This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Money as in travel expenses? Didn't they take that into account when they agreed to join the new league?
    I'm sure they did, but I wouldn't be surprised if their revenue projections are off and they try to balance the books by lowering costs. The teams might have been desperate at the time to avoid being homeless to.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

If I were the Commish, next season I'd take the 12 teams and divide them into two divisions of 6 teams. Each team would play it's own divisional rivals 3 times and play the other division teams twice. That returns us to 27 games that really matter.

Of course, I'd like to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations that determine who will be in which division!

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        If I were the Commish, next season I'd take the 12 teams and divide them into two divisions of 6 teams. Each team would play it's own divisional rivals 3 times and play the other division teams twice. That returns us to 27 games that really matter.

Of course, I'd like to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations that determine who will be in which division!
        That's easy! Public School Division / Private School Division
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Under no circumstances do I want to go back to 27 league games. Let's keep in mind that there will be 22 league games next year. I'd be ok with going unbalanced and bumping that up to say 24, but I don't want 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
            My friends and I have been beating the drum for this for years now.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              I'm sure NU would enjoy that

22 league games will be fine

Comment

Only if we get three cracks at BC and bu. I'm afraid the better team won this weekend, but at least the games were competitive and interesting to watch. Your guys play a skilled and clever game. Here's an idea: How about sitting Johhny Goo and playing Brer Matt in his place?

Comment

but at least the games were competitive and interesting to watch.
                  They almost always are except i thought Friday night was a snooze fest

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    They almost always are except i thought Friday night was a snooze fest
                    Agreed, 3rd period really slowed down

BTW just noticed BC/BU isn't televised on Friday. First time that's happened in a while, no? And it's still a 7:30 start....

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Agreed, 3rd period really slowed down

BTW just noticed BC/BU isn't televised on Friday. First time that's happened in a while, no? And it's still a 7:30 start....
                      didn't realize that. NBC has ND-Minnesota....cant argue with that. I guess BU isn't the draw they used to be :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        My friends and I have been beating the drum for this for years now.
                        mookie always likes when peeps trumpet his ideas!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          mookie always likes when peeps trumpet his ideas!
                          How did Mookie like his Stillers?
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            How did Mookie like his Stillers?
                            didn't
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.bl...questions.html

looks like another weekend of linell

Demko between the pipes on Friday though.

Had the discussion a little on EA, don't mind keeping the rotation going but IMO Demko has clearly pulled ahead. I also question how much we'll learn about Billet if his next two games are vs. Army & vs. UMasss

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.bl...questions.html

looks like another weekend of linell

Demko between the pipes on Friday though.

Had the discussion a little on EA, don't mind keeping the rotation going but IMO Demko has clearly pulled ahead. I also question how much we'll learn about Billet if his next two games are vs. Army & vs. UMasss
                                Seems like the team in general has played better for Demko, no? Now, I don't know if that means anything. But ya, hard to argue what you're saying when you look at the respective save percentages. I agree that we might not learn a whole lot about Billet the next couple games, it's still a good opportunity for him to compete and potentially boost his own confidence. We're still talking about a kid that hasn't played a whole lot of game action the last couple years.

BTW, would anyone be outraged if Calnan didn't play Friday?

Finally, for as close as "the kid" is to the team, I like his honest opinions. You don't always get that with people who are so close to a team they cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X