Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
    I'm real interested to see how he looks back there. All the BC fans act like he is totally incapable of playing the position. I doubt he is as bad as you all are making it seem but I'm hopeful that you're spot on
    Believe me if you were a BC fan and watched him, you would wonder why Doherty is not playing. But it's early in the season and I'm hedging Doherty will be back in the future but for now he's on the blue line.

Why not make the beer $8.25 or $8.50 to move the lines along faster ? I'm sure it will not decrease the beer sales but increase it.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      This game was very similar to the Wisconsin game. BU was flat footed, BC was skating.
      I was a little concerned we were only up 2-0 after the first, but less so after we got the 3rd goal. BU's goal was a fluke and it was apparent they weren't going to put together a sustained attack. The Eagles never took their foot off the pedal for 60 minutes. Good team effort at all positions. Scary how talented this team is. More scary how much better I think they will become.
      I was thinking the same and I had a similar incident when I was playing in my adult mens league game. I was trying to deflect the shot to the side but it popped up into the air floated behind the goalie where he was not standing and floated into the net over his head and shoulder ((

I think by February and March, this team will be running on all cylinders and working out the kinks. They have been giving up a lot of PP goals this season and at the same time already have 4 SH goals. Eventually, I think the team defense will be better against the likes of Minnesota or other quality teams and Demko the #1 goalie. I have not seen this type of depth on the blue line and forward lines and potentially this team can be very good. But they're still a young team and the coaches experimenting with line combos and other things.

Where I was sitting, the BC sucks chant didn't last very long once it became apparent that BU was not going to overcome the problems they were dealing with. I thought the PK was good but flukey goals happen all the time and when the puck is deflected or redirected, there's not much you can do but hope for puck luck in reverse if you're the defender.
      Last edited by BCeagle; 11-09-2013, 02:40 AM.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Pretty good record for this stretch of games. Very happy with where they are at.

Comment

FiveHole12, you said Santini and JG got dinged up. I didn't notice on the feed..........Bernie Corbett was fawning over Johnny Hockey during the broadcast

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Pretty good record for this stretch of games. Very happy with where they are at.
            I guess two posts can come in at the same time, wow. yeah, for sure , 5-2-1 but even more than the record is the fact that this freshmen class seems to be the real deal

Comment

Congrats on the clinic. Very good team you have...your goalie may not be very good but it was impossible to tell last night, wasn't it?
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Well that worked

Saw BU only had 6 even strength shots? Jesus

Comment

Sterlippo, listening to bu feed over the bc one?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    I guess two posts can come in at the same time, wow. yeah, for sure , 5-2-1 but even more than the record is the fact that this freshmen class seems to be the real deal
                    The only guys I would like to see more from are Gilmour and Calnan. With Arnold and Hayes graduating and with Gaudreau likely leaving, we are going to need more than just Fitz and Cangelosi being legit scoring threats going into next season.

We also may need another D recruit with Matheson likely gone. The BC Hockey Blog mentions that Hanafin could potentially show up next year instead of 2015. He'll be 17 this January, so he would turn 18 halfway through his freshmen year if he did come a year early. From what I've heard about him, he'd probably be a top 5 D-man in HE if he was playing this year as a 16 year old! Probably will come down to whether or not he has enough credits. Speaking of the U-17 squad, 2015 BC recruit Colin White is really pouring it on for them. From what I've heard, he's not super flashy, just does everything real well, similar to say Bill Arnold but with better wheels and offensive skills.
                    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 11-09-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Sterlippo, listening to bu feed over the bc one?
                      lol, no, I watched the feed from the BU web site and they use the radio broadcast. I actually like Bernie. Say what you want about him but when BU sucks, he says it. He also said after that 09 look alike goal they scored last night that he was glad they didn't review it as he thought it had a chance to be overturned, said "hurry and drop the puck!" ............I never could understand when you buy that cbs thing, why the single game is not available. You have to buy a month subscription then cancel it before the month is over.............. That stat claver posted above is sick. 6 even strength shots? really? wowzers

Comment

lol, no, I watched the feed from the BU web site and they use the radio broadcast. I actually like Bernie. Say what you want about him but when BU sucks, he says it. He also said after that 09 look alike goal they scored last night that he was glad they didn't review it as he thought it had a chance to be overturned, said "hurry and drop the puck!" ............I never could understand when you buy that cbs thing, why the single game is not available. You have to buy a month subscription then cancel it before the month is over.............. That stat claver posted above is sick. 6 even strength shots? really? wowzers
                        Yeah, I've met Bernie in person a few times. He's a great guy. If you ever want to get his blood boiling, just ask him his opinion of Charlie Coyle. Bernie believes BU would have had a legit shot at getting Johnny Gaudreau, had Coyle not said he was returning for his sophomore year.

Any place I can find highlights of last night's game? I want to see that pass from Gaudreau, on Arnold's goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

Any place I can find highlights of last night's game? I want to see that pass from Gaudreau, on Arnold's goal.
                          on BU's web site, they have a 2 minute highlight segment. http://www.goterriers.com/

Comment

What's the consensus on Silk this year? He brings good size but at some point you would think Richardson will get the nod with his better offensive skills. Then again, if Richardson is a liability defensively, he may be staying in the stands.

Comment

on BU's web site, they have a 2 minute highlight segment. http://www.goterriers.com/
                              Don't bother giving that site the traffic. I took care of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoHWfFRmI8

Also -- Goal By Goal recap including GIFs of every goal:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...university-5-1
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Grant at BCI grabbed each goal here http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdoHWfFRmI8

Well done and much appreciated

Edit beat by 30 secs

Comment

Working...
                                X