Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Ya cuz it's not like they've already played michigan, minnesota, wisconsin and rpi or anything

Certainly doesn't compare to union's murderers row of powerhouses bowling green, lake superior and uconn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      They were just warming up for their coming matches with Holy Cross and Robert Morris. Tufts schedule was already filled.
      Well, considering who BC has played this year (Minn, Mich, Wisconsin, etc) I don't blame them for scheduling a weak opponent. Just thought they'd call off he dogs before the score hit double digits
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        10 different goal scorers, holy crap
        Reports of their demise are greatly...yadda yadda.
        Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          So far, BC has played the #1 pwr team twice, the #5, the # 8 twice, #10 and #11. Not what you would call a soft schedule...
          2014 tournament pairwise ??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            Well, considering who BC has played this year (Minn, Mich, Wisconsin, etc) I don't blame them for scheduling a weak opponent. Just thought they'd call off he dogs before the score hit double digits
            You obviously weren't at the game, or you'd understand. One regular line didn't even dress. The dogs were called off after the first period. We were talking about this after the first period (4-0; 21 SOG to 3 SOG). What's more disrespectful to an opponent... keep playing the game and back off a bit or just skate around the ice playing keep away with the puck, never taking another shot and not allowing them a shot?

Look at the box score... SOG were more even the last 2 periods. IMO, this could have been a 20-0 score with 100 to 10 SOG. BC did call off the dogs, without stopping playing the game.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              I don't blame them for scheduling a weak opponent.
              We have a couple of EZAC games coming up too!

haha... I know you're a Brown and BC fan. Just busting your chops.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Ya cuz it's not like they've already played michigan, minnesota, wisconsin and rpi or anything
                No kidding. Didn't see any beatching when we thrashed Wisconsin 9-2 (and we gave them the 2).
                We tried giving Army 2, but they wouldn't take 'em. So we did.
                That's the difference between 9-2 and 11-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  They called off the dogs early in the 2nd

As I said I just don't get the value for either team in playing that game

Comment

If I go to the game Thursday, what is the best route ? Take the Pike and get off where or what exit in Amherst ?
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      If I go to the game Thursday, what is the best route ? Take the Pike and get off where or what exit in Amherst ?
                      Take pike west to exit 4.
                      Take 91-N to exit 19.
                      Bear right off the ramp.
                      Go straight for a while on route 9.
                      Take a left when you see the signs for UMASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                        Take 91-N to exit 19.
                        Bear right off the ramp.
                        Thanks ) I have never been to Mullins to see a game
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                          Take 91-N to exit 19.
                          Bear right off the ramp.
                          Isn't it quicker getting off at exit 8 in Palmer?

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            Isn't it quicker getting off at exit 8 in Palmer?
                            Perhaps a few less miles but definitely not quicker. You'll see a sign that says 'UMASS exit 8', but that puts you on route 9, which isn't a major highway, for about an hour. If you go pike to 91-n you're on a major highway the whole way.

Comment

Helicopter
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

5492 , pretty good. No Pats probably helped....the feed was free but I'd rather pay for better quality , it was terrible for a lot of the game

Comment

Working...
                                X