Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

I think maine just scored again

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

on the bright side, billett was very strong tonight...great weekend for him.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Who knew "excessive roughness" is actually a penalty? I've seen it all now
        I know. When I heard the call all I could think of was the guy asking Tom Hanks if he was serious about the sticky bomb near the end of Saving Private Ryan. I'm moderately sure the ref made it up on the spot. I'm sure Santini now has a rep with the refs. Welcome to Petrecki-Matheson territory. Anything close is a penalty.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Nah I remember it happening just a few years ago in merrimack-unh hockey east semifinal

Definitely rare though
          "game officials may use replay to correct an error on calling an offside or too many players on the ice that directly leads to a goal." (found that in the rule book)
          good work tony. here it is in the rule book:

A team may use its timeout for the purpose of reviewing situations that
          are in the video replay criteria or a potentially non-detected goal. If the
          challenge is successful, the team retains its timeout. This timeout policy
          applies to any video replay procedure used.
          The on-ice official makes the final decision.

Very interesting
          Originally posted by joegrav View Post

Not even questionable or controversial unless you're a UMass homer. Offsides. I had no idea you could actually review that, so I was confused at first, too -- but as it turns out, you can. Learn something new every day, I guess.

(That rule is new this year, right? So last year if NU scored when they were 6-on-5 at the Beanpot, the goal couldn't have been overturned, but this year, it could have been - right? I googled it and saw the QMJHL instituted this rule this season but couldn't find information about the college rule.)
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          So..... both wingers were offsides. HA!

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but from the quotes I'm seeing, York seems very confident on the rule change and knows the rules and took care of business last night and the Umass coaches didn't and are asking for clarification and want to hear from the league and director of officials. Is anyone surprised that York is on top of things?
          The NCAA has clarified this. The ruling was wrong. Coach York was wrong. Coach Michelleto was correct. It should have been a goal. Link: http://www.masslive.com/umasshockey/...l#incart_river
          #NewMass

Comment

Well, no. It should not have been a goal. Your team was blatantly off freakin sides.

Comment

And how about you try and actually read the memo. It says "in order to clarify, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, internet video replay WILL NO LONGER be allowed"

It never says the officials were wrong in what they did, etc.

Comment

The blogger even states that the memo that was sent out in the summer was not made available so nobody knows what it said. This memo was separate than anything in the rule book. Sounds to me like the memo they sent said absolutely nothing about not being able to use internet video replay hence the need to now clarify their position.

Comment

Nah I remember it happening just a few years ago in merrimack-unh hockey east semifinal

Definitely rare though
                  "game officials may use replay to correct an error on calling an offside or too many players on the ice that directly leads to a goal." (found that in the rule book)
                  good work tony. here it is in the rule book:

A team may use its timeout for the purpose of reviewing situations that
                  are in the video replay criteria or a potentially non-detected goal. If the
                  challenge is successful, the team retains its timeout. This timeout policy
                  applies to any video replay procedure used.
                  The on-ice official makes the final decision.

Very interesting
                  Originally posted by joegrav View Post

Not even questionable or controversial unless you're a UMass homer. Offsides. I had no idea you could actually review that, so I was confused at first, too -- but as it turns out, you can. Learn something new every day, I guess.

(That rule is new this year, right? So last year if NU scored when they were 6-on-5 at the Beanpot, the goal couldn't have been overturned, but this year, it could have been - right? I googled it and saw the QMJHL instituted this rule this season but couldn't find information about the college rule.)
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  So..... both wingers were offsides. HA!

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but from the quotes I'm seeing, York seems very confident on the rule change and knows the rules and took care of business last night and the Umass coaches didn't and are asking for clarification and want to hear from the league and director of officials. Is anyone surprised that York is on top of things?
                  And how about you try and actually read the memo. It says "in order to clarify, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, internet video replay WILL NO LONGER be allowed"

It never says the officials were wrong in what they did, etc.
                  How about you read this one. Idiot.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ials_erred.php
                  #NewMass

Comment

So I'm the idiot for calling you out for misrepresenting what YOU initially provided? Get your ducks in a row next time. Now, carry on with the belly aching over how your team should have been credited with an illegal goal. I still love that logic.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                      How about you read this one. Idiot.

Which now begs the question... why was Micheletto allowed to request a review, and receive, of Boston College's first goal last night. The goal was overturned.

That review last night had payback written all over it.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Jesus christ, I just read it and even bertagna says the memo sent in the summer "but it did not really define what it meant by televised games".

You really are an asshat.

Comment

He went on to defend the officials by saying "in fairness to them, etc."

I love how we're holding people accountable for ultimately getting a crucial call correct. What a grave injustice foor poor old umass.

Comment

When will joe come out and say the call on santini was wrong? Today??? Not holding my breath.

Comment

"Well, over the summer, the NCAA decided to expand that to any televised games, but it did not really define what it meant by televised games."

"I believe our officials erred twice," Bertagna said. "First, Boston College made the request to look at the review for an offside after taking their timeout, and that's not a situation you can request, so they didn't have the right to go to review even though Boston College called a timeout. Second, the game was streamed but that's not a television game. In fairness to the referees, the memo that went out in July (explaining the change in protocol) didn't establish what a television game was.

"(Friday) afternoon I called the NCAA and they issued a statement that this is not the type of play the referees had the right to overtun for offsides. We're going to take the rare step of issuing a statement (Saturday) to acknowledge they got it wrong in this application of the rulebook. Our players and our coaches are held accountable and we have to hold the officials accountable as well."

LOL... Joe Bertagna starts out saying that the NCCA did not define televised games so he, nor anyone else, actually knows at the time if the call is reviewable or not. BUT... let me throw the refs under the bus anyway... "I believe our officials erred twice,".

Then he goes on to say, again... "In fairness to the referees, the memo that went out in July (explaining the change in protocol) didn't establish what a television game was."

BUT, again, even though the refs, or Bertagna, actually don't know what the correct ruling would be at the time, the refs need to be squashed by the bus anyway... "(Friday) afternoon I called the NCAA and they issued a statement that this is not the type of play the referees had the right to overtun for offsides. We're going to take the rare step of issuing a statement (Saturday) to acknowledge they got it wrong in this application of the rulebook. Our players and our coaches are held accountable and we have to hold the officials accountable as well."

This blame game sounds like something that would come out of the White House, not a hockey commissioner.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

We got what we deserved last night. One point. Why is every game with these guys like scratching a blackboard? When I saw santini's hit, I thought it was a garbage call but expected them do do exactly what they did........ Almost got a shorty in OT. .......Billet looked really comfortable and in control, good to see. Tough stretch coming with @ H, @ Maine and home and home with suddenly hot UNH and the breather vs The Cross in the middle. Need to go 3-1-1 minimum and I'll be satisfied. Not taking two points last night sucked

Comment

Working...
                                X