Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

4-0-1 at the quarter point of the HE schedule not bad

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Which now begs the question... why was Micheletto allowed to request a review, and receive, of Boston College's first goal last night. The goal was overturned.

That review last night had payback written all over it.
      I agree with this, overturning BC's first goal today really smells funny now that this has all come out. I'll try to GIF the situation early this afternoon so we can see just how bad or not bad the call was.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      4-0-1 at the quarter point of the HE schedule not bad
      Not great either when you consider that the games were against NU, UMass, and an apparently horrific BU team.

Also, can anyone come up with a good reason why 'online streams' are not reviewable but televised games are? That makes no sense.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        So I'm the idiot for calling you out for misrepresenting what YOU initially provided? Get your ducks in a row next time. Now, carry on with the belly aching over how your team should have been credited with an illegal goal. I still love that logic.
        Yes. You are an idiot. The memo is to clarify the what was released in July. It isn't to change anything. It clarifies it. Do you know what clarify means? If not, let me know and I'll post a definition for you.

I misrepresented nothing. You misinterpreted the post because you are an idiot. I hope this CLARIFIES my previous posts for you. Not that this is not CHANGE. You misinterpreted the link before because you were an idiot and you needed clarification because you were an idiot. This clarification does not change the fact you are an idiot. I assumed you were intelligent enough to understand the link without having everything spelled out for you. This was my mistake.

By the way, if we look at the rule as a whole, as we will below, and not cherry pick it by erasing the bolded section heading, it becomes quite clear that the officials were not allowed to review this call. Unfortunately, it seems that our beloved Hockey East Refs have the same reading comprehension skills as J.D.

93.4 NCAA Tournament Competition - During NCAA competition that is
        televised and where a video replay official is in use, game officials may
        use replay to correct an error on calling an offside or too many players on
        the ice that directly leads to a goal.
        For those of who need everything clearly spelled out for them, if you click this link: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/IH14.pdf and scroll down to the very bottom of page 86 of the document (which is labelled page 83, again for those that need everything CLARIFIED) you will see this in it's entirety.

Lastly, there is a huge difference between a missed call and not knowing the rule. No one is perfect and blown calls happen. I get that. But doing something completely against the rules is incompetence at its finest.

Good day to you all.
        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Also, can anyone come up with a good reason why 'online streams' are not reviewable but televised games are? That makes no sense.
          I believe there is concern over the quality of the online feed in use of replay. Whether that concern is justifiable or not is debatable.
          #NewMass

Comment

Hey you can only beat who's on the schedule. No bad losses so far on the year. No shame in losing at michigan and minnesota.

And completely agree that whether or not the game is on tv should be irrelevant. If you are able to clearly see something, the correct call should be made. If you don't have a clear view, call on the ice stands. How freakin hard is that?

Comment

Thank god jjmc is the only umass fan on here...dear lord what a moron

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                The NCAA has clarified this. The ruling was wrong. Coach York was wrong. Coach Michelleto was correct. It should have been a goal. Link: http://www.masslive.com/umasshockey/...l#incart_river
                Tough!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Dumbass, the rule book was published last year for a two season period. It's already been debunked that offsides can only be reviewed in NCAA tourney play. Thus, the rule book as it reads now is not entirely accurate. The memo that was sent this summer was NOT to emphasize an existing rule written in the rule book, it was an amendment if you will. That amendment did not properly exclude internet streaming as a replay source. That is exactly why they had to clarify their position.

After all this the bottom line is umass did not deserve that goal. And if you think they did, it should leave a bad taste in your mouth. And you only got a tie last night because of a terrible call on santini. Be happy you even got one point out of this weekend and then go play in traffic.

Comment

Finally, you wouldn't send a memo emphasizing a rule that we now know is not accurate in the rule book to begin with. While we don't have the exact contents of the memo, we do know that it did not properly exclude internet streaming review. Case closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Not great either when you consider that the games were against NU, UMass, and an apparently horrific BU team.
                      9 out of 10 points is great no matter who they have played. We're talking HE games here, it's a tough league.

I always get a kick out of umass fans. What a dumb team. Halfway through yet another snoozer with this worthless program I questioned what the point is of their existence. They really should just nuke that program. Never win anything. Never going to win anything. Just there to give us boring games that provide no entertainment.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        They're pretty much all like this. He is a good representation of the whole fan base aside from maybe Wardy.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Here's the play in question.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Q.../Waved+Off.gif
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Is that anyway to talk about your brother JD??? lol

Comment

While BC's defense is definitely upgraded compared to last year, I still think they are having to rely upon the same 4 or 5 forwards day in and day out to put the puck in the net. Sure Sit had that 3 goal outburst earlier in the year and Quinn can at times show some offense, but overall the bottom 2 lines are basically both 4th lines, at least at this point. I have pretty much given up on Silk and would like to see what Richardson can do, especially on one of the top lines. A third line of Calnan, Gilmour and Straight could prove to be effective perhaps.

Comment

I can't believe Jerry knowingly convinced the officials to make an illegal review. I always thought he had more integrity than that.
                                Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X