PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

joegrav
12-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Thought this would be of interest to some folks on this board: incoming mayor Marty Walsh's inauguration is going to be held at Conte Forum on January 6. Of course, this has caused some of our friends to freak out about Conte Forum being "not in Boston"!11!1! because they obviously know better than the incoming mayor, maps, etc. what does and does not constitute being in Boston.

This should be pretty amusing to watch.

carltonbarrett
12-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Couple future Eagles faced off tonight in the USHL when Waterloo played the USA U-17 team. Colin White finished with 2 goals and Zach Sanford had a goal and 2 assists. White has 8 goals in 17 USHL games which is VERY impressive for a first year, 16 year old. That kid is gonna be good, real good...

claver2010
12-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Thought this would be of interest to some folks on this board: incoming mayor Marty Walsh's inauguration is going to be held at Conte Forum on January 6. Of course, this has caused some of our friends to freak out about Conte Forum being "not in Boston"!11!1! because they obviously know better than the incoming mayor, maps, etc. what does and does not constitute being in Boston.

This should be pretty amusing to watch.

Based on the above & what Bates said about tailgating this past week, maybe BC will have a better relationship with the mayor's office this time around?

J.D.
12-16-2013, 09:02 AM
if i'm not mistaken, walsh is a BC grad...so that should help.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-16-2013, 10:58 AM
what Bates said about tailgating this past week

What was that?

claver2010
12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
What was that?

BC held their annual Christmas party at Fenway last week and Bates was the speaker. After he told a funny story about Pat Brown winning the shootout in Minnesota but after there was a Q&A

Someone asked about extending the tailgating hours. He prefaced it by talking about his history in the SEC where the RVs would roll in on Wednesday and how he was very surprised by all the restrictions at BC but it is on the mayor's desk and with the change in office he's hopeful for a change.

Joe also asked about hosting NCAA regionals which he replied favorably to. I missed some of the answer, but Joe would know the specifics.

joegrav
12-16-2013, 11:54 AM
BC held their annual Christmas party at Fenway last week and Bates was the speaker. After he told a funny story about Pat Brown winning the shootout in Minnesota but after there was a Q&A

Someone asked about extending the tailgating hours. He prefaced it by talking about his history in the SEC where the RVs would roll in on Wednesday and how he was very surprised by all the restrictions at BC but it is on the mayor's desk and with the change in office he's hopeful for a change.

Joe also asked about hosting NCAA regionals which he replied favorably to. I missed some of the answer, but Joe would know the specifics.

I actually think Bates might not have heard my whole question and was hinting at Boston hosting the Frozen Four when he said BC would have "exciting news to announce on the hosting front." I could be wrong though. Would certainly be nice to see BC host a regional, especially if they could do it on-campus.

As for the tailgating thing, yes Bates certainly strongly hinted that they were hopeful to improve things under the new administration. His direct response to the question of "Will we be able to tailgate longer?" started with "I hope so." No doubt they're working on it. It's at some level out of BC's hands, but there's no doubt Bates is pushing the issue harder than GDF would have.

With the incoming mayor being a proud BC alum I'm hopeful that there can be some neat partnerships between the school and city that also pay off in terms of BC getting a little more of what they want in terms of construction and tailgate restrictions. BC already has some great partnerships with city institutions through programs like City Connects (fantastic program run by the Lynch School) and what the school does for St. Columbkille's. Would be nice to see things like this expand.

J.D.
12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
miami hosted an NCAA hockey regional while bates was AD there, correct? if so, at the very least it's not a foreign concept like i'm sure it was to Gene.

claver2010
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
I actually think Bates might not have heard my whole question and was hinting at Boston hosting the Frozen Four when he said BC would have "exciting news to announce on the hosting front." I could be wrong though. Would certainly be nice to see BC host a regional, especially if they could do it on-campus.

Yeah this is why I let you answer it caues I was confused about Bates' response as well.

sterlippo1
12-16-2013, 01:28 PM
miami hosted an NCAA hockey regional while bates was AD there, correct? if so, at the very least it's not a foreign concept like i'm sure it was to Gene.

LMAO...................... of course, he knew about hosting BBall though but even that was not enough to save the program from being run into the ground. Speaking of that, I hope Bates is as successful hiring a new BBall coach in the upcoming off season as he was with the football hire .............. So we got a hot RB recruit decommit from Rutgers and commit to BC? Think that would have happened one year ago?

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-football-recruiting-class-2014/2013/12/14/5211314/boston-college-football-recruiting-jonathan-hilliman-flips-commitment-rutgers

props to BCI:)

claver2010
12-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Fitzgerald cut from the WJC team. Santini, McCoshen, & Demko make it.

3 of BC's class of 2013 will be at the garden tonight: Kreider, Dumoulin, & Samuelsson.

sigx15
12-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Fitzgerald cut from the WJC team. Santini, McCoshen, & Demko make it.

3 of BC's class of 2013 will be at the garden tonight: Kreider, Dumoulin, & Samuelsson.

Dont see any of the 3 getting cut, but they still need to trim the roster by 3. Next cut is supposed to be around December 23rd after their two exhibition games in Sweden.

J.D.
12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Tough break for Fitzgerald as he's not eligible for next year's WJC. He's been great so far this year, happy to have him back for those games but still wish he made the team for his sake. I believe they keep three goalies, so while Demko probably won't get any time in the games, he'll be on the roster.

claver2010
12-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Correct, though Demko is the odds on favorite to be the starter next year.

J.D.
12-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Claver, along with the guys you mentioned...

Boyle
Gibbons
Kobasew

and scuderi/orpik hurt

Crazy

claver2010
12-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Don't think they went 5 minutes without mentioning BC last night :D

Kreider always worked very well with Stepan. Annoying it took until this season for them to be put together full time.

Dumoulin was very good once he settled down. That bank pass to Crosby was awesome.

mookie1995
12-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Dumoulin was very good once he settled down. That bank pass to Crosby was awesome.

Didn't really enjoy the windmill he tried to show us when he gave up the first nyr goal :( :mad:

J.D.
12-20-2013, 12:29 PM
so this football game against notre dame in 2015 was originally set for south bend. it's going to be an ND "home" game at fenway with the irish still playing at alumni the next time around. i thought this was going to end up the other way around as usual when involving them.

mookie1995
12-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Does Fenway hold more or less than your field out west? (Mookie would also like to go, so whomever wants to take me, thanks! :D )

Nick Papagiorgio
12-20-2013, 03:32 PM
All in all an interesting arrangement. Obviously playing football (or hockey) at Fenway Park is monumentally stupid. This takes out an ND home game, not a BC home game. So, it's nice BC will retain their home game at Alumni Stadium in 2017 and the fans/team won't have to travel so a cornfield in Indiana. UND will get the gate which is fine (how many tickets will BC be allotted? That is the question). At half the size of their stadium, you have to figure the ticket price for Fenway will be double what they get now (around the $90 range I think... so assume a ticket price just south of $200) to generate similar revenue. BC will get tremendous marketing from being in this and the television ratings will be insane. Hopefully this class Daz is putting together currently can really take care of business and do a good job as sophomores and redshirt freshmen. Not sure what is left to work with above that...