This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAAfan500 View Post
    They want to have a productive NHL career? BC isn't exactly churning out NHL forwards in the past 20 years other than Gionta it's been slim pickings on forwards that have actually been productive.
    While I wish the ex- Eagles good luck and success And I follow them I really only care about what they do in Maroon and Gold and jerry has had a little bit of success in bringing talent here and molding that talent into FF contenders

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

On another note, did anyone see the post football game goings on inside Alumni on the field?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

JD why do you feed the trolls? I'm shocked Amherst is still standing (though no one would be disappointed if it wasn't) after they grabbed a point Friday night

Sterlippo, I was there and it was awesome. I wasn't in love with the addazio hire but he's proven me wrong. This is the same team from last year, what he's done in less than a year is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Sterlippo, I was there and it was awesome. I wasn't in love with the addazio hire but he's proven me wrong. This is the same team from last year, what he's done in less than a year is amazing
          I was wet watching that and they showed a lot of it on TV. I know we have a real good recruiting class coming in but there may be a slight step back next year as we lose the top three players on the team, Andre, Amidon and Rettig...........I think Freese is a senior too (he's REALLY good)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            I can't believe Jerry knowingly convinced the officials to make an illegal review. I always thought he had more integrity than that.
            Folks, from the standpoint of the HE officiating brotherhood, there's a new Jack Parker in town ... and his name is Jerry York.

Not sure I see it being an integrity issue, TBH. York coaches BC, and part of his job is to advocate for his team.

If some underprepared and/or intimidated HE official(s) fall for it, then that's not Coach York's fault.

Seeing the replay on the UMA website, I doubt Coach Micheletto knew the rule either - or else he'd have gone nuts.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Does chuck count as a troll? How many times does it need to be pointed out that the rule book as it reads right now is NOT up to date and that the memo sent in july did not properly exclude internet streaming replay as a source that can be used (an admission from joe bertagna in one of the links the moron umass fan provided)?...hence the necessary clarification of "effective immediately" as in going forward. It's really pretty simple to understand.

As I said elsewhere this league is *** backwards and apparently so are some of its fans. We constantly get on these refs for being terrible, yet they ultimately get a crucial call correct...but people are up in arms over how they came to the conclusion? Backwards.

And by the way, BC leads hockey east in PIMS per game (league games only).

Comment

The replay showed that it was blatantly off sides, so regardless of how they got there, the correct call was made, end of story... If you want to talk about a hose job, explain to me how (A) BC's first goal Friday night was overturned and (B) how Santini got a penalty (5 min major) and game DQ for a completely clean, albeit brutal, hit?

Comment

was also at the football game yesterday. they haven't beaten any great teams, but they've been a lot more competitive against them (FSU and Clemson) than just about any other team in the league. They've beaten who they need to beat. Terrific coaching job by Addazio this year and he seems to already be recruiting well. Future is bright for the program, although with the key seniors they lose this year, wouldn't be surprised at all if they take a baby step backwards next year. Anyone know how the future of UConn football is looking?

Comment

Had Milano decommitted or was BC recruiting him while he was verbally committed to notre dame? (honest question- I don't remember hearing of him decommitting)

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                      Had Milano decommitted or was BC recruiting him while he was verbally committed to notre dame? (honest question- I don't remember hearing of him decommitting)
                      Seemed to happen all at once, but I haven't seen anything reported in regard to why he decommitted from ND. Quite possible he knew for a while he didn't wanna go there and kept things a secret (from the public), but again, nobody really knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Seemed to happen all at once, but I haven't seen anything reported in regard to why he decommitted from ND. Quite possible he knew for a while he didn't wanna go there and kept things a secret (from the public), but again, nobody really knows.
                        Thanks.

That's interesting.. Milano might have been notre dames best prospect, and they have some good ones, so I can't imagine it was a matter of the coaching staff looking to delay his arrival or anything. south bend can't be happy

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                          south bend can't be happy
                          which is fine by me

even then, maybe they knew that he was having 2nd thoughts about his commitment.

Comment

Weather they got the call right is irrelevant. What matters is if Jerry knew the rule and did he know he was cheating by convincing the officials to illegally review the play.

Comment

LOL ok eric. If he was going off the memo that was sent out in July (you know, the one that our great commissioner himself has admitted wasn't worded as they intended)...then he did exactly what any coach should do. He called a timeout and asked if the play could be reviewed. The officials obliged. Stop being such a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Weather they got the call right is irrelevant. What matters is if Jerry knew the rule and did he know he was cheating by convincing the officials to illegally review the play.
                                I never thought that I would ever see the words "Jerry York" and "cheating" mentioned in the same sentence.

FWIW - illegal or not, good call
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X