Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Nice job by billett. Exactly the kind of game I expected.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

now.... just exactly HOW DID BC WIN TONIGHT?!?!?!?!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't understand the question

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I don't understand the question
          from twitter it reads as though umass scored a goal that then went under review because umass was offsides some time before the goal was scored.... something new

Comment

Nah I remember it happening just a few years ago in merrimack-unh hockey east semifinal

Definitely rare though

Comment

hmmmmm

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/03/...new-hampshire/

It seemed like the Warriors had a collective case of opening-night jitters, as goaltender Joe Cannata had trouble fielding a soft shot from Wildcats defender Blake Kessel from center ice only 30 seconds into the game. Fortunately for Merrimack, officials reviewed the play and determined that a UNH player was offsides when Kessel scored and revoked the goal.

“Good thing I’m not a shortstop,” Cannata said. “I guess it took a lucky bounce, but we were lucky [UNH] was offsides.”

The Wildcats officially got on the board seven minutes later, moments after the Warriors successfully killed Sheen’s hooking penalty.

Comment

Is that what happened? A shot from outside the blue line? Or was the goal scored in the zone after a couple seconds of play

Comment

"game officials may use replay to correct an error on calling an offside or too many players on the ice that directly leads to a goal." (found that in the rule book)

Comment

the bottom line is that offsides is in fact reviewable. i'd have to imagine this one was pretty blatant.

Comment

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...y-at-umass-2-1

Recap that includes a GIF of the offsides in question
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          "game officials may use replay to correct an error on calling an offside or too many players on the ice that directly leads to a goal." (found that in the rule book)
                          I don't have the rulebook right in front of meā€¦and I'm a neutral observer so I don't have a feeling one way or another, but at one time the rule stated that offsides calls could only be reviewed in post-season play. I believe that is no longer the rule, but that is where the confusion came regarding UMass' displeasure.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

good work tony. here it is in the rule book:

A team may use its timeout for the purpose of reviewing situations that
                            are in the video replay criteria or a potentially non-detected goal. If the
                            challenge is successful, the team retains its timeout. This timeout policy
                            applies to any video replay procedure used.
                            The on-ice official makes the final decision.

Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              I don't have the rulebook right in front of me…and I'm a neutral observer so I don't have a feeling one way or another, but at one time the rule stated that offsides calls could only be reviewed in post-season play. I believe that is no longer the rule, but that is where the confusion came regarding UMass' displeasure.
                              gotcha. certainly intriguing, especially the new wrinkle of being able to call a timeout in order to "challenge" something.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...ght/in/4868569

Recap linked above. Not much to add except a few quotes from York, Micheletto and Troy Power. I have to say I was very impressed with the class that Troy Power handled himself with in post game press conference even after being egged on by the UMass media contingent.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X