Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by BCJacket5 View Post
    Beanpot? I was impressed with NU. I wouldn't put them in the HE elite, but they should beat Harvard. And I think we'll be a much more complete, consistent team by tournament season. I know that's not a conference game, but at least we might see them again.

Worse scheduling than that is the UMass-Maine series. Four straight games? That's really bizarre.
    yeah, i know they could meet in the Beanpot but I wasnt bemoaning being done with NU per se, just that we are done with a rival on 11/2.....I noticed the UMass-Maine thing but why did they play four games? the uneven schedule waiting for UConn?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

The schedule sucks, and NU doesn't even get Notre Dame at Matthews this year.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        yeah, i know they could meet in the Beanpot but I wasnt bemoaning being done with NU per se, just that we are done with a rival on 11/2.....I noticed the UMass-Maine thing but why did they play four games? the uneven schedule waiting for UConn?
        The first two of those Maine/Mass games were OOC. Lots of HE teams playing OOC games amongst each other this season. Maine has 4 games scheduled with VT also, 2 of them OOC.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          The first two of those Maine/Mass games were OOC. Lots of HE teams playing OOC games amongst each other this season. Maine has 4 games scheduled with VT also, 2 of them OOC.
          Based on some earlier posts in the Maine thread, they were having trouble scheduling OOC games. Maine also has two games against Canadian Universities in January that go against their 34 game limit.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Based on some earlier posts in the Maine thread, they were having trouble scheduling OOC games. Maine also has two games against Canadian Universities in January that go against their 34 game limit.
            How the mighty have fallen.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              How the mighty have fallen.
              thought the same thing when i read his post...........

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Yeah, it seems Maine's old coach didn't schedule many games and when the new coach took over he didn't have much time to put together a schedule. The worst part for me is that Maine only plays five games around(within an hour or so) Boston this year and they usually play nine or 10. It will be interesting to see what the league does.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BCJacket5 View Post
                  I live in NYC, so unfortunately I can't attend the games. I watch every game that's televised though. Obviously, TV limits your sight lines of the crowd. It looked like a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl behind the BC bench. Student sections looked packed when they showed them which is good. And they never showed the upper decks or the lower bowl behind the NU bench ("below" the camera angle). So I was going purely off what could be seen on TV. Glad to hear it was better than my initial impression.

Carmine's comment makes sense. I've seen some people post here that a later start time is good on Fridays to get out of work and over to the rink. I guess that 8pm and 7:30pm difference is bigger than it seems when it comes to family attendance.
                  Those seats are rarely filled yet are renewed at nearly 100% every single year.

Speaking of empty seats, another Sunday game over a 3 day weekend. Hey at least this one isn't going up against the patriots!

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  I already hate the new HE scheduling format. I get it that we have more OOC games so we get to play Minnesota , but still..............I can't stand it. We are already done with Northeastern after one weekend
                  Eh I'd prefer 20 to 27. 27 + 2 beanpot meant we saw the same teams every single year, I like the variety.

But I do agree to the points above, some of the non-big 4+ND teams in the conference are going to have trouble scheduling OOC. One thing that may help is if the B1G/HE challenge takes the format of the ACC vs Big10/11/12/14 challenge where it would require a Minnesota to go to Lawler (which would be hilarious).

Comment

Would Hockey East ever consider going to an unbalanced schedule? I believe the old WCHA operated under an unbalanced schedule. If they did, I guarantee people would complain about that--much like a lot of people didn't like playing each team three times. Under the current format, how about just being a little more creative going forward? If it turns out that coaches, etc. don't like being done with a team so early in the season, seems to me it can be fixed rather easily. Rather than having BC/NU and BU/PC as home and homes, they are all close enough together to have those teams play some combination against each other across a weekend(s).

That being said, I'm willing to bet that some people do in fact enjoy the true home and home series aspect to the current scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      That being said, I'm willing to bet that some people do in fact enjoy the true home and home series aspect to the current scheduling.
                      That would be nice. Its a shame that all teams won't play in all arenas in a given season. BU won't be at UVM... UVM will not see a game at Conte or Tsongas depending on playoffs...

At least in the past you had a team make it to your arena for one home game anyways.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        That would be nice. Its a shame that all teams won't play in all arenas in a given season. BU won't be at UVM... UVM will not see a game at Conte or Tsongas depending on playoffs...

At least in the past you had a team make it to your arena for one home game anyways.
                        Yup, the good old days.

Interesting piece from a Bowling Green paper about future re-alignment rumors.
                        http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...ockey-10-30-13

Comment

Sorry, I should have said "of" the current scheduling, not "to". Now, I realize not every series is a true home and home over a weekend. I just meant that some people probably like the fact that there are more home and homes earlier in the season than just down the stretch when we normally see them.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Yup, the good old days.

Interesting piece from a Bowling Green paper about future re-alignment rumors.
                            http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...ockey-10-30-13
                            I can understand the lesser teams who were left out of the Big Ten/NCHC not liking the way things are, but I have a hard time believing schools like Western Michigan and Miami are already thinking of jumping ship from the conference they just joined. What would that decision be based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I can understand the lesser teams who were left out of the Big Ten/NCHC not liking the way things are, but I have a hard time believing schools like Western Michigan and Miami are already thinking of jumping ship from the conference they just joined. What would that decision be based on?
                              I think it would be based on money. I'm not sure a new CCHA would be that much weaker than the NCHC either. Hopefully Notre Dame would join it and one other team would leave hockey east to have the league back where it used to be.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Money as in travel expenses? Didn't they take that into account when they agreed to join the new league?

Comment

Working...
                                X