Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    $50 for a frozen fenway ticket...highway robbery
    And thats for the $h!tty seats, $75 if you actually want to see the game.

Comment

$50 for a frozen fenway ticket...highway robbery
      agree. i paid $90 a ticket in State Street Pavilion ( third base roof boxes) second row, for the first one vs BU and it was worth it. This event ain't that event, IMO. Ill see it on TV

Comment

Originally posted by slasher911 View Post
        Getting ready for the next season, dug up some BC/Dartmouth photos from last season that I never got the chance to post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8829835...7634836206533/

Good game. Kelley Rink is one of the nicer arenas I've been to.
        Don't get to many rinks?

Comment

Nothing wrong with Conte now that air conditioning is finally being installed...

I don't know where it stands in comparison to every rink, but it's certainly above average.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Conte now that air conditioning is finally being installed...

I don't know where it stands in comparison to every rink, but it's certainly above average.
            no doubt. After HAA , Tsongas and Notre Dame's beauty it's next in line in HE, IMO (please, no Mullins or Matthews or even Whitt, I'm all set with them )

Comment

I know this will invite our friends from down the road but I hate Matthews

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                i like Northeastern but do not like Matthews though it was great for high school hockey in the 70's . It is required for a hockey fan to go once but after the first time there's no need to go again unless you are following your team

Comment

Haha... I like Matthews, and Lawler. Not the Gut... crappy seats for us visitors up there.

Any season ticket holders here? I've been for 16 years and never received notice, via email or US postal, that renewals were now open. Thanks to Claver mentioning it at EA, I went online and renewed. Renewals expire on August 16th. After that, you could lose your seats.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

More incompetence from ticket office

Comment

More incompetence from ticket office
                      thanks FiveHole...........JD, I guess they just weren't going to tell us that they aren't mailing anything out any longer, huh? They sent the email about renewing for the great $5 discount but i dont recall it saying that was the only way to renew. UFB

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        thanks FiveHole...........JD, I guess they just weren't going to tell us that they aren't mailing anything out any longer, huh? They sent the email about renewing for the great $5 discount but i dont recall it saying that was the only way to renew. UFB
                        Welcome to our world...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          The gentleman that used to sit behind me for years was a long, long time season ticket holder. Not only for hockey, but also basketball and football, and supported every BC team. We would be chatting on the concourse and he'd be saying hi to students, by name, as they walked by... it was a softball player, or baseball player, etc. This guy's blood was maroon and gold.

Anyway, ticket office never sent him the hockey renewal application one year. He finally realized it was near September and he hadn't heard anything, so he called the ticket office. They had sold his seats after the deadline. The ticket office made no attempt to contact him to see if he was going to renew, etc. Just kissed him off after all those years and sold his seats. They wound up getting him two other seats in the lower bowl, but geezuss.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            I can see that, the seats they sell as the "visitors section" at Matthews are pretty poor. I think you only really take pride in the history of the building if its your home rink and as far as seating goes, 1st row balcony (especially behind the benches), is a superior vantage point to any rink I've ever been in. All of those seats are taken by season ticket holders and students though. Rows 2-6 in the balcony aren't steep enough and it is hard to see over the person in front of you and the lower bowl is pretty standard for an old barn. Definitely a similar situation to Red Sox fans loving Fenway, while Yankees, Jays and Orioles fans are sick of the cramped seating and lack of amenities.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              The gentleman that used to sit behind me for years was a long, long time season ticket holder. Not only for hockey, but also basketball and football, and supported every BC team. We would be chatting on the concourse and he'd be saying hi to students, by name, as they walked by... it was a softball player, or baseball player, etc. This guy's blood was maroon and gold.

Anyway, ticket office never sent him the hockey renewal application one year. He finally realized it was near September and he hadn't heard anything, so he called the ticket office. They had sold his seats after the deadline. The ticket office made no attempt to contact him to see if he was going to renew, etc. Just kissed him off after all those years and sold his seats. They wound up getting him two other seats in the lower bowl, but geezuss.
                              you just can't make this sh*t up

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                I can see that, the seats they sell as the "visitors section" at Matthews are pretty poor. I think you only really take pride in the history of the building if its your home rink and as far as seating goes, 1st row balcony (especially behind the benches), is a superior vantage point to any rink I've ever been in. All of those seats are taken by season ticket holders and students though. Rows 2-6 in the balcony aren't steep enough and it is hard to see over the person in front of you and the lower bowl is pretty standard for an old barn. Definitely a similar situation to Red Sox fans loving Fenway, while Yankees, Jays and Orioles fans are sick of the cramped seating and lack of amenities.
                                Very fair assessment.

Agreed the 1st row balcony seats are awesome but the "experience" that goes along with it sucks. By experience I mean dealing with the students but maybe if I went to a non-BC game where only diehards were there I woul dhave a different POV

Comment

Working...
                                X