Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

The rich get richer?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pretty awesome ability Jerry has had at getting really high end recruits to commit to BC late in the process. And for those of you that don't know, Sonny Milano has decommitted from Notre Dame and has committed to BC for the fall of 2014 according to the Kid. One of the top 3 recruits in the country.

Will help cushion the blow of losing Johnny, Kevin, and Arnold after the season.

Comment

Very happy milano opened things up and wasn't happy with his initial decision! To be honest, I don't know why any top forward prospect would want to play for jeff jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Wow... more new rules.
          Screening the goalie... not allowed.
          Checking the man with the puck... not allowed.

Are these new NCAA rules, new HE rules, or just new rules that apply to BC?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Milano to BC

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...tdp-jerry-york
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So, you all still think that York knows the rules better than everyone else?

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/nov16hea.php
              #NewMass

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Very happy milano opened things up and wasn't happy with his initial decision! To be honest, I don't know why any top forward prospect would want to play for jeff jackson
                They never wart to see the other side of the red line?
                Last edited by claver2010; 11-16-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I don't know why any top forward prospect would want to play for jeff jackson
                  They want to have a productive NHL career? BC isn't exactly churning out NHL forwards in the past 20 years other than Gionta it's been slim pickings on forwards that have actually been productive.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    They never wart to see the other side of the red line?
                    There's a wart on the other side? No wonder they don't go there.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                      So, you all still think that York knows the rules better than everyone else?

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/nov16hea.php
                      You are somehow getting dumber with every post. The link doesn't back you up, it backs me up:

"Second, offsides can only be reviewed in games that are televised, an expansion of the existing rule that previously limited review of offside and too many men on the ice to post-season championships only. The rule was extended to cover regular season televised games per a July memo from the NCAA"

I tried telling you that the memo sent in July was not an emphasis on an existing written rule in the rule book, it was an amendment to the rule. To spell that out for you, that amendment is not in the rule book as the rule book was published last year. In a previous link/quote, Bertagna or whoever it was already admitted that the memo did not specifically exclude internet streaming replay. What exactly do you not understand about this? It's why they had to make the clarification that going forward, internet streaming replay is not allowed. Get it through your head. I'm still amazed though that you're upset your team wasn't credited with a goal that was scored illegally to begin with. Care to address that? Actually, no, please don't.

Originally posted by NCAAfan500 View Post
                      They want to have a productive NHL career? BC isn't exactly churning out NHL forwards in the past 20 years other than Gionta it's been slim pickings on forwards that have actually been productive.
                      "actually been productive"...can only imagine what your definition of that is. i'm sure you'd define it so that it makes the BC forwards that are in the league look bad. anyway:

Cam Atkinson
                      Brian Boyle
                      Patrick Eaves
                      Benn Ferriero
                      Nathan Gerbe
                      Brian Gionta
                      Stephen Gionta
                      Jimmy Hayes
                      Chris Kreider
                      Ben Smith
                      Chuck Kobasew
                      Krys Kolanos
                      Marty Reasoner

Have all at the very least had a cup of coffee in the NHL.

I know Jackson coached elsewhere years ago, but what "productive" forwards has Jackson sent on to the NHL during his time at ND? Certainly not as many, nor the quality of the forwards BC has produced.

Comment

Something is going to have to give as we are already overloaded at forward this year and now we have 5 more top players coming in next year, while we probably only lose 4. I can't see Milano or Tuch (both of whom I might add have scored goals tonight) being delayed, but perhaps Dudek or McMaster will get pushed back a year. If we don't have massive defections, the 2015-2016 team could be one for the ages...
                        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 11-16-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

You are somehow getting dumber with every post. The link doesn't back you up, it backs me up:
                          Ok, so my point has been the goal shouldn't have been overturned. Your point has been it should have been.

The NCAA has said it shouldn't have been. Hockey East has said it shouldn't have been. And somehow, these links back you?

I am very happy that J.D. has no connection to my graduate alma mater except for being a fan of its hockey program. I'd lose a lot of faith in it as an institution otherwise.
                          #NewMass

Comment

Keep trying. There's obviously a reason you didn't quote the rest of my previous post. The fact of the matter is you're arguing that a goal should have counted when you know it was scored illegally regardless of what replay rules are. Do you realize how twisted that logic is? Your team got exactly what it deserved--a disallowed goal. Shouldn't matter how the refs came to that conclusion. They got the call right. That's all I ever want out of refs.

Comment

Well, no. It should not have been a goal. Your team was blatantly off freakin sides.

Offsides isn't reviewable in non televised game in the regular season. How much clearer can that be?

Comment

I give up

Comment

Working...
                                X