

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...e-gostisbehere
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Does anyone have any details on Jim Logue night at Conte? I heard it was 12/6, but need confirmation. I'd like to attend, he's been a staple of BC hockey, both in recent and not so recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                As far as kids decommiting, I'm not a huge fan of it. If there are some kind of mitigating circumstances like the coach leaving or something its one thing, but
                situations like with Roy, Wade Murphy, and Milano are bad news for college hockey.
                To clarify, I'm not a fan of it either...but what can you do? I checked the BC hockey blogger on Twitter and here is a tweet from Mike McMahon:

"Told that part of Milano’s decision to attend BC had to do with preferring their style of playing. Felt it "fit his offensive creativity."

Seems logical to me. Now, you might be saying well shouldn't he have known this at the time he chose ND? I would say yes. And that's why the "blame" in this case should fall on him.

Also, for the holier than thou trolls, another tweet from someone named Russ Bitely:

"Milano was decommiting from ND. BC was swift enough to beat Minny, BU, Mich, Miami to the punch. Christmas comes early in Boston."

So this wasn't a case of BC secretly trying to steal a kid from ND. Milano made the decision and opened up the recruiting process again.

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                Also, dont want to rain on the parade but there are big concerns about losing Milano to the OHL. Mike McMahon is already reporting its a big concern from BC sources. This obviously doesn't mean a thing right now but it wouldnt be the first time something like this happened with a BC commit.
                Not that this means anything, but the "kid" says the staff doesn't have any concerns over this. I guess my question would be why change from ND to another school at this point in time if you were still seriously considering major junior? Hard to believe all those schools would be in on him if they had serious concerns.

Comment

Well then OG, how many minutes were counted between the leaving nd folds and joining bc recruit list? Hmmmmmm?!?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

i don't speak mookie, i speak english

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      Is Hanifin accelerating a year in school? Hadnt heard this yet, but that would be a very good sign towards him coming to BC.
                      I know this might seem weird, but is there any chance BC brings him in half way through next season? Colleges do this (Freddy Meyer at BU, Alex Beaudry at Providence, etc). This way, he is 18 (bascially) when he arrives, instead of 17 and 1/2. It doesn't force him to crame a years worth of school work into this summer, in order to graduate. Plus, I think he is more likely to come back the following season (for 2015-16). If he plays a full year next season, he may be more likely to bolt. NHL teams probably want to see more than 3 months of college action from him (January-March). It also means he is at BC for two postseasons, not just one. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        I know this might seem weird, but is there any chance BC brings him in half way through next season? Colleges do this (Freddy Meyer at BU, Alex Beaudry at Providence, etc). This way, he is 18 (bascially) when he arrives, instead of 17 and 1/2. It doesn't force him to crame a years worth of school work into this summer, in order to graduate. Plus, I think he is more likely to come back the following season (for 2015-16). If he plays a full year next season, he may be more likely to bolt. NHL teams probably want to see more than 3 months of college action from him (January-March). It also means he is at BC for two postseasons, not just one. Just throwing it out there.
                        I might be wrong about this, but I believe kids who do this can't receive any scholarship money for that half year. He would basically be paying $30,000 to play 20 or so games. I think he could find better value elsewhere. It would be nice if more kids could do it. I could see it making sense in a lot of cases.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          i don't speak mookie, i speak english
                          How
                          Many
                          Minutes
                          Elapsed
                          Between
                          The
                          Time
                          He
                          Deco mittens
                          From
                          ND
                          And
                          Committed
                          To
                          BC
                          ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I might be wrong about this, but I believe kids who do this can't receive any scholarship money for that half year. He would basically be paying $30,000 to play 20 or so games. I think he could find better value elsewhere. It would be nice if more kids could do it. I could see it making sense in a lot of cases.
                            Assuming BC has already given out all 18 then yes, but they could have given out just 17.5 in the fall to save one for him. Maybe Sullivan was on a partial and York didn't give that money to someone already on the roster once he cut him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              Freddy Meyer
                              Freddy Meyer is a hack.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Freddy Meyer is a hack.
                                Did you even see Freddy play at bu?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X