Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Thursday is a tricky game in my opinion. Random trip out to Amherst on a Thursday, coming off an 11-0 win in a glorified exhibition. UMass coming off a 9-0 loss. Something about this game has me worried. Be ready to play. Haven't had an easy go of it out there in recent years.
    I agree UMass has been very tough at home lately. But I'm confident BC will not take this game for granted and play 2-way hockey for 60 minutes. I think the depth gives confidence even though Santini is out for this game. I can't believe what a dumb thing to do on Sunday when the game was won early and a major brain fart by this frosh. I'm sure the coaches had a talk with him about this and a learning experience.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Thursday is a tricky game in my opinion. Random trip out to Amherst on a Thursday, coming off an 11-0 win in a glorified exhibition. UMass coming off a 9-0 loss. Something about this game has me worried. Be ready to play. Haven't had an easy go of it out there in recent years.
      I agree, not a place that we have played particularly well in the past few years and we all know what a pain in the arse they have been in the HE quarters

Comment

hey claver, you're a rangers fan, right? every time i look up, kreider is in on another goal. he isn't putting a ton in himself just yet but he now has 10 points in 11 games. Seems like he's finding his groove with Vigneault as coach.

Comment

Army won at Sacred Heart tonight 6-2. Somehow Sacred Heart won at Lowell earlier in the season. Crazy.

Comment

Apparently, they took advantage of their day off Sunday at Conte.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

hey claver, you're a rangers fan, right? every time i look up, kreider is in on another goal. he isn't putting a ton in himself just yet but he now has 10 points in 11 games. Seems like he's finding his groove with Vigneault as coach.
              That I am.

He's really finding his groove and it's awesome to see. He could've had another goal last night as he was alone with Marty but couldn't settle the puck.

When he got called back up, he was placed on a line with Stepan and Zuccarello which has been great as he's always worked very well with Stepan (even back to WJC). Safe to say he's up to stay. He's also really upped his physical game, which was something we didn't see a ton of at BC though by his JR year I recall a couple of the HE favorite "hitting too hard" penalties.

In previous years it really was a chicken egg problem. With his skill set he had minimal value as a 4th liner but to earn time with Torts you have to work your way up.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ohnny-gaudreau

Previewing BC-UMass series
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  scroll down that page and get the video of JG's assist. I love listening to the BU announcers shat themselves

Comment

Them laughing at how unfair he is was hilarious.

Any news on who will be between the pipes for UMass tonight?

Sounds like Doherty is in for Santini.

Despite the record, haven't had the easiest time in the past at Mullins. No TV for this right? Wasn't it a game at Mullins where some channel had a feed that looked like it was transmitted via iphone?

Comment

The Springfield CBS affiliate sometimes airs UMass games. Not sure of the quality. If Mastalerz isn't in this could be blowout city.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Any news on who will be between the pipes for UMass tonight?

No TV for this right? Wasn't it a game at Mullins where some channel had a feed that looked like it was transmitted via iphone?
                        that article thinks Demko tonight, I would agree, give Billet the home game.......that TV broadcast was insane, the famous WBIN..........they've been better on other games from different venues. I am going to pay to watch if i can, anyone know if ZooMass has that capability? Have not had a chance to look today

Comment

"Operation 8K" at UMass again tonight , wonder how that is going to go down on a Thursday night

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            "Operation 8K" at UMass again tonight , wonder how that is going to go down on a Thursday night
                            A lot of f bombs

Assume it's Demko just to keep the straight rotation which I have no problem with. Though in my eyes it's clear it's Demko's job.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...even-mastalerz

Line charts for the game. Billett (BC) and Haight (UMass) are the starters.
                              Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 11-14-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

York said pregame that Demko will be out for about a week with a slightly strained/pulled hamstring. His next start could come against Maine. Good opportunity for Billett over these next three games.

Comment

Working...
                                X