This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerryj View Post
    Had Milano decommitted or was BC recruiting him while he was verbally committed to notre dame? (honest question- I don't remember hearing of him decommitting)
    POACHERS!!!! jerry has no integrity
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

This thread should be renamed troll city

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        POACHERS!!!! jerry has no integrity
        Maybe Jerry can poach Eichel from Quinn and bring in the whole line from the ntdp.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
          Maybe Jerry can poach Eichel from Quinn and bring in the whole line from the ntdp.
          would not surprise mookie...
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            would not surprise mookie...
            Probably crossed Eichel's mind by now about de-committing from BU and heading to BC instead, especially after the combined recent 12-1 arse whipping at the hands of BU's two biggest rivals in BC and Maine. It must be awfully depressing for him to be around Milano and Tuch day in and day out and see their enthusiasm for BC, knowing full well he's Likely heading down a dead end path in going to BU.
            Last edited by carltonbarrett; 11-17-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

the fanboys would be inconsolable and that of course would be fantastic for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Probably crossed Eichel's mind by now about de-committing from BU and heading to BC instead, especially after the combined recent 12-1 arse whipping at the hands of BU's two biggest rivals in BC and Maine. It must be awfully depressing for him to be around Milano and Tuch day in and day out and see their enthusiasm for BC, knowing full well he's Likely heading down a dead end path in going to BU.
                Things are never as good or as bad as you think. From an outsider it seems like these are strange times at BC; players getting cut, nicking other team's recruits, not playing two decent enough defenseman while there you have a converted forward back there. You guys are obviously a lot closer to the team than me but seem like some rather odd things going on for a team who has had plenty of recent success.

As far as this weekend goes, who will be in net for BC? I think Maine has a chance if Billet plays but can't see them winning with Demko in net.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Only one player was cut and it's not like he was kicked out of school. The kid obviously wanted to play hockey and he simply wasn't gonna get the playing time here, there are no guarantees of ice time for anyone. Wish him nothing but the best. If he proves he's good enough, he'll catch on somewhere.

And players have been committing to schools and then bolting for major junior as well as decommitting from a school to go to another school for years now. It happens all over the country. I thought people had just come to the realization that this is what it's like in this era of college hockey, but maybe not. In the end, these are young kids we're talking about. Combine that with overzealous parents and "family advisers"...it leads to chaos out there. Sometimes they simply change their mind. It happens more and more. I've begrudgingly come to accept these things about the game we love. We've seen example after example in regard to how a verbal commitment really means nothing anymore. This can be on the kid/his circle and then you also see examples where teams try to push a kid back a year. If the kid doesn't want to do it, he looks elsewhere. What I don't know is if there have been discussions on changing the current system of verbal commitments, recruiting timelines, etc. Really have no idea how coaches feel about this stuff. Seems to be one of those things the coaches have just come to accept. People need to get used to it whether they like it or not.

Of all the things you mentioned, the Linell on defense move is the one thing that is odd. He's turned it around lately and has played better back there, but it definitely still worries me when big games roll around. I can only hope him being back there doesn't directly lead to losses in those games. Have to wait and see I guess.

York made it seem like Demko could be back for the Maine game. Billett had a great two games against UMass. Either way, I think Maine has a good chance of winning. Both NU and UMass played BC tough, so I don't see why Maine wouldn't be able to up there.

Comment

It's not a shocker or a surprise that someone is interested in changing their commitment and jumping to BC. And it's not shocking that we're talking about absolute elite players doing this.

That being said, yes the fact that BC cut a defenseman and then went and put a forward on defense is peculiar to say the least. Particularly with other actual defensemen on the roster that are decent... all that being said, Linell has been decent lately but I do believe it will be an ultimate fatal flaw if this plan continues into March. However, this isn't exactly the first time York has done this. We've seen Joe Whitney back there and Brian Boyle back there. We've just never seen this so early in the season in an effort to get the puck moving better when we have a real defensemen who can... move the puck (Doherty).

So as far as I'm concerned, the sky is still blue, BC wins lots of hockey games, Umass fans are dumb... pretty much same old, same old.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

If both Milano and Hanafin show up next year, BC will almost certainly have the best recruiting class in the country again.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        That being said, yes the fact that BC cut a defenseman and then went and put a forward on defense is peculiar to say the least.
                        I didn't think of it in this regard. That's a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          We've seen Joe Whitney back there and Brian Boyle back there.
                          And the Boyle on defense experiment worked out well...right up until it cost them the national championship. I know Jerry and his staff have more than earned the benefit of the doubt, but Linell is NOT a defenseman and they WILL get burned eventually if they continue to act as if he is. If they were shorthanded back there, I would kind of understand, but Doherty is perfectly serviceable back there. I just don't get it. And no one is going to get it if in March he gets turned like a turnstile the way Tim Kennedy turned Boyle.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Seems like everyone is in agreement in regard to Linell.

Cross Check, I know what you're saying about Boyle in the title game, but the experiment actually did work pretty well. They bumped up little known freshman Ben Smith to that top line and that was a terrific move. Boyle played pretty well on D and looked like he belonged. I remember even reading things about how he would fare as a defenseman at the next level.

Comment

I could possibly see Linell playing over Jeke or Sullivan when he was here, but Doherty was pretty solid last year as a freshman and was a fairly highly regarded recruit. The only thing I can think of is that with all the bodies around, there's no room for a defenseman recruit next year and York knows he's going to need Linell to be a regular back there next year along with Jeke, so he's trying to get him as much playing time back there as possible now, but will eventually insert Doherty when the games become more important.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                I could possibly see Linell playing over Jeke or Sullivan when he was here, but Doherty was pretty solid last year as a freshman and was a fairly highly regarded recruit. The only thing I can think of is that with all the bodies around, there's no room for a defenseman recruit next year and York knows he's going to need Linell to be a regular back there next year along with Jeke, so he's trying to get him as much playing time back there as possible now, but will eventually insert Doherty when the games become more important.
                                Is there any chance Jeke leaves in December? I believe he hasn't played any games this year so could transfer and have two and a half years at another school.

As far as kids decommiting, I'm not a huge fan of it. If there are some kind of mitigating circumstances like the coach leaving or something its one thing, but
                                situations like with Roy, Wade Murphy, and Milano are bad news for college hockey.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X