Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Is mookie referring to the offsides by BC ( he claims) on Arnold's goal in the OT beanpot final in 2012?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Always good to get a road W in conference regardless of opponent.

90 seconds in a 1 goal game on the road to kill a penalty and who does York send out? Arnold & Cangelosi. Says a lot about Cangelosi, I remember in a similar situation Arnold's FR year York sent him out.

Let's hit the quarter pole of conference play undefeated.

Comment

Roads wins at Umass in front of those foul mouthed nitwits are never easy to come by.

Team needs to stay out of the box. Matheson really is a knucklehead with the number of penalties he takes.

edit - their fans want the coaches to protest this game. Ahahahahahhhahahahaha.

ps - DOWN WITH DONAHUE! One last nugget of turd Bates needs to clean up that Gene left us.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          ps - DOWN WITH DONAHUE!
          Agree 100%, just said it to a friend. I thought he had a shot here but clearly it's not working

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/03/...new-hampshire/

It seemed like the Warriors had a collective case of opening-night jitters, as goaltender Joe Cannata had trouble fielding a soft shot from Wildcats defender Blake Kessel from center ice only 30 seconds into the game. Fortunately for Merrimack, officials reviewed the play and determined that a UNH player was offsides when Kessel scored and revoked the goal.

“Good thing I’m not a shortstop,” Cannata said. “I guess it took a lucky bounce, but we were lucky [UNH] was offsides.”

The Wildcats officially got on the board seven minutes later, moments after the Warriors successfully killed Sheen’s hooking penalty.
            Never really understood the call. It was certainly offsides when the puck came into the zone, but not by the time it entered the goal. DeSimone (I think) had cleared the zone first. If Cannata had stopped it, play would have continued.
            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

ps - DOWN WITH DONAHUE! One last nugget of turd Bates needs to clean up that Gene left us.
              1) Following their fans and radio announcers b ! t c h ! n g was absolutely hilaroius

2) Yup. Though I wasn't thrilled with Addazio looks like Bates made a good hire, time for him to make another one.

Comment

A coach then needs to call timeout to allow the officials to review a goal?
                Or are all "scoring plays" now subject to review?

What about that goal Ben smith scored because gerbe slashed the bu d'man and broke his arm creating a 3x1?? No penalty was called (of course)--- so this new "rule" would have disallowed the goal, but would the mighty midget have picked up a minor too??

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not even questionable or controversial unless you're a UMass homer. Offsides. I had no idea you could actually review that, so I was confused at first, too -- but as it turns out, you can. Learn something new every day, I guess.

(That rule is new this year, right? So last year if NU scored when they were 6-on-5 at the Beanpot, the goal couldn't have been overturned, but this year, it could have been - right? I googled it and saw the QMJHL instituted this rule this season but couldn't find information about the college rule.)
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Roads wins at Umass in front of those foul mouthed nitwits are never easy to come by.

Team needs to stay out of the box. Matheson really is a knucklehead with the number of penalties he takes.

To be honest I didn't hear any profanity from where I was sitting in section D, opposite to where the students were sitting. It wasn't just Matheson, but the team is in the bad habit of taking bad penalties of late. Hayes had one too and of course, Santini in the previous game. Contact to the head seems to be common theme. They need to be more in control and disciplined. A good team would have taken advantage of these but fortunately, UMass only had 1 goal.

The rink is not bad and I didn't realize this was an Olympic sized rink being my 1st trip to Mullins. Getting back was a trip for me though in the dark. I need a better GPS )

Are you talking about the Basketball coach ?
                    Last edited by BCeagle; 11-15-2013, 08:36 AM.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                      Not even questionable or controversial unless you're a UMass homer. Offsides. I had no idea you could actually review that, so I was confused at first, too -- but as it turns out, you can. Learn something new every day, I guess.

(That rule is new this year, right? So last year if NU scored when they were 6-on-5 at the Beanpot, the goal couldn't have been overturned, but this year, it could have been - right? I googled it and saw the QMJHL instituted this rule this season but couldn't find information about the college rule.)
                      So..... both wingers were offsides. HA!

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but from the quotes I'm seeing, York seems very confident on the rule change and knows the rules and took care of business last night and the Umass coaches didn't and are asking for clarification and want to hear from the league and director of officials. Is anyone surprised that York is on top of things?
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        Agree 100%, just said it to a friend. I thought he had a shot here but clearly it's not working
                        This was supposed to be an NIT team with next year really being the year for a breakthrough and legit run at NCAA tourney. Not anymore. I have no idea what's happened, but when you score 90+ against Toledo, you shouldn't be in danger of losing the game, never mind actually losing. Seems like a nice guy and things were on the upswing, but barring a dramatic turnaround this season, he very well could be gone after this year.

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        Never really understood the call. It was certainly offsides when the puck came into the zone, but not by the time it entered the goal. DeSimone (I think) had cleared the zone first. If Cannata had stopped it, play would have continued.
                        You can dump the puck in while a teammate is still in the zone and it used to be that if the shot went on goal, they would blow the play dead. Now, they even let that go. However, if the puck goes in the net, they are supposed to blow the play dead for offsides regardless of whether or not the guy cleared the zone before the puck went in.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        A coach then needs to call timeout to allow the officials to review a goal?
                        Or are all "scoring plays" now subject to review?
                        Refs can still review plays they think should be reviewed. With this case, doesn't sound like they had any intention of reviewing it. So, the other newer option is for a coach to call a timeout and request they look at it. If the call is reversed, you don't lose the timeout you took.

Comment

86.3 Disallowed Goal - If the puck enters the defending team’s goal during a
                          delayed offside or immediately after the offside, the goal is disallowed. The
                          faceoff will be in the neutral zone at the faceoff spot nearest the attacking
                          zone of the offending team, if the puck was carried offside. The faceoff shall
                          be at the nearest spot in the zone of the origin of the pass, if passed offside.

Comment

Aerman, here is the clearest description from the rule book:

If a puck is shot on goal during a delayed offside, the play shall be
                            allowed to continue under the normal clearing the zone rules. Should
                            the puck enter the defending team’s goal during a delayed offside, either
                            directly or off the goalkeeper, a player or an on-ice official, the goal shall be
                            disallowed. The fact that the attacking team may have cleared the zone prior
                            to the puck entering the goal has no bearing on this ruling.

The only way an attacking team can score a goal on a delayed offside
                            situation is if the defending team shoots or puts the puck into their own net
                            without action or contact by the offending team.

Comment

I think (pretty sure) all rinks are set up with the overhead cam atop net/goal line for review (right).

Umass/bu/bc have video scoreboards for officials to use --like last night I assume (this game wasn't on TV, was it??? [mookie was watching The Warriors any whos ])

But how then would Merrimack have the ability to video review something like this??
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                I think (pretty sure) all rinks are set up with the overhead cam atop net/goal line for review (right).

Umass/bu/bc have video scoreboards for officials to use --like last night I assume (this game wasn't on TV, was it??? [mookie was watching The Warriors any whos ])

But how then would Merrimack have the ability to video review something like this??
                                Are you feeling ok today mookie? What in the world are you babbling about? You sound like you put on your tin foil hat and started dreaming up imaginary things with Colby Cohen after reading an article from Mary Carmichael.

All rinks in the league have overhead cameras. Video scoreboards are irrelevant. The refs review on a monitor either in the penalty box or tunnel area of the rink. Most rinks also have additional camera feeds (PPV through each team's website, televised games, scoreboard feeds, etc) that can be used for review as well on the monitor.
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X