PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

BCeagle
11-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Maine was ready for BC and BC wasn't ready to play a good Maine team. Defense and goalie let Maine go up quickly 2-0 and that was the game in the 1st period. That kind of set the tone and like the Minnesota game. BC was never close in coming back in the game.

Everyone played a bad game before a psyched crowd and team. BC continues to play poor team D against good teams and penalties continue to haunt them. The PP needs to be fixed as they continue to do the same things without success. They need to adjust be ready to play any team as each team will bring their A game. Another learning experience for this young team.

Long drive there and back. Will do the same for the football team when they play Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.

sterlippo1
11-25-2013, 05:13 AM
after maine took the quick lead it seemed the puck was in the maine half of the ice for the next 7 minutes and as soon as they got a break out, it was 2-0, end of game . That was our shot. They took it to us real good.

claver2010
11-25-2013, 07:27 AM
So any sign of this linell nonsense stopping?

Didn't watch (was down in Maryland) but what in hell did Doherty do to not play every night?

BCJacket5
11-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Good points. ;)

Thanks. I was worried I would actually be proven right. But bad games happen, so I'm not going to condemn Billet or anything, especially when everyone is saying we looked bad all around. I think the UNH split will be the most telling in terms of who has the leg up, but at the same time Demko has missed too many games that he could be rusty for that series.

I'm starting to think goaltending might actually be an Achilles heal down the stretch. Both goalies are solid, but I haven't seen either win a game against a good offense. The games we won against teams that can score, it was more our forwards winning the game for us and our goalies just being serviceable. But once we get into the tournament season, I could see the goalies both being too average for us to go deep. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Runsub5
11-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks. I was worried I would actually be proven right. But bad games happen, so I'm not going to condemn Billet or anything, especially when everyone is saying we looked bad all around. I think the UNH split will be the most telling in terms of who has the leg up, but at the same time Demko has missed too many games that he could be rusty for that series.

I'm starting to think goaltending might actually be an Achilles heal down the stretch. Both goalies are solid, but I haven't seen either win a game against a good offense. The games we won against teams that can score, it was more our forwards winning the game for us and our goalies just being serviceable. But once we get into the tournament season, I could see the goalies both being too average for us to go deep. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Billet did not have a good game. I think if he were asked about those first two goals, his response would be I should have stopped them. BC went through a period last January where there goal tenders really struggled and BC was searching for some consistency in goal. I haven't seen Demko play so can't compare the two. My guess would be that Billet will develop as the season progresses. I agree with your analysis of the game. BC was not ready for Maine. These games happen to all teams at some point during the season.

sterlippo1
11-25-2013, 11:48 AM

Didn't watch (was down in Maryland) but what in hell did Doherty do to not play every night?

Was that awesome or what? Thank you randy Edsal

DoubleA
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
So who has taken over butcher duties for Maine this season with Diamond gone? First time in a while they haven't had a blatant cheap shot artist like Ryan or Liscak on the roster, at least not that I know of? Let's pray we don't suffer any season ending injuries up there, cuz God knows they obviously aren't going to try and skate with us, which leaves them only one other option....
Carl-Ton Bar-Rett Da Da ... Da da da. Once again, you are RIGHT! Amazing!
How did the Eagles fare Sat night at Alfond? The box score, the recap, and about 10 posts from BC fans here must be all wrong. Certainly, Maine can't skate with BC. Certainly Maine can't stay with BC unless they have solid cheap shot artists and butchers. How did they do against a team with such inferior skaters, scorers, defense? Not too well apparently. BC was "allegedly" out-played, out-hustled, out-skated, out-scored badly. Oh, and no season ending injuries from those mean old Black Bears either, "at least not that I know of?" Maine had 4 penalties/8 minutes. Wow!!

Now look, we realize BC is a much better team, no doubt. Far superior, no doubt. And they're from better families too! They should never have lost Saturday's game. The reffing was probably lousy too. BC got screwed. It's not fair!
Carl-Ton Bar-Rett Da da.... Da da da

J.D.
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
A lot of frustration being released by some of these Maineuhs after a win in November ;)

Nick Papagiorgio
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Carl-Ton Bar-Rett Da Da ... Da da da. Once again, you are RIGHT! Amazing!
How did the Eagles fare Sat night at Alfond? The box score, the recap, and about 10 posts from BC fans here must be all wrong. Certainly, Maine can't skate with BC. Certainly Maine can't stay with BC unless they have solid cheap shot artists and butchers. How did they do against a team with such inferior skaters, scorers, defense? Not too well apparently. BC was "allegedly" out-played, out-hustled, out-skated, out-scored badly. Oh, and no season ending injuries from those mean old Black Bears either, "at least not that I know of?" Maine had 4 penalties/8 minutes. Wow!!

Now look, we realize BC is a much better team, no doubt. Far superior, no doubt. And they're from better families too! They should never have lost Saturday's game. The reffing was probably lousy too. BC got screwed. It's not fair!
Carl-Ton Bar-Rett Da da.... Da da da

Jesus, if one didn't know any better, they'd think BC just lost to UNH seeing all this celebrating in November from unwashed hillbillies on the BC thread.

You guys better lock up Gendron for a long-term deal. If Timmay could get a few years extension on his contract with a moral victory over BC in a meaningful game in March, an ACTUAL win in a meaningless November game should be good for at least another year, maybe two.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Non-hockey discussion: Andre Williams, legit Heisman candidate?

Absolutely.

J.D.
11-25-2013, 03:28 PM
No question he is. He should be one of the guys invited to New York. Things could get real interesting if Winston gets charged. Right now, I think voters are going to start casting their vote for AJ McCarron as every other candidate seems to be faltering. Not that McCarron is the best player in the country, but we've seen awards like this go to guys as recognition for the overall career they had.

sigx15
11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
No question he is. He should be one of the guys invited to New York. Things could get real interesting if Winston gets charged. Right now, I think voters are going to start casting their vote for AJ McCarron as every other candidate seems to be faltering. Not that McCarron is the best player in the country, but we've seen awards like this go to guys as recognition for the overall career they had.

Agree whole heartedly. He looked pretty dinged up at the endcof the game but if he goes off again for another 250-300 then things could get very very interesting. All time record could be within his grasp. Needs to avg 278 in last 2 games to make it happen. Sounds like insanity, but at this point I wouldnt put anything past him.

claver2010
11-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Was that awesome or what? Thank you randy Edsal

Amazing road trip.

Non-hockey discussion: Andre Williams, legit Heisman candidate?

Absolutely.

No question about it.

Compared to some of the other front runners who have fallen by the wayside (Winston, Manziel), what a representative for BC.

Need to power through one more week and get that month off, he's clearly pretty banged up.

J.D.
11-25-2013, 04:05 PM
and this isn't just BC fans. i've now heard a LOT of national people talking him up as a legit candidate.

BCeagle
11-25-2013, 04:48 PM

I thought when a guy is breaking in on you, you can take the body instead of trying to stick check. If you take the body, they can't stick handle around you and shoot point blank on the goalie.

rufus
11-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Hey, no football talk on hockey threads!!! :D

J.D.
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
https://twitter.com/BCHockeyNews/status/404720491795329025/photo/1

mookie is now conflicted

J.D.
11-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Should note that York coached Bylsma at BG

all bear
11-25-2013, 07:12 PM