Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Well, talk about a team that did not belong on the ice with BC. I'll admit by the end of the first period, I was already kind of feeling bad about it. I really didn't want to see them embarrass a service academy like that, but I don't really think anything could have avoided it.

It also would have been better if Santini hadn't nailed the guy with a brutal head shot. Not that there's ever a good time for it, but 2 minutes into the third period of a game you're up about 8-0 in, it really left a bad taste. The game misconduct was absolutely appropriate and I am sure Jerry was not pleased.

With the new league schedule and how many non-league games there are to fill, we're probably going to see a couple of games against patsies every season now. I don't particularly like it, but it is what it is.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      5492 , pretty good.
      Agreed. Attendance was significantly better than I had anticipated. That was good to see.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Alex Tuch continues to impress with another big weekend at the Four Nations Tournament and is currently sitting at #2 in scoring on the U-18 team with a 10-10-20 scoring line in 16 games. Noah Hanafin is also really starting to rip it up for the U-17 team after somewhat of a slow start for him and has moved up to 4th in scoring while fellow BC recruit Colin White sits at #2. Quite frankly, the biggest problem with these 3 is that they could all end up being first round NHL draft picks and be at BC for only a year or two...

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Quite frankly, the biggest problem with these 3 is that they could all end up being first round NHL draft picks and be at BC for only a year or two...
          obviously York knows what he's doing but I'd not want to get to the point that we have multiple one year players on the team . One of the foundations of BC's success has been the preponderance of three and four year players. It's been a while since we've even had a sophomore leave but that may come to an end when Matheson goes as many expect him to

Comment

Based on talent alone, Hanafin could almost certainly be one and done, that is if he even shows up? Maybe York can accelerate him to next year in which case we'd hopefully have him for 2 years. I would also be surprised if Santini and McCoshen stay for all 4 years.
            Last edited by carltonbarrett; 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Based on talent alone, Hanafin could almost certainly be one and done, that is if he even shows up? Maybe York can accelerate him to next year in which case we'd hopefully have him for 2 years. I would also be surprised if Santini and McCoshen stay for all 4 years.
              As long as they are not 1 1/2 & done y'all will be ok
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have concluded that BC will have to beat the 1927 Yankees in back-to-back games in order to move up more than one spot in the polls.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                  I have concluded that BC will have to beat the 1927 Yankees in back-to-back games in order to move up more than one spot in the polls.
                  We look very good at #7, 8, 9. Hope we stay there.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    agree, as much as we can ever be under the radar, we kind of are there

Comment

I think most rational fans could give a flying **** where they are now in the polls. It's more important later when it matters, the end of the season or 2nd half when things get closer to post season time.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        I think most rational fans could give a flying **** where they are now in the polls. It's more important later when it matters, the end of the season or 2nd half when things get closer to post season time.
                        Nah... polls never matter. PWR matters.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Nah... polls never matter. PWR matters.
                          yes, I agree. Driving to Amherst Thursday ?
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Yeah, of course polls don't matter yet but they are ok for conversation's sake on places like, I dunno, a hockey forum?..

Comment

Granted it's early but with the limited HE games this year getting 4 points this weekend and sitting at 5-0-0 at the quarter mark would be huge to separate from the large middle in HE.

Think UMass will have this guy in net this weekend? http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...aluk/#20132014

Looking at the stats a little this morning:
                              BC is the #1 offensive team in the country, by a decent margin at 5 goals per game. 3 of top 8 scorers nationally (Gaudreau, Hayes & Arnold)
                              Granted small sample size but Cav has Yukon's powerplay as #1 in the country (5-15)
                              Last edited by claver2010; 11-12-2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Thursday is a tricky game in my opinion. Random trip out to Amherst on a Thursday, coming off an 11-0 win in a glorified exhibition. UMass coming off a 9-0 loss. Something about this game has me worried. Be ready to play. Haven't had an easy go of it out there in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X